Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [5e] Terror Rising

Default [5e] Terror Rising

Below Mount Waterdeep lies an endless maze of inter-connected tunnels and passageways. Originally used by Waterdeep’s early settlers as a place to send exiled criminals, Undermountain has become a popular destination for the daring adventurer. Recently, however, earthquakes have been getting stronger and more frequent. The Lords of Waterdeep have offered a hefty reward for anyone who can uncover the source of the geological disturbances.

Since no one else seems to be interested/willing to run a new 5e game, I’m going to give it a shot. I was really looking to play a character, but such is life. This is going to be a traditional dungeon crawl which I am creating as I go. Combat will be done in the “theater of the mind” style, i.e., without battle maps, for the sake of convenience. Recruitment will stay open until Sunday, April 8th, at which point I will select 4-6 players.

Characters will start at level one using the 27-point buy method. Starting equipment is per class and background. All official WotC source material is allowed. Please be sure to note the number of active games in which you are either playing and/or DMing. In the interests of full disclosure, I will be awarding experience points at an accelerated rate in order to speed up character advancement. Also, applicants should be able to post about every other day.

Completed Applications:

1. Leo - Half Elf Bard (Rubymay)
    2. Ty - Elf Sorcerer (shadowthebard)
    3. Gunnar - Human Paladin (Luopo)
    4. Elise - Human Blood Hunter (Tears of Tomorrow)
    5. Dalba - Human Fighter (FearfulLiving)
    6. Aeges - Human Rogue (Spellblade)
    7. Helfgar - Dwarf Mystic (Paladamn!)

In Progress:

None.
    Last edited by Hideous; 04-09-2018 at 04:04 PM.

2. Default

Will have a character ready for application within the next 48 hours. I'm in only one game which is currently on hiatus, so I've been dying to play some more.
    By the way, which sources are you willing to accept, outside of the PHB? Will UA stuff be ok? What about 3pp stuff like the Blood Hunter by Matt Mercer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Tomorrow View Post
    Will have a character ready for application within the next 48 hours. I'm in only one game which is currently on hiatus, so I've been dying to play some more.
    By the way, which sources are you willing to accept, outside of the PHB? Will UA stuff be ok? What about 3pp stuff like the Blood Hunter by Matt Mercer?
    I believe the Unearthed Arcana is mostly (entirely?) playtest material. I'm happy to discuss things on a case-by-case basis but if I don't have the reference material, then it will be hard for me to follow along with what your character is doing in combat. That said, I've glanced at the Blood Hunter stuff and I will allow you to use the most updated version which I think is 1.9 (available for free here: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/1707...m=blood+hunter)

4. Default

I see. The one UA thing I'm interested in is the Mystic class, which you can download from the website of WotC. My character will likely be either that or Blood Hunter, depending on the inspiration of the moment (and whether or not you allow the Mystic, of course). To clarify, is this going to be JUST wandering around in dungeons, or is there going to be an element of, you know, interacting with the environment, with diplomacy, social interactions, investigations etc? This too will play a role in determining class choices and whatnot, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Tomorrow View Post
    I see. The one UA thing I'm interested in is the Mystic class, which you can download from the website of WotC. My character will likely be either that or Blood Hunter, depending on the inspiration of the moment (and whether or not you allow the Mystic, of course). To clarify, is this going to be JUST wandering around in dungeons, or is there going to be an element of, you know, interacting with the environment, with diplomacy, social interactions, investigations etc? This too will play a role in determining class choices and whatnot, I reckon.
    So the Mystic class from the link you provided is also approved.

As for the campaign itself, my vision is that the party will progressively delve deeper and deeper into Undermountain while still being able to return to the surface to recover and resupply as necessary. Using Waterdeep as a “home base” should provide plenty of opportunities to engage in social interactions as the party negotiated for goods and services, learns about Undermountain’s history, etc. Most of the underground exploration will be combat-heavy, but there will certainly be some creatures, traps, etc. which the party can interact with.

6. Default

Ok everything is clear. Will get to working on a character ASAP

Default [5e] Terror Rising

Heya ^-^ I wouldn't mind joining this. I'm in 2 games, one of which is a one-on-one. Both are pretty relaxed in pace and not strict.

As for character... not sure at the mo. Can make one up easy today. Thinking something like a bard for more of a support role.

Will get one made today/tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rubymay View Post
    Heya ^-^ I wouldn't mind joining this. I'm in 2 games, one of which is a one-on-one. Both are pretty relaxed in pace and not strict.

As for character... not sure at the mo. Can make one up easy today. Thinking something like a bard for more of a support role.

Will get one made today/tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    Looking forward to seeing what you can drum up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what you can drum up.

Ba-dum-tss

He'll be a Half-Elf Bard (of Lore when the time comes). Hopefully he'll be note worthy.
    Last edited by Rubymay; 04-05-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubymay View Post
    Ba-dum-tss

He'll be a Half-Elf Bard (of Lore when the time comes). Hopefully he'll be note worthy.
    I'm sure he won't be stuck playing second fiddle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast