Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Side Story: Back to Your Roots

Blog Entries

"I can always hear you. I can always hear a multitude of voices. It's incessant and so irritating; Lamashtu give me this, Lamashtu give me that." Lamashtu's voice sounds from behind Sarvine. Urfael jumps at the sudden appearance of the cambion and curses but otherwise does a remarkable job of keeping his shit together.
    Lamashtu looks... Taller now, almost the same in height as Sarvine. Her breasts have certainly gained a cup as well and the cutesy aspect of her monstrous face has been replaced with something sharper.
    "I'm not feeling too well. My tummy hurts and I feel like I want to hug something, kill something and cry at the same time. I don't like this. Can we leave?" Lamashtu asks ignoring Urfael completely.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Sarvine grits her teeth a bit at the sudden voice, but she has since become used to Lamashtu's strange means of travel.
    "I don't want you to just give me something. I just want to know how much you remember from your old life." Sarvine asks, as steadily as she can. Which turns out to be very steady indeed, except for the small voice crack at the end.
    "And if you remember anything about this world...and that woman. But I know what you're going through right now, Lamashtu. And I promise I'll finish this as fast as I can so we can go home. I just need you to hold on a little longer, ok?"
    Sarvine steps closer to the cambion when she talks, marveling at the growth spurt but still not letting that get through to her. Not until they were in a safe place.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

"Bits and pieces. Like I've been here before. She's mine, I know that much." Lamashtu answers irritated. She frowns frustrated.
    "Why are you talking to me like I'm a child? I can hold on for ages. Don't think some stupid little ache is going to win from me! I just don't want to be here anymore. I don't need to leave, I want to leave." She clarifies pointedly. Perhaps much like Sarvine had done to whoever a decade ago.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

The tiefling stares at Lamashtu for a moment before nodding to herself.
    "I'm sorry about that. This is the first time I've seen you so grown up, so I didn't know how to talk to you. But now you're an adult, so I'll talk to you like one. But do you remember anything specific about this world? I know you said it's bits and pieces but anything might help. If not, then that's ok. Just an idea- do you think you could mask Morda if we tried to get her out? If we brought her to Misthaven she would still be yours, I believe. I'm just thinking on ways to get her out..." She trails off as she glances back at Morda.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Blog Entries

"Get her out?" Lamashtu asks incredulously as she raises a fist and clenches it. In response the barb wires that keep Morda on the cross tighten and the woman screams in agony. "She's not going anywhere. A deal's a deal. She asked for... For... Something and she got it and in return she has to pay. Stuff like she asked for don't just... They need... It's restitution. A reckoning. Besides, what do you care? I thought you told me to look out for myself and screw everybody else. They'd do the same to me. You said!" Lamashtu accuses Sarvine, her lips pulled back revealing those terrifying teeth. There's a slight trembling in the stones under foot, as if they resonate with Lamashtu's irritation.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Sarvine's fingers twitch slightly at the possibility that she just pissed off a teen goddess. Slowly she takes a deep breath and starts to speak.
    "So the deal is carved in stone. I see that now. But what I told you, like everything else, has layers. I am at fault for not explaining myself fully but at the same time you will eventually realize that I was and am, trying my best to show you what I think you need to survive. I have no experience is raising children and that showed in my advice to you. Yes, there are times when you do not rely on anyone but yourself, and trust no one. There are times when you must do whatever it takes to get ahead and ignore the cries of those you walk on. The important difference that I failed to make clear is that those times happen the most when you are alone. When you have no one else beside you , you cannot afford to be anything but unyielding and merciless. IF you do have comrades, if you have people that have fought beside you, and bled for you, then the circumstances change. If they have sacrificed of themselves to help you, then that shows they care. No one does that unless they care for the other person. Like I care for my mother, or my comrades, or you. So far you have been around the same people, who have showed they care about you ever since we found you in that goblin den. But now you're grown up and able to make decisions for yourself. One of the most important of those is deciding who you can trust, who you can let close, who won't stab you in the back. It will take a lot of time and effort to find those kind of people, but eventually you can. It took me twelve years. You have much more time than I do, so there is no doubt in my mind that you will find your comrades, your White Star, some day. Perhaps not today, or even in the next few years, but eventually you will, and you will have another family. "
    She runs out of breath and simply stands in front of Lamashtu, awaiting judgement.

Blog Entries

Lamashtu's expression goes from irritated to confused sad.
    "So it's true but it's not true? Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't? How am I supposed to live like that?" She asks, once again showing the little girl she was yesterday. Tears are in her eyes.
    "Why do you want her to leave anyway?" She follows up. It's obvious she doesn't realize Morda is Sarvine's mother yet. When Sarvine tells her, her mouth forms an 'oh'.
    "Well... It's the rules that she's here... But... Sometimes they're true and sometimes they're not I guess? I'll send you back with her." She concludes. Sarvine's sight becomes trammeled by wisps of myst and only then she realizes Lamashtu isn't coming with her.
    "It feels good to do something for someone else... For you." She says, sounding now as if very far away.
    And then Sarvine is back at the White Star citadel accompanied by a thoroughly overwhelmed but hiding it well Urfael and her unconscious mother, queen Morda of Mesurat.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

The witch's outstretched hand remains in place from where she had reached for Lamashtu as the mist had appeared. She stares at the spot for almost a minute before Bufo croaks and nudges her, shocking her from her trance. Sarvine shakes her head to clear the rest of the mental fog but only partially succeeds as she looks around in a kind of shock, her gaze twitching between Urfael and....mom. Morda.
    "I'm-I'm sorry for asking but can you help just one last time? I need to get my mother to a temple, to see what happened. To see if she's ok. I mean, she was dead right? Gone to the Abyss, tormented, the whole deal? Oh gods I'm going to need drinks after this... "
    She kneels down slowly and lays a hand that is trembling so slightly you would need to be right up close to see it on her mother...which Urfael happens to be plenty close to see. With an effort she harnesses the powers that were the result of her escape to fix what she can on her mothers wounded form.

CLW-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d8+8 ) [13]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345