Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Dice rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    That was still uncomfortably close to Velkyn dying...
    Yes. And that can happen. They are adventurers. This was should hopefully dampen the odds of completely losing the group at least. The odds of a TPW here were well less than 1%. Moving forward the DC will increase for most tasks. So will the strength of the group though.

2. Default

This is a much better system than a single roll. The most expensive kiss ever did nothing though.

Authentic Forum Dice-rolldid they find a cleric - (d100) (28) [28]
    25% or less is yes.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll25% night chance - (d100) (94) [94]

5. Default

I like that, I'm stealing this too

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Modifying how I do group rolls. This can still result in a TPW with some terrible rolls, but the goal is to normalize it a bit more.

There are 6 members of Pride of the Past. Each gets a DC 10 check to succeed in a task as part of the overall task.

Boden and Silvart both roll with advantage due to Boden spending money on the map and Brandonís monetary investment in Silvart. Velkyn is +2 from Sirrion blessing

DC is 10.

Of the 6 rolls, 3 are needed to complete the task.
    6 success means critical success.
    5 success means task accomplished with a magic item recovered (benefit on future rolls). Highest roll gets the bonus.
    3-4 successes is task accomplished.
    2 sucesses, means failure: the lowest roll from the group dies.
    1 success means failure: the lowest 3 rolls from the group die
    0 success is TPW

Authentic Forum Dice-rolltakhisis breath weapon - (48d6) (6, 4, 4, 5, 5, 2, 5, 6, 1, 2, 5, 1, 2, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 4, 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 6, 6, 3, 1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 6, 2, 5) [165]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I like that, I'm stealing this too
    I ran the probabilities here. 0.13% chance of TPW. 6.8% of critical success. I won't try the inbetweens. This was a significant softball.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I ran the probabilities here. 0.13% chance of TPW. 6.8% of critical success. I won't try the inbetweens. This was a significant softball.
    I mean compared to invading an underground drow strongpost and battling Creathin, the Butcher, and the High Priestess while rescuing the imprisoned Pathfinders, the Pride of the Past's first mission was a softball too.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollpercent chance of alchemist's fire - (d100) [17]

Meant to assign a 25% chance to the above one. Forgot to type it. They have it.

75% chance of anti-toxin
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollpercent - (d100) (10) [10]

Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast