Thread: Lords of Creation: Darkness from Light! Re-Recruitment Thread

Default Lords of Creation: Darkness from Light! Re-Recruitment Thread

I'm looking for some new players to add to the LoC game I am running, since most of the initial players have either left or are currently inactive.

Before the universe became as it is now there were gods.
    They grew, loved, hated, and otherwise existed. They made grand creations and life to worship them. Everything was well; but for the subtle tension that arose from the differing factions of gods began to rot their hearts. One day a god, the god of Light, killed another.

This led to an all out war between the pantheons that had formed. The war destroyed the life that they had created, and cursed the grand creations to forevermore be tarnished.

Every single god fought, those that did not were slain early on. All of them fought in a haze of blood and hatred that had no meaning that could be remembered.

Near the end of this tragedy, sorrow overcame hatred inside the god of Light; but nothing could undo the tragedy that it had brought. While things might never be the same, new things could still be grand. With the help of a few great gods who were also broken by hatred and tragedy; the god decided to unleash their Light upon the universe in full.

The Light
    scrubbed away the universe, even the concepts and alternate realities were not spared. Everything was purged, and then the Light began to fade. Before all was gone but the Void a voice rang out through All: "Create". Only a few motes of what once was and fragments of light and shadows heard this call, what shall they do?

The Rules:

While this is a very rules light game compared to something like d&d, there are a few things even gods must consider when going about play.

Mods:

Posting Quota and Divine Combat When Your Gone:

The First World's Curse:

Some of Mystic's great advice on curse wars:

Life and Concept Ownership:

Character Sheet:

Random Conflict Resolution
    Sometimes players can’t come to a conclusion on how an event should be dealt with. Sometimes a God wants to press combat with another God or society. To alleviate such problems Random Conflict Resolution can be called. All Gods receive a 1d10 regardless of their Rank and an additional +1 per domain they posses. Societies are given a flat 1d6. Gods cannot interfere with society combat rolls just as societies cannot interfere with Godly combat. These rolls can be altered by additional AP moves as indicated by their write up. Gods may force a combat for 2AP and other Gods may assist in an RCR for the cost of 1AP.

Action Point System:

The Action Point System is a measure of how much power and divine influence your Deity has and can expend at any one time. Each week, at 12:00 PM EST on Friday, every player gains their Weekly AP during what is referred to as 'rollover'. This AP can be spent in any way you want, and if the chief method of changing or creating things on the world that we are crafting. Players start the game with 16 AP, and begin gaining AP normally upon their first rollover. Please note, you need not have your deity expend AP to interact normally with others! Gods still have a great deal of influence and power even at 0 AP!

Divine RankWeekly APRequired PortfoliosMaximum InfusionsMaximum AP
    Demigod42216
    Lesser Deity54320
    Intermediate Deity66424
    Greater Deity79528
    Elder Deity812632

AP Actions

Misc Items:

Example Post:
    For those that don't quite know what a typical LoC post looks like I'll put one here from a game I played once. I cringe these days looking at the mistakes, but it's still a good example.

Razade's Beginners Guide (Good for new players to read!)

List of Current Gods:
    God NameDomains (Portfolios)
    Zaou, The Eternal FlameStrength (Courage), Fire (Solar), Life (Prana), Good (Dilligence, Mercy)
    The Imprisoned OneEvil (Resentment), Chaos (Freedom), Plane (The Cage)
    Atlas, Master of the SeaWater (Ocean), Earth (Earthquake), Weather (Storm)
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 04-29-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Zalera, the Death Seraph

Player Name:
    Drew

Domains (Portfolios):
    Death (Entropy), Evil (Corruption)

Alignment:
    Lawful Evil

Symbol:
    Two crossed scythes, the blades dripping with blood

Pantheon:
    None yet

Appearance:
    Zalera is a winged skeleton with a pair of large horns growing from either side of his skull. He stands fifteen feet tall (twenty when you count the fact that he always floats five feet above the ground). He wears ornate armor covered in intricate markings from neck to toe. His left arm ends in an exposed skeletal hand with fingers that end in razor-sharp points. A large, bony wing with leathery flesh between its offshoots grows out of the left side of his back. His right arm not only acts as his other wing (it ends in a large array of black feathers instead of a forearm and hand, but also features a long apron of thin, black flesh that strongly resembles a tattered cloak. Zalera can wrap his right arm across himself to hide everything besides his head behind the 'cloak'. Also on his right arm, at the inner elbow joint, a second creature can be found. It is a thin, pale woman with long, black hair and a red blindfold over her eyes. Zalera created her by channeling all of the goodness in his entire being into a single creation. Once a totally pure creature, this maiden was then taken hostage by Zalera. He held onto her, wrapped in his right arm, for so long that she became fused to the spot there, Zalera's own pure evil life force infecting and corrupting her until she was no more than another evil extension of his being. Her scream has the power to kill any that hear it.

Personality:
    Zalera is quiet, almost never speaking. When he does communicate, it is psychically. He is cold and calculating, and does not form close bonds with others, preferring to remain somewhat alone. However, he understands that a working relationship with the other gods is important, if only to his own survival, and always receives them if they need to meet with him. He has no qualms against involving himself directly in the lands and planes of other gods. He has no love for mortals. He sees them as a nuisance that is only good when used as fodder for the creation of undead armies. He likes to extinguish life, or replace it with unlife. He likes to have a foothold established everywhere that he can. He hates the forces of good, and he will work tirelessly to see that they are eventually outbalanced by a counterforce of evil.

Dogma:
    "To die is to live."

Creations:
    None at the moment.

Hmm, I see a few things I should bring up before approval.

1. The portfolios, you should have only two at the start of the game, not six. Depending on what Zalera's like then I'd suggest Death (Destruction) and Evil (Malice).

2. I can see Zalera's appearance well enough (I like), but I cannot tell what kind of personality they have other than "pure evil edginess". What do they like? Hate? How would they deal with gods, or mortals? Also, while loners are not really disallowed, it'd be very reassuring for Zalera to have some way of interacting with others (and/or being interacted with). I know this is coming from the guy playing the god-monster inside a prison cell, but the guy is pretty rowdy and likes to pick fights (well, maybe not with Zaou...).

3. Zalera seems to have some sort of backstory? Will this be something that you do IC? Or is it something that your character has at birth and just thinks happened? Pre-built stories are weird in this game.

1 and 2 replies have been edited into the original post.

As for 3, I assumed that, given things began as a Void, time itself is still an elusive concept, if a concept at all, and the "birth" of this being could have played out over the course of a millisecond or a century, but in either case, since time isn't in play prior to the character's first in-game action, it was okay to describe any number of things that strictly dealt with his physical body as it formed itself. As a natural part of congealing into being, one of his first instinctual actions was to purge himself of all things good, allowing him to become a being of pure evil, yet he couldn't fully let those elements go, keeping them literally at arm's length until they took root again, but without as strong a power over him as they would have had before when they were a part of his general makeup. It's not really a backstory as much as it is a description of how he grew into the adult form he has now, which, again, could have been over eons or instantaneously, since neither one matters. He doesn't just think it happened. It happened. It's his birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    1 and 2 replies have been edited into the original post.

As for 3, I assumed that, given things began as a Void, time itself is still an elusive concept, if a concept at all, and the "birth" of this being could have played out over the course of a millisecond or a century, but in either case, since time isn't in play prior to the character's first in-game action, it was okay to describe any number of things that strictly dealt with his physical body as it formed itself. As a natural part of congealing into being, one of his first instinctual actions was to purge himself of all things good, allowing him to become a being of pure evil, yet he couldn't fully let those elements go, keeping them literally at arm's length until they took root again, but without as strong a power over him as they would have had before when they were a part of his general makeup. It's not really a backstory as much as it is a description of how he grew into the adult form he has now, which, again, could have been over eons or instantaneously, since neither one matters. He doesn't just think it happened. It happened. It's his birth story.
    So it happens at the start of his life... seems good. Approved. Please head over to the Character Sheet section and place your character there, you can then enter the game. Everyone is busy, so it's a pretty slow game right now, but that works for me since I'm busy myself.

No more takers? Might as well keep this up for a day or two more before I close it (pretty sure I have to by forum rules). It'd be really nice to have a nice god to keep Zaou company.