Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 270

Thread: Team Obsidian: Last man standing.

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Dagge tries to focus his thoughts and formulate a response but in the end his shoulders droop and he settles for a sighed:
    "I don't care."
    You can see the tension leave his body and he drops his blade while sinking down onto the red sands; tears are rolling from his eyes drawing lines down his black red-dustcovered beak. A stark reminder that this all may be just another Wednesday for you professionals, for normal non-unhinged craftsmen and laborers this is an event that Will haunt them for the rest of their days.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Sarvine looks around at the scattered insects that remain, the broken ground, and where the speck was. Mentally filing it away for further study she motions for Tarsus and Elsa to console Dag, or whatever people did in situations like this. She mimes a hug, then shrugs and points toward the remaining guards.
    "I'll go see what I can do over there...where I'm needed. Healing and things...yeah." After a wave that she isn't sure Dag even sees she floats up into the air and quickly glides over to the massed survivors while scanning for the most injured. In order of most serious wounds to least she begins to work her way through the crowd, lightly touching each person to make sure her healing hex works before moving on to the next.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Excellent, we will be on our way, then.", Oparal replies, happy that she will have more time for her own projects instead of spending it here. If she cares at all about how Dagge feels, it doesn't show in the slightest.





  4. #254

    Default

    Tsu looks over to Oparal, clicking her beak. This is... sigh. "... Oparal. Go wait for Synn. From now on, keep your godsdamned mouth shut and let someone with emotions do the talking." She's sheathing her blade, the rage quelling, and yet, she still has that sharp lilt to her voice. She just steps over to Dagge, taking a knee in front of him.

    "... you don't have but a minute or two until you need to pick yourself up. Take that blade up from the dirt and polish it, put it away for as long as you need to. But after a battle, men and women look to their leader. Regardless of how you feel right now, you need to look strong, so that they come out of this with something better than a scary memory." She reaches out, just setting a hand onto his shoulder. "Even if just orders to remind them of what to fix, what to prepare, what relief to offer. A leader doesn't get to take a day off, and doesn't even get to die in peace. You are their support, who they're looking to, right now."

    And then she offers her hand, to help him up. "We'll help you until our Mistwalker is back, and even past for some hours if you need it. But you gotta stand up now."

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20+8) [10]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  5. #255

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHero Point Reroll - (1d20+8) [16]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  6. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Tsu looks over to Oparal, clicking her beak. This is... sigh. "... Oparal. Go wait for Synn. From now on, keep your godsdamned mouth shut and let someone with emotions do the talking."
    Oparal casts message (the spell) at Tsu: "Seeing as how I've just managed to clear our debt, I will continue to do as I see fit. You are free to do the hand-holding part if you wish, I do not have the time nor the inclination.", Oparal dismissively waves her hand at the perceived inefficiency while continuing to walk away.





  7. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa took a few minutes to catch her breath after the battle. She was sweaty, grimy, and somewhat winded after maintaining a rather energetic performance that shut down the ettercap's last ditch spell as the battle drew to conclusion. What most people saw as an effortless and beautiful merging of art and magic, was really very hard work.

    Drawing herself back up after overhearing the rising tension between Oparal and Tsukohari, Elsa started toward the two. She didn't have a plan formulated yet and was just starting to reach the pair when Sarvine intercepted with an emoted plea. She offered a weary but decisive nod and broke off from the pair. As a Magician, Elsa did not see herself anything like a common bard, however she understood the power of emotions as much as any true bard. While the common man would be dealing with the shock now, her companions would be busy compartmentalizing their own fears and horrors for later eruptions.

    The lovely young Magician joined Tsukohari in encouraging Dagge before gently suggesting a withdrawal to give the man his space and his dignity. She could help sooth the pain for now, but Dagge and so many others were going to need a great deal more care than just a few stories, songs, and kind words. If they stayed long enough, she'd arrange a celebration, they'd need it.

    ***********

    Turning to Tsukohari, Elsa holstered her father's wand. The sold black wood with white tip gleamed with magical potential as it slipped into a belt loop.

    "They're wounded deeper than a few kind words and a splash of healing magic can fix. We all are."

    She glanced over her shoulder to the fortress.
    "If we have time after the clean-up, I recommend a little party. Food, dancing, celebration. These people need a strong signal that things aren't over here, they need hope and a reason to believe they'll be okay."

    Elsa chewed her lip a moment, gaze averted as she considered her thoughts.

    "A sermon from Tarsus, maybe. Hope and assurance from a recognized clergyman should help a great deal as well."

    Turning her attention from the present moment Elsa spoke on.

    "Look, I don't know what your history with Oparal is. If it helps, I know as much, if not more, about magical traditions, spells, and devices as any wizard. You know, in case you need some space on our next mission."


    Elsa Tarolandashe:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20+14) (4) [18]

  8. Default

    Tarrah shakes her self off. Her hands are still smoking from the fight. A layer of charred - she'd rather not think of what kind of specific viscera - gunk covers her fists. A downside of burning fists. She, like the others, witnessed the chilling voice of ... something, admonishing them. She contemplates saying a prayer for the Ettercap's lack-of-remains, but thinks better of it. If it was merely a conjuration, it probably didn't have a soul anyway. Much like those giant bugs, too. She ponders the implications of this for a minute or two before returning to the present. Time to regroup with the others.

    She whispers the command word, and extinguishes her flaming hands. She gives them her best cleaning under the circumstances and walks to Oparal, Elsa, and Tsu, who were speaking with Dagge while she was centering herself. He looks quite shaken.

    "Hello Tsu, Elsa, Oparal. I'm glad you're all in one piece. Is there anything I can do to help? I'm no healer, but I can help set up a party. And I suppose I could teach them a few chants from my old life."
    Tarrah smiles at Dagge. "Thank you for your help. I know this has been a tough day. It's my first giant monster / disembodied voice swearing vengeance combo, too."
    Last edited by veryhappymango; 01-29-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: I forgot you can't add in rolls, sorry
    Current Character List:

    Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

    Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

  9. Default

    [OOC: in case Diplomacy roll is required]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDiplomacy - (1d20) [10]
    Current Character List:

    Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

    Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Elsa blinked in surprise at Tarrah's offer and, in-spite of their situation, laughed at the description of their experience.

    "I think it's a first for all of us!"

    'And I hope it will be the last of said combo' she thought to herself as she mentally filed Tarrah's comment about a former life for a future conversation. Stories held power over people and knowing them meant having that power.

    "Why not catch up with Sarvine?" Elsa offered to Tarrah, "I'm sure she could use some help. I'll catch up with you after I finish here."

    Walking over to Tarsus, Elsa waved in an attempt to break the cleric from his thousand-mile stare.

    "Tarsus, we need to talk."

    She spoke gently and with a tone of concern.

    "Is this entity part of the 'corruption' you spoke of earlier? Or a new player?"

    Waiting for Tarsus to decide his answer, Elsa also took the moment to consider what she knew about magical tradition and lore to help provide an answer.



    Elsa Tarrolandashe
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge: Arcana - (1d20+14) (19) [33]
    Last edited by Doc-Holiday; 01-29-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •