Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2 The Rising Heroes

Following Axle's lead the orc does his best to stay undetected.

"Which way did they go?" Regi didn't argue, and somehow managed to resist the urge to be contrary for contrary's sake. A task that seemed as effortless as her casual demeanor. Oh right, she was drunk already and the bottle of dandelion wine slung on her hip like a third weapon seemed a little lighter yet.

"I brought you, mean green and..." She struck up the conversation but paused deciding in the moment Axle could no longer be pretty boy with the even younger wizard along. "Axe-" She regretted it immediately as it sounded too what she considered complimentary and tried stretching her accent to a string of hissing s to little avail.

"Travel clothes." Regi gave up and tossed the wrapped bundle to Kostan underhand as finished the thought without any indication as to whether she expected for him to inspect or pack it. Perhaps she wish an approval, more likely praise and worship, or for him to change into them, right here, in front of those unblinking ruby eyes.

"I had to pay out of my own pocket," she begun to complain before the striptease could begin, "Gritzy bits took anything worth trade already, we'll have to sell the armor later. You all can pay me back then."

She added in passing with a tug of the cloak on her shoulders. "Magic boy," she gave Menlaus a moniker already it seemed. The barbarian eyed the boy, then her new cloak, then the boy again. If the aunt could tell then he should...

"Like what you see?" She shifted the subject and clock off her hip a bit, deciding against asking if it were magic like the others. She'd just have to run into danger and find out then chance not getting paid all the gold she'd ask for later if they though she knowingly brought a magic item.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Finding himself staring at Regi, Magi... Menlaus blush looking away directing his eyes over at the cloak then give a quick caught.. then replies almost as he could read the mind of the barbarian.
    "You want me to look if its magical?" It was a easy task.. Most people who could use magic knew how to detect the trails of magical items and spells.
    Before she could give away the answer He picks start to mumble "Mystical energy hear my call, feel the presence of magic and show me what you see" He puts his finger tips together and forms a triangle.
    After just a few second his eyes lights up with like a hint of blue fire inside the middle. Menlaus now turn his gaze at the cloak.. Avoiding looking at any hips...

Default Chapter 2 The Rising Heroes

The magic that Menlaus detects is illusory magic of ancient and flawless origin. He has only seen this Magic’s once before when an elven Chernasardo Ranger came through town. He could guess what it’s purpose would be or in order to try to further identify her would need some wine to swirl an owl feather in before drinking to discern its properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-11-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Menlaus eyes turn back to normal and he turn his gaze to Regi. "it contains magic.. But I need to go and prepare the spell if you want it identified.." this was the least he could do for the group willing to take in a newbie to the adventure part. "I will need some wine and an owl feather" he adds and takes out his thin wizard book. It's covered with bark like marks and leafs are beautifully coming threw the cracks.. They look almost.. Alive? Could they be real? He opens the book and with a quick flick with his finger the right page flies open.

Axle cannot see through the thick branches but he is able to make out a few voices.

“I told you exactly where they were, and you went to the wrong barn.” A male voice said frustratingly.

“Went to east barn like longshanks say.” Replies a foreign guteral voice in broken common.

“That way is east you fools.”

“Watch yer tongue or little redhair longshanks looses her’s. Mugmerch likes to snack on chewy tongue.” Another foreign voice demanded.

“Don’t you hurt her you green skin fu... Ughff!” The man threatened before being cut off by a heavy punch to the stomach.

“I said shut yer pie hole!” Said the second voice who obviously must be the individual in charge.

“Come on le’me take his tongue boss or even ‘is ears since he ain’t usin’ ‘em anyhow.” Said a third.

“No! Big boss Gritznak wants this one alive. But not much longer. Big boss knows about strangers.” The one in charge orders.

OOC

Top of map is north. Voices are coming from the other side of foliage directly to the NE of Axle and Korak

What does Axle and Korak do?
    They could jump right through and attack. Need Initiative rolls

They could try and maneuver to get a better look and follow. Need stealth rolls

They could wait and listen for more. Need perception check.

Something else perhaps.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-12-2019 at 02:28 AM.

"The wine," she interjected with a shimmy that made it bounce against her hip. "I was offering you a drink." She had only intended to make him blush, then tease him mercilessly for it but then he had to mess it all up by going on doing the other thing she wanted as well.

See cocked a dangerous brow as he chanted, and fell uncharacteristically silent. It was a cool calculating smoulder she harassed the Wizard with and not that hungry predatory leer she had used until now. This was a new look the barbarian unveiled, one she reserved for... Business. She had spotted opportunity, she just had to decide how she'd seize it.

As Menlaus spoke up once more, as did his glowing eyes so too did Regi's expression fade replaced only by a rakish smirk. "Are you talking about the cloak or my hips? You may very well be right either way, although you'll need more than just some wine and a feather to find out..." She turned and continued forward with a considerable sway. "But it is a good start."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Axle exchanges glances with Korak. "Sounds like our traitor" Axle whispers, "Let's get closer."

The mentioning of her hips makes Menlaus blush again and he raise his book to cover his face "I.. I didnt..mean.." Letting the words trail of as the sound of her footsteps walking away.. The book slightly move down under his eyes.. as he gulps as Regi moves away..Having a hard time to tell his eyes not to look down.
    May the gods have mercy on his soul.. Was all women like this?.. If his aunt would see him now ..he would been locked up for a year in his room.. learning spells.. and more herbs.. Already missing his own room..
    He slams the book shut and put it back inside his robe. . No.. No more shutting himself inside locked rooms.. Taking a deep breath he takes courage and walks after Regi.
    "She was chaos and beauty interviewed, A tornado of Roses from the divine." quoting a poetry he had read once in a book.. forgetting himself not to speak out loud instead of inside his head.

Like a pair of wolves seeking a better avenue of approach to their pray, Axle and Korak stalk along the brush towards a gap in the foliage and bank.

“No! If he misses ear, others ask questions and find out, if others find out we loose.” The boss goblin commands.

It was easy for the pair to make their way towards the bank since the path in the grass was well worn from multiple trips to the river for fishing and fetching water.

“Oh fine.” The second goblin sulked then gave the villager another punch and kick.

As the ranger peered through the leaves he sees a villager on his knees with three goblins and three wolves with saddles standing over him on the bank.

“If strangers are who you say they are, Big Boss Gritznak wants them closer. Wants to break them, send them back in pieces. Teach lesson. Never challenge Gritznak!” The Boss continues. “Now go learn more, bring them over River and maybe we let little longshank girl go.”

Then two of the wolves begin to growl before getting a slap. “Quiet or we’ll be heard.”

OOC
    Sorry, that your out numbered. The goblins gots get around quickly somehow.
    However you got lucky. I rolled terribly. Under 10 for four of them then two 19s for the wolves.

They didn’t notice your approach so what does Axle and Korak do now? You’ve got some cool new combat gear.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-13-2019 at 02:38 AM.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast