Thread: Tsukohari's Tactics Toolbox

Default Tsukohari's Tactics Toolbox

**Disclaimer: this is for story purposes mostly, because you guys were asking about practicing formations, so this is your own damn fault**

Here is where new tactical formations will be added, for ease of reference, based on work by Tsu. Actions are listed in order of import, and depending on the situation, are what will be carried out first, next, last. If one doesn't make sense for the situation, move to the next. And if none are applicable, use your best judgement after such. Obviously, if I'm full of baloney and piss, let me know OoC in the situation, or use your own tactic, but I'll do my best to keep apprised of what characters can do.

Common terms: Back line (any squishier casters)

AoE targeting: Stay out of them if you know they're going to happen, and don't cast them if the area is too small and allies will be rendered into their grasp (obviously, Silence will be just fine if laid on top of someone who's melee, like Snikt or Tsu)

Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 04-15-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Delphos cannot cast Invisibility on others. Because he is not a spellcaster.
    He is an alchemist, and the extracts he has are limited to himself.
    There is a way around it, with Infusion, but Delphos won't pick that up for the coming 3 levels. (And Infusion is a double-edged sword in the best of circumstances.)

The other 2 tactic sets seem sound.
    I'm going to think of a set meant to disable rather than murder gruesomely.

Notice that Full Out Attack might actually be better of with Staggering than entangling if the back lines aren't threatened.
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 04-15-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Blog Entries

What's the downside of infusion discovery?

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Delphos cannot cast Invisibility on others. Because he is not a spellcaster.
    He is an alchemist, and the extracts he has are limited to himself.
    There is a way around it, with Infusion, but Delphos won't pick that up for the coming 3 levels. (And Infusion is a double-edged sword in the best of circumstances.)

The other 2 tactic sets seem sound.
    I'm going to think of a set meant to disable rather than murder gruesomely.

Notice that Full Out Attack might actually be better of with Staggering than entangling if the back lines aren't threatened.
    Updated.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by elan View Post
    What's the downside of infusion discovery?
    "As long as the extract exists, it continues to occupy one of the alchemist’s daily extract slots."
    Which means that if a handout gets stolen you permanently lose an extract/spell slot.

Blog Entries

But there is also this line from the alchemy class feature
    An extract, once created, remains potent for 1 day before becoming inert, so an alchemist must re-prepare his extracts every day.
    The infusion discovery doesn't change that, I think, only this part
    An extract immediately becomes inert if it leaves the alchemist’s possession, reactivating as soon as it returns to his keeping—an alchemist cannot normally pass out his extracts for allies to use
    I think Tiger would agree that becoming inert is synonymous with stopping to exist in this context. We can ask just to be sure (I can already imagine him rolling his eyes and thinking "why the hell are you bothering me with these pesky details" :P )

Unfortunately the designers disagree with you here:
    http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l7ns&pa...ons-Here#25103

"The infusion lasts until it is used. That means if you give it to someone and they stash it away in a vault and never use it... you're kinda out that infusion slot and can't access it. Don't give infusions to your enemies! "

Blog Entries

Wow!