Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 11.7: A Thorough Debriefing

Brandon finds that while Pogim still helps the city with mages after Creathin's betrayal, Kalute had been much more active with recent events at the tower. Regardless, both gnomes agreed to allow the Pride of the Past and the Sentinels to meet in the second floor of the Tower of Magic. The second floor was one level below the master's chambers, and generally reserved for more advanced studies. For this reason in Alliance, it saw very little use as a general rule, and if anyone was planning on being there, their work could clearly be delayed.

All of both groups were assembled, and Kalute was about to return to the first level when he looked back at the groups, intrigued to potentially be invited to stay to hear about his peoples homeland.

OOC: you can decide to invite Kalute to stay or not. It's up to you.

2. Default

Kalthanar gestures to a seat, “You can join us Kalute. This is about Windale after all.”

Kalute's ears perk up a bit at hearing this. He joins the others in the room, obviously very curious about Windale.

OOC: If you have specific questions, please ask. Otherwise, I will post info later as soon as I can here. It is a lot to type, and I have several key other threads open right now. I hope it is later today, but my sense of time lately hasn't been strong.

"So, the show as they say is yours Boden. What did you learn during your visit to Windale? Is it worth a further venture to find the items believed lost there?"

(ooc - Hrothgar has nothing that jumps to the front as an immediate question... perhaps once we see what you type I will have a focus for any specific questions that follow.)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Boden looks at the assembled group and says, "Everyone here is attempting to help right the world. We all have different ideas on how to help Therris. Windale is certainly an interesting place."

He looks at his others and says, "I can't say we knew what we'd expect, but it's not like any other civilization. At one time, the buildings were rather tall, especially for gnomes. Some of the buildings are collapsed, but those that are still standing are probably 50 feet tall, or taller. The city is more compact than any other city that I've ever seen - probably around the same size as Alliance, but much more compact."

He pauses and says, "We found an... eccentric gnome on the outskirts of town. He called himself a salvager. He demanded that we address him as..." he pauses, embarrassed to even say it, "'Sir Bad Ass'. He had various machines. One was like a dog but made of metal. He also had weird gadgets and other defenses in place. He kept waving something in his hands and told us that if we crossed him that he'd lob some... Holy Hand Grenade at us. Or something. Regardless, if you approach from the west, proceed with caution."

He adds, "We entered the city from the west side. The streets are full of debris. Metal machines, things on wheels, and bones of various dead trespassers. Not all of the machines are inactive despite their appearance. We got chased into a collapsed building by some decaying machines that our weapons were largely ineffective against. Magic and miracles were more successful at dealing with the threats."

He says, "We found that the center portion of town had an above ground and underground section to it. We didn't get that close to it, but that is where Sir Ba... the eccentric gnome told us that the once majestic Obelisk Majestic Holdings was once located. There was also a Colosseum there, and we could see old signs directing us toward it. In our case though, we found little but rubble. After we dealt with the machines, we found some parts that Sir... the damn gnome asked us to find. We took them back to him. He was most pleased, and gave us a magical pair of boots in trade for them. Said he peeled them off a dead elf that that tried wandering into the city years ago."

He adds, "I'm not sure what you were expecting to find there, but it's dangerous and unlike anything you've ever seen before. Having survived it, I am happy to have seen it during my life, but make no mistake - those machines are no joke. I also don't recommend entering the city from the west side of town. The gnome said that 'Parliament' was once located on the north side of town, but that looked mostly level by some kind of explosion or something as best we could tell. South and east looked similar to the west side entrances as best we could tell."

6. Default

Kalthanar replies, "According to legends many divine items were lost in Windale. We were hoping to find one of them or at least a lead to its location."

Hrothgar had struggled not to laugh from the moment he had heard the Gnomes name.... the struggle only getting worse as Boden continued speaking. Until at one point a slight muffled snort of laughter had escaped.

Once he had regained his composure. He looks over at Mava and says "You win" Its clear she had bet him that he couldn't keep a straight face when hearing of the Gnome. The terms of the wager however are unspoken.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

8. Default Chapter 11.7: A Thorough Debriefing

Wondering if this sir bad ass was in fact Bestio, or his evil twin, Vort prayed for a Sending, “Heya Bestio! I might have some items you may be interested in trading for. Where are you?”
    Last edited by Luopo; 10-12-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Bestio's reply comes quickly, "All sales are final! Err... I mean, I am presently in Mistmoor bargaining for an enlarged rust monster spleen. Priceless, I tell you!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast