Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Obsidian: Last man standing.

Blog Entries

Default Team Obsidian: Last man standing.

The three of you don't need to travel anywhere for once. You're standing waiting for Synn in the common room of your new citadel.
    Ah, the joys of having a mystwalker in the free company and pocketing the expense money...
    "So, you're really serious about taking on those two missions at once at half strength each aren't you?" Synn asks concerned. "Well, not that I don't have any faith in you three but I feel a little better knowing Tarsus is in the four man team. You guys have everything you need? Healing, sunblock, parasol? Gaarvug is hot and hostile."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

"Yes, we've been a couple of weeks ago, it's lovely there this time of century.", Oparal says sarcastically. "Healing, checked. Sunblock, not checked. Parasol...", she looks at the newly joined alchemist.

Tsu tips her sedge hat. "If it gets things moving faster. I've taken on much worse with only two allies - might have to tell you the story about Zirril and the Chimaeras sometime." Or was it manticores? It was dark is what it was. "Going to work on your tanlines while you're here, Synn?"
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

"Sure am. I love the place, if only for the weather. Though it always gets me hot and bothered... Don't tell Tarsus I said that. Be sure to pack extra waterskins. No joke. Let's go." She laughs, exposing her venomous fangs. The medusa waves her hands and with a sensation you can only describe as reality lurching you appear suddenly at the edge of the mysts, Mysthaven to your back.
    "Benefits of the all expenses paid package." She winks and motions you to follow as she walks into the magical fog.
    The trip itself takes about an hour and the last ten minutes the temperature rises from comfortable to uncomfortably hot. When you step out onto the red sand of Gaarvug the heat from its two red suns high in the sky beats down on you. At least it's a dry heat.
    Sunn sighs blissfully.
    "This is perfect. So much different from that hell Artumen."
    Around you is a rough mining settlement servicing at least five mines higher up in the surrounding mountains that you can see. It's buildings are temporary and ramshackle and the entire place is filled with rails for mining carts.
    A nearby half orc in a dusty Red Flag uniform sees your arrival.
    "Hey! Youse can't be here! Get out of here! This is guild property!" He shouts as he lifts a modified pickaxe.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

When they arrive, Delphos at least has the consolation that it doesn't rain.
    At the comment of the Half-Orc, Delphos looked at Tsukohari and Oparal. 'I seem to recall we weren't on friendly terms with that group?'
    Even so, this was odd, they were after all hired by the Miners Guild, to coöperate with the Red Flag.
    For now it was best to let the more eperienced members of the group do the talking until he got a better view on where they stood.

"Miner's Guild is paying us for extermination, mate, we're meant to be here. Rather nervous stuttery clerk came in and asked for some help regarding shipment troubles." Tsu is sweltering, feathers puffed out, and she doesn't want a fight immediately after getting to this hellish plane.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

"Do you want me to neutralize him?", Oparal asks, her lensed eyes shifting from Tsu to the half orc.

Blog Entries

"Oh... The half orc with half a brain but three biceps answers. "Then youse should talk to mining foreman. He boss here. There in that shack." He continues further displaying that while he may be formidable in a fight he's not the sharpest tool in the mine.
    "So, guys?" Synn interrupts. "Maynard asked me do make some other trips and do some other things for him... I'll be back in 40 hours. To you that'll be the first dusk. Good luck." She wishes you and leaves.
    The shack earns its name as it looks as if a stiff breeze would knock it over. Knocking on the door provokes some grumbling from inside and then the door is janked open revealing a tengu... No, wait. The beak and claws don't fit. A dire corby with rough miners clothes and red dust on his clothes and feathers.
    "What is it no... Oh, hello. White Stars? You must be the added muscle come to solve our caravan issues. I'm glad you're here." He exclaims and offers each of you a clawed hand to shake. "Only three of you? You must be some serious professionals... My name is Dagge, I'm the one rhey stuck with running this shithole." He continues. It's rather uncharacteristically of him as a dire corby to be so non-confrontational and reasonably eloquent over violent.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Oparal's first thought is to study the corby's brain while it's still alive, perhaps this deviation from the norm could be forcibly replicated across the species. Opening the skull would probably be excruciatingly painful, however, so restraints would be a neccessity for such undertaking. Perhaps she should... (the train of thought goes on and on)

Her clothing changes to white, many layered attire made from light fabric. Edgar pokes his head from between Oparal's breasts, looking around to see why all of a sudden it's becoming so bloody hot.

Surprised, Tsu shakes his hand. She'd swat Oparal for that kind of thinking given her own heritage, if she could hear those kinds of thoughts. And she has a blank face at the woman keeping tits in her breasts. Looking back to Dagge, she tips her head. "Pleasure to meet you. And yes, I'd say out of the White Stars, we're the ones with the track record for the most destructive potential. Hopefully, we can track your assailants to their base and cut the head off of this beast before I die of heat stroke."

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast