Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Side Story: Life Is Short

Tsu repeats dumbly, "...and see old friends." She bows quickly in return, stunned by Toshiro's sudden appearance...and his friendliness with Tarsus. If birds could sweat, she would be right now, and she steels herself. He even has a chip in his beak like m- no! Stop that thinking girl. "B-But yes, a trade deal." Ahem. She clears her throat, taking off her coat and holding it out toward Toshiro. "Feel the weight of that - solid metal plates sewn on inside, strong as any steel or stronger and half the encumbrance. It moves with me, and I dare say it's a good investment on my part. And Adamantine? Armor made of that is hard to sunder, and protects against heavy blows - weapons will go through iron like it's butter." Maybe not that dramatically. "Either way, like I was telling this one, we would like to broker a deal, and you can get finished products at a decent discount."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

Oparal listens as Tsu explains. To have a privilege to enchant an armor or a weapon made of some of the two most precious metals... she could imbue them to become the stuff of legends.

3. Default

Mattilda looks a little out of place around the Tengu but nods and extends her hand, nails retracted, in a gesture of kindness. "I'm Mattilda. Tsu here recently saved me from a very sad fate and I'm in her debt. I hope to become good friends with everyone here."

Elja raises an eyebrow at Mattilda's offer of friendship with the Five Feathers, and continues building off of Tsu's sales pitch. He draws his adamantine slowly and non threateningly and hands it over to Toshiro, trusting the bird with one of his most prized possessions. "Feel this. Perfectly weighted, and will cut through about anything."

Blog Entries

Toshiro listens to Tsu's sales pitch and takes Elja's blade carefully as he studies it.
    "Mmm... Excellent craftsmanship. Rectangular lines and rather singular angles... Dwarven smiths?" He appraises before handing the blade back. "I have several blades of it in my collection. And some of our highest ranking members wear mithral. They too are full of praise about it... We are not in a position that facilitates spending a lot of coin at the moment but... What kind of discount are we talking about here?" he asks interested. At Mattilda's offer of friendship he cocks an avian eyebrow.
    "We too are always on the look out for new friends." He answers as the female tengu behind him huffs and gives Mattilda a quite pointed look.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

6. Default

Mattilda shrugs off the look of the female Tengu and nods to the male. "Good to hear. Perhaps we will be able to get to that point one day."

"Discount of 40% off of all finished goods - with a 10% brokering fee for White Star, you pay 66% of what you normally would. Roughly two-thirds - on something like a suit of Adamantine Plate, though, that's over five thousand gold you're not paying. We've got the contract for a good long time anyway, for sorting out their, ah...political disputes."

And so a deal is struck.

Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 04-04-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

Default Side Story: Of Rice And Men

Stepping along through Tengutown, the hustle and bustle, Tsu is shopping in some downtime. Insisting on getting some dishes more to her tastes, she's here with a kitchen budget, just in a hakama, sarashi top, and a loose coat over the top, her old one she always wore while metalworking in the district. Her sedge hat rests on her back, and her sword rests underneath, peacebonded with red cord and strapped across her back.

Despite the hustle and bustle, it's nice to be around here in short bursts for her, seeing familiar people. To anyone else, these are a bunch of Tengu. To Tsukohari, there's a baker, a mother, a soldier, a running journeyman. Pausing by a stand, she glances over the fruit here. Some of these things are expensive, but...oranges. Her eyes light up. Oranges at the fort would be lovely.

Blog Entries

The old greying tengu behind the stall doesn't waste any time and pounces on Tsukohari the first chance she gets.
    "You like? Very good quality! Nice and juicy. I give you special price. 2 for a copper, 12 for 5. They make feathers shine. You gonna look nice." She rambles in broken common.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

What? She's taken aback a moment, but she knows the pitch. Kinda. Feathers shining? Counting for a moment, she tries to think. How about...she switches to her Eastern Common for this old bird, in good spirits. ["I would take twenty-four for a silver - and how are the cherries this season?"] Another good one, and Tsu's thinking about Sarvine and Lamashtu with this one. They'd both probably like the little tart fruits. Now she's starting to think of dishes that Tarsus would have to do, if he could manage. Tsu's not much of a cook with heat, but is grand with a knife in cold-preparation.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast