Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Side Story: Back to Your Roots

Blog Entries

Sarvine waves goodbye for the moment and quickly walks back to her room, already thinking of what she might take. Might as well take the usual, right? There was no telling what she might find back there. After spending a few minutes getting dressed she arms herself, sheathing blades and a morningstar, storing a crossbow and rations, and finally wakes Bufo up with repeated head scratches. He slowly wakes up, then snaps to full awareness as he sees her outfit. Bufo croaks a question, to which Sarvine responds by telling him what they were going to do today. With a dispiriting croak he lets himself be picked up and gently placed into the armored and velvet lined pocket that he was so accustomed to.

After a last minute check Sarvine exits her room and joins Lamashtu in the main area.
    "Ready whenever you are." She says as she steps close to the not-so-little girl.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

"Where do you want to go?" Lamashtu asks.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

"I want to visit my home plane again. I asked Synn if that was possible, but she said it was too complicated for her. Since you offered, I'm assuming you can find it in ways she can't? Like reaching into my memories or something like that?" Sarvine replies.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Blog Entries

Lamashtu cocks her head slightly and looks Sarvine in the eyes; her big and almond shaped and fully black eyes reflecting Sarvine perfectly. Suddenly a smile appears on her face, on that shark toothed mouth.
    "Okay. Let's go. It'll be fun." she says and takes Sarvine's hand in hers. She step forward pulling along the tiefling and when Sarvine puts down her foot they are suddenly and automatically elsewhere. The wind is cold against cheeks and the land blasted and void, filled with sharp jagged rocks and crevasses. A huge canine like monstrosity snorts because of the pair puny humanoids appearing in front of it and ruffles its armor plated skin showing sword-like teeth and a terribly malicious intelligence behind the red glow in the eyes. With a roar it pounces only to be stopped cold by Lamashtu raising a hand.
    "Stop! Bad dog! Heel!" she commands and the huge bloodthirsty infernal canine complies, obviously furious and terrified at the same time. It sits on its haunches baring its teeth. "Go on, get out of here!" Lamashtu follows up and the devil does as it's told. She turns to Sarvine and explains: "Demons. So boring and predictable. Look at it, they leave nothing of worth, only a blasted wasteland where they do their thing. Ugh. Anyway, we're here. This is where you were born. Your mom is..." she looks around and points at a fearsome keep behind you. "That way. Should we go there?"
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

The tiefling stares at the empty landscape until her eyes fall on the devil. With one eye on Lamashtu she waits, to see if the god powers can effect demons as well as monsters. After the beast scampers off she makes a mental note that monsters did indeed include devils.
    "​This is going to be a lot more...interesting than I thought it would be. But you said only my mom. Can you sense my dad anywhere? Or is he dead and out of your sight?" She asks as she starts walking toward the keep.

Blog Entries

"I hadn't thought about it actually. Is he important? Isn't the father's role after conceiving over?" She asks while walking. "Anyway, he'll be harder to track down. Your mom's easy, you've got a big imprint of her soul in yours but your dad... Well, one devil is pretty much the same as another devil, no matter what they say. But your mom might know his name, if she summoned him herself and then we can track him down that way?" She explains.
    "What's your mom like?" She asks after a pause, perhsps spurred on by her not having one.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Sarvine thinks for a moment, then nods. "For humans and most other races, the father is supposed to stick around and help raise the kids and provide for them. There's a lot that don't because they run off, or the dad was much richer and so he ignores the kid, but most stay around. I hope he's still around, but I want to see my mom summon him if it works that way. That'd be something to see. " She pauses for a moment to dredge up memories long shoved away into a lonely corner of her mind.
    "My mom was really quiet. She didn't talk a lot, but when she did it was always something encouraging or teaching me something new. She didn't show a lot of affection with hugs and stuff like that like other moms, she'd make me clothes, and play with me instead. I don't think I ever heard her raise her voice until a few days before I got dropped off and the monastery. I heard her and dad arguing a lot, over what to do with me looking back. I know she loved me but she was always uneasy because of my teeth and thinness. It got worse as I got older, and the tiefling part showed more as I grew. I think that was why she never tried to hug me a lot or anything, because she didn't want to get corrupted or something. She still loved me enough to spend time with me, but her peasant upbringing and superstitious finally overwhelmed her when I was still really young."
    The witch quiets for a long minute as she keeps walking.
    "I guess that makes it kind of ironic that devils overran the world."

Blog Entries

"Demons." Lamashtu corrects. As Sarvine looks at her she explains:
    "The world is overrun with demons, not devils. Demons are... Well, they're bastards through and through. All they care about it death, destruction and the despoiling of everything. They maim, kill, betray, lie, grovel... They don't build anything or create anything. They're actually a bit like goblins in that way. They're impossible to control except through strength and even then only for a limited amount of time. They're really despicable. I hate them. Devils on the other hand are just as villainous but at least they have a code. If they give you their word they'll stand by it. Though one should always read the fine print with them. They're more... Reasonable I think is the appropriate word." she talks. It's weird to hear the cambion talk at length like that. It doesn't happen a lot. And this time is nothing else, she falls silent and seems content to stay that way without further prodding.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Filing away the information for further use Sarvine settles into the silence comfortably, also perfectly fine with just walking and taking in the rather depressing scenery. As they get closer to the keep she focuses on any features that might be useful, like a hidden sentry or signs of life in general.

Perception-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+8 ) [26]

Blog Entries

At the gate of the fearsome keep stand two horrific looking demons. Though, to say they're guarding anything would be a stretch as that would imply service or dedication. They're more like purposeful loitering. Still, Sarvine has never faced such monstrosities before and id fairly certain she can't defeat them without the help of Tarsus, Tsu of any of the others. Who knew she'd grow to miss them?
    Lamashtu sees Sarvine's concern.
    "Don't worry. They can't see you. I took care of it." She says nonchalantly. Indeed, as you walk closer nothing you do elicits a response from both demons though the witch is fairly sure a direct attack would not go unnoticed.
    The doors to the keep are open and in disrepair and as Sarvine steps inside silence surrounds her.
    "What now?" Lamashtu wants to know.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast