Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2 The Rising Heroes

Regina stares daggers over her shoulder at the monk which for a moment seemed half hearted, disingenuous even. Only for a moment however, then seething rage boiling just beyond the red pools were as true as Ondisso's virtue.

Funny enough for the self proclaimed heathen savage, a good deal of that religious crap seemed to have stuck, if only to make fun of it.

"Fine," she snarled out between stuffing severed hands into a canvas bag she hadn't before. Next to it, emptied goods that were being transported. With a flick of her attention toward the small pile she rolled her eyes and sighed. She picked up most of the spilled goods and dropped them in the wagon before the monk could speak.

"I'm not carrying them around by hand." She said snatching up the bag. "You should probably find something to carry the rest of this stuff too."

It was also worth to mention she was wearing a new very well made scimitar on her hip and very well made light shield on her back. She was not hiding them as by right she felt they be hers. By edict of first dibs she got first choice since she did all the looting. First but not the last, there was still gold in the pile she stripped, and not just the coin. Any excess equipment could be traded and she'd want a her portion of that as well.
    Last edited by No Body; 04-22-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default Chapter 2 The Rising Heroes

Axle finally returns with the horses in tow and sees the pile of loot Regina had collected. She begins stuffing the hands in a sack before gathering up all the spilled goods from the wagon and just tossing them in another wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axle ties up the horses so they can wander around nearby till they are needed and approaches the pile of equipment. He runs his fingers over the bright metal scales on a piece of armour and shakes his head. He lifts a chain shirt into the air and shakes it causing a metallic tinkling noise as dozens of metal rings collide. Suddenly Axle notices that every eye is watching him very intently, like jealous vultures.

He drops the shirt back into the pile and shrugs. "Alright, I know I'm youngest here, I can wait." Axle wiggles several quivers of arrows out of the pile and spills them out. Selecting the quiver that pleases him best to store them in, he starts sorting through the scattered pile of arrows picking out the best ones to reinforce his supply. "Have you all decided what you want yet?"

Having received the expected response without a lot of the expected attitude, Korak turns to head back to the people the group found earlier when Regina suggests ​assisting her.

Korak checks the ruins of the caravan for a sack and helps her pick up any remaining things that seem useful.
    See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.

“Regi! Ye doin alright? Still got ‘nuff strength left te help me lift this wagon? Then we’ll have ‘nuff room for all these supplies.” Kostan asks the fuming woman to help her feel needed and appreciated. “Fellas there’ll be plenty of time to pick yer spoils on the road. We’ll need yer help on the other side to pull’n’guide it down so we don’t break the axle we just fixed.” Kostan is confident that his and Korak’s mending will hold for the duration of the trip, but if it takes a hard landing it could add extra stress and cause it to break again.

The dwarf walks over to the tipped over wagon and spits on his hands before rubbing them together in order to get a good grip on the edge. “Well? Are ye goin te help or bicker over who gets the new shiny boots?”

There's some surprise daggerd shot toward Axle that even managed to catch the Kuru a little off guard despite being their very source. It was all that word's fault: youngest. What exactly was that suppose to mean? Regina's brow furrowed and eyes narrowed in that accusatory fashion.

She didn't know how well they grew to know each other before her arrival, but she was certain she never gave her age. Which, in her mind, meant he thought she looked old. Please do not confuse, this was no maidenly offense taken, a different sort of pride panged at the assumption. She may have been older, but she wasn't near passing her prime as a warrior. A sentiment some may say only ones approaching the edges of their prime would have to which Regi would say... Raar and then commence with the biting and stabbing and the whole big thing.

Fortunately the barbarian managed to get her death glares under control before it came to blows. Blinking away the daggers to refocused her attention back toward the bag o' hands. A morbid concern if they'd bleed through the canvas and or attract predators crossed her mind. She grimaced at the thought and regretted her choice, peeking into the bag to see if there was damage done and if it was salvageable or not.

"Just..." She begun without looking away from her task. "Grab what you want. If someone wants it too then you can deal over it then. We sell what's left and split it. Easy." She said deciding to reach in when her name in Kostan's voice snapped her around bag cinched back shut in her irongrip.

She paused a moment eyes intently locked on the dwarf until she could fully discern his point. Help? Fix the wagon? Why, did they get to keep it? No... No of course not, they were just being nice and helpful. Ugh, disgusting.

Regina blatantly rolled her eyes before stowing the bag and crossing toward the wagon. She gives a unconscious sigh as the cleric tried lifting, bent her knees and dug in her heels. "On three..."
    Last edited by No Body; 04-26-2018 at 04:18 AM.

"Three" [roll0]
    (Recorded from OOC: Rolled a 9)
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 04-26-2018 at 06:45 PM.

The wagon lifted only about a foot off the ground but struggled to get tipped any more than that. “Oomph ugh come on put yur back into it.” Kostan grunted under the weight. “Now would be...ugh... a good time to help lads.”

Axle leaves the arrows and moves to the other side of the wagon to pull and help slow the descent so it doesn't land too hard.

After struggling to shift the wagon's weight for a while, Axle sags against the side breathing heavily. "It won't budge like this. Maybe we've had too much excitement earlier. Elwen, do you think you can get your horse to do the lifting from here-" he points out a spot, "-and we'll steady it, and walk it down by hand?"
    Last edited by StillClimbing; 04-27-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast