Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Team Alabaster: Whispers in the attic.

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Tarsus sighs loudly, but nods in grudging agreement. He gestures toward the stairs but keeps his back to them, shield up, flail at the ready.




  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,361
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The group goes up the stairs cautiously but a voice from the darkness causes Tarsus to freeze, at least momentarily.
    "Tarsus? Is that you? I heard you left Sarenrae..." comes the dry stern voice of Clara. He turns his glowing shield around and indeed there she is, standing at the edge of the glow. Stern, tough, her fair face marred with that scowling expression she always has and her flaxen hair drawn tightly back in a bun; the epitome of tough love. Although... No, it definitely is her but she never was this pale and those incisors are just a little too prominent. The Sarenrae holy symbol on a chain around her swan-like neck is gone too.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Religion - (1d20+9) [22]

    He maws his mouth to indicate he can't reply. No, I didn't, he would have explained. Sarenrae is with me, as are all the gods. I understand them now in a way I could not before. A way I wished I had.

    But he makes no effort to communicate this to the woman who is as close to a real mother as he's ever had. Tears welling, he brings his shield up in an exaggerated motion to signal to the others. Something's wrong. He knows what it is, but doesn't want to bring himself to acknowledge the reality. She's been turned. Is it a coincidence? Is it the same vampire that turned Eris? Will defeating him save Clara, too? Is he a plague upon Misthaven, or is he coming at the White Stars in a way designed to hurt them most? He doesn't know. He can see the pattern, but not where it leads.

    He grips his flail tightly, but not yet with the courage to get it swinging.




  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa held her sunlit wand with a look of irritation, fear, and stifled outrage. Her hands were clammy from the fight and she paused to wipe the moisture of her palms off on Sarvines outfit, leaving her wand to float in the air for a few moments. She appreciated the power of her prestidigiation and wondered if she'd ever wield magic again once the spell faded.

    The voice from below startled her and she drew her short blade as she turned. She wasn't quite expecting the figure of an elder woman and even less that she would call out to Tarsus by name.

  5. #55

    Default

    Snikt backed up out of view and attempted to go into stealth, hoping this enemy would have a harder time spotting him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+32) [51]

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The witch's concentration is momentarily broken by the feeling of hands moving on her body. When she turns to roast the persons face off she sees Elsa facing off against Clara. The shock of seeing Tarsus's mentor makes her forget her oath of vengeance enough to shelve it for later. Spending one moment to shoulder check Tarsus out of his shock (although with the armor she felt it far more than he did no doubt) Sarvine turns to face Clara. If she was a vampire then she was a much larger threat than the little raggedy creatures from before.

    "What he does is none of your damn business! What are you doing here in this basement? If it even is really you... " She says as she scans the woman for signs of an illusion, cast from somewhere. It would be very strange to find this person here, so her instincts call bullshit before believing it.

    Perception-[roll] d20+8 [/rol]
    Spellcraft-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+17 ) [22]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Perception-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+8 ) [12]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,361
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Sarvine doesn't detect any spell or subterfuge.
    Clara answers but she does it while looking at Tarsus, as if he had asked the questions.
    "A man did this to me. Inflicted this horror upon me. He didn't speak but he was very deliberate. His hair was raven black and long, human, a countenance that would be handsome if not for the affable cruelty dripping from it. He had a large deep scar over the right side of his face and one of his eyes was discolored because of it. I didn't even had time to react when he attacked me outside my house. He did this unspeakable thing to me and carried me here as he chuckled as if telling himself an amusing anecdote. He had a coffin waiting for me here and... He knew full well what he was doing. I know all the children here as I visited here weekly to provide aid. I tried to abstain. I tried to face the light of Sarenrae to end my existence but this curse... It is insidious. It amplifies your survival instinct a hundredfold. I couldn't resist. Sarenrae left me. So I turned to her sister, at least she offered some kind of succor. But I never harmed any of the children. It's important that you know that Tarsus. I would never sink that low. I'm glad that you came Tarsus. It feels right that you end this torment, although I can't go easily into that final night." she says softly but perfectly audible before she steps back into the darkness.
    "One more thing..." her voice comes out of the murky cthonian depths. "The man wore a White Star on his chest."
    A soft whisper can be heard as Clara prays:
    "Urgathoa gu'a na ts'angsh ru' shas ghhuthh I an aftuias su ratha. G'ans na thuia'aga su tsang. G'ans na ghutgun su taa. G'ans na ts'angsh su naka xuia l'uiag."

    Then silence of the grave descends.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Tarsus silently gestures to the others and steels himself for a fight he never thought he'd have to wage. Was he still a cleric of Sarenrae, he might guide Clara to redemption and destruction in the light, stolen voice be damned. But he is no longer, and sentiment could cost the lives of those who count on him. Sarenrae is but a sliver of the Divine, and the universe presents many paths to follow.

    He advances into the darkness, tapping the haft of his flail against his glowing shield in a steady, relentless rhythm. A battle of blood and will lies ahead.




  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Sarvine's face hardens at the thought of someone picking off the people around the White Stars. It was the start of a new attack, one it sounded like they would need all their resources to fight. She takes up a combat stance behind Tarsus and prepares to curse Clara.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •