Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.3 Balancing the Scales

Default 10.3 Balancing the Scales

Hrothgar makes his way to the Balanced Scales. His pack laden with the Gold to buy the Bracers. He approaches the front desk, looking to see who is seated there this time.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

As he enters, Hrothgar is greeted by Vellona. She's wearing a blue gown practically glowing with sequins that probably cost a fortune, or appears to at least. It was slit on the side that showed ample amounts of leg cleavage. Her fairly large breasts were heavily pushed up to the point that they were practically pointed upward. She is again covered in a massive amount of make-up. She smiles politely at Hrothgar as he arrives. So much of her was for show though, it's hard to tell how genuine her smile was.

Hearing the glint of his large, bulging sack though, her ears perk up. Her smile perhaps gets more genuine or at least telling into what she is truly after.

As she is about to say something, Henri notices Hrothgar coming and smiles. Clearly he had been expecting the plainsman after the conversation at the Fort.
    Last edited by zebsen; 08-14-2019 at 02:52 AM.

"Ah Vellona, It is good to see you looking as beautiful as ever. I was beginning to think that perhaps you were avoiding me." He winks conspiratorially, before adapting a more sober expression. "I do hope that Henri passed on my apologies from our previous encounter. I am often too quick with my wit, that I seem to easily offend people, especially pretty ladies such as yourself, please forgive me." He waits a heartbeat before continuing, "And speaking of Henri, I do believe he is expecting me".

He smiles politely.

Vellona smiles at him and bats his eyes, as Henri rolls his own eyes. He apparently was accustomed to Vellona's methods. Regardless, he clears his throat and says, "The bracers? I assume that is what you've come for?"

Vellona is about to leave the conversation but adds, "Yes, and recall, that you'll have to leave your very large blade here. Or if you prefer, Henri can fetch the item while I count your coin."

"Indeed, The Bracers."

He places the bag on the counter.

"Count away my dear".

Smiling at her rapacious gaze upon the coins within. In truth he sees her as her true nature is being revealed, but its more fun watching Henri's expressions when he realises that Hrothgar means to stand here and watch her count the coin.

Henri seemed about to summon the security mage, but at seeing Hrothgar unwilling to give up his weapon and standing at the counter, he pauses. With little other choice, he departs himself for below, leaving the two alone while he fetches the bracers.

Vellona's eyes gleam as she begins laying out neat stacks of gold and platinum coins on her desk. Periodically she checks the mint on them to make sure that they are okay. As she talks states, "We've been seeing a lot of counterfeit coins lately. Either the stamp is altered or the coins aren't real gold."

She returns to more flirting as she stacks coins. She asks, "So the fort. How bad was it? Nothing you couldn't handle, I presume?"

"It had its ups and downs." He smiles slyly.

"But while I cannot take all the credit. I did at least fell the hideous Witch they had helping them, along with a few ogres and other vermin."

He reflects soberly. "You can be assured that The Golden Gauntlets served Xanthar proudly as well. Even in the face of great adversity."

He deliberately jostles the table slightly looking apologetic as he does so - hoping a coin (not a lot of them) will roll off the desk.... if only so that he can utter the following "I think you dropped one" and then time his assistance on picking it up for her, for when she is slightly bent over.... just for that perfect view of her decolletage. Not that he doesn't already have an excellent view - standing here as he is and looking down upon her.... but that damn hairdo keeps getting in the way.

Although Hrothgar's attempts to knock coins off the table prove unsuccessful due to its sturdiness, Vellona drops a coin on the floor, possibly on purpose. She bends over from her seated position to grab it, giving Hrothgar full view of what was already mostly exposed assets. She has trouble retrieving the coin giving a longer view than Hrotghar even hoped for. Behind Hrotghar near some of the artwork, one of the merchants can't hold it in any more and calls out, "Oh, for the love of Shinare!" Apparently several had noticed the free show.

Vellona doesn't seem to care and sits up having retrieved the coin. She continues talking as she goes, "Sorry about that. I'm terribly clumsy sometimes. Well, I'm sure you're downplaying your enlarged part at the Fort. The whole city thanks you for your effort. Some of us may wish to personally thank you."

The merchant behind Hrothgar throws up his arms and can't believe what he's hearing.

Hrothgar smiles.

"Well, I shall endeavour to be extremely grateful for any such... er... overtures."

He would say more but he is pretty sure that either the guy with his arms in the air will intervene or Henri will come walking back at any moment.

He settles for a wink instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast