Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12.6 Sendings ala Vort

1. Default Chapter 12.6 Sendings ala Vort

It would be a long week Vort surmised--with Reorx working on freeing Rhagmur and he himself working with Jarkel, reading. Reading, ugh, the thought of it repulsed the dwarf, but he would have to work diligently if he was to discover some method as to destroying the Veil without melting his face or releasing an even greater evil into the world. Always there, in the back of his mind, he knew that whatever he did, it wouldn't matter. The skein that foretold the future was already set and no matter what decision he may make--which some will inexplicably consider 'right', Vortigern was set in the opinion that his decision would not in fact be 'right', but the only decision he was left with that didn't mean a shitload of evil trying to cornhole everyone in this world. Sighing, he diverted his attention to other things and began a series of Sendings over the coming days.

1. To Brother Fjallar
    "Whats the status there Bro? I told ya I would bring back Reorx!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    It would be a long week Vort surmised--with Reorx working on freeing Rhagmur and he himself working with Jarkel, reading. Reading, ugh, the thought of it repulsed the dwarf, but he would have to work diligently if he was to discover some method as to destroying the Veil without melting his face or releasing an even greater evil into the world. Always there, in the back of his mind, he knew that whatever he did, it wouldn't matter. The skein that foretold the future was already set and no matter what decision he may make--which some will inexplicably consider 'right', Vortigern was set in the opinion that his decision would not in fact be 'right', but the only decision he was left with that didn't mean a shitload of evil trying to cornhole everyone in this world. Sighing, he diverted his attention to other things and began a series of Sendings over the coming days.

1. To Brother Fjallar
    "Whats the status there Bro? I told ya I would bring back Reorx!"
    The reply comes back, "Thank you! What is left of our great city is moving deeper underground, but we are rebuilding! This is truly a miracle! Reorx be praised!"

3. Default

2. Head priest of Reorx in Rhagmur
    "Your grand eminence, err, grace, no, holiness; the Sentinels and I brought back Reorx, is there anything else we can do to help now?"

High Priest Tradix replies, "Praise be to you and the Maker! Right now, we're working on reclaiming Rhagmur. It'll take time to clear the duergar and other vile creatures."

5. Default

Vort speaks privately to Cavana and apologies profusely, even dropping to his knees at her feet. "My love, all this time I was only thinking of myself and of the Sentinels. I can do a Sending--a divine message to someone known to me. Is there anyone in your family you wish to reach? My brother, the high priest, and perhaps someone else we know mutually can receive my Sending and I can inquire for you. Again, I'm sorry I didn't think of it sooner."

Cavana replies, "There are many in my clan, but my immediate thoughts would go to my father, Hulmar, and my sister Tiznyl. Hopefully they are safe."

7. Default

Vort nodded, "We are of different castes, you and I, but we each must know someone in common that knows either your father or sister." Vort gives out a few names--his brother, the high priest, and Beatrix the woman down on level three that sold the best rat burgers this side of Rhagmur.

Cavana nods and says, "Surely someone would know of them, especially if everyone is now located in the lower divisions. Please see what you can find."

OOC: you don't directly know her sister/father, but there are plenty of people that you could reach out to in order to search for them. I just need to roll to determine their fate. If you're doing this, it will take probably 4 sendings to get several people searching and proper feedback over time.

9. Default

Sendings 3-6; Searching for Cavana's father and sister.

roll away...

After several searches over two days, Vort finds confirmation that Cavana's father is safe in the lower Divisions with Reorx. An additional sending confirms though that Cavana's sister went insane and killed herself weeks ago due to poison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast