Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Side Story: Life Is Short

Default Side Story: Old Roosts

About ten days after the Tengutown political massacre...

...Tsu arrives to the outskirts, rubbing her neck a little. She invited Elja, Lavinia, and Mattilda to be polite, so she's just waiting to see if any one of them want to visit Tengutown with her. Alabaster's seen it, but Obsidian hasn't. It's not like she was prominent, having been a blacksmith for two years and not really aspiring much higher. Oparal was a little too busy making things, last she checked. Tarsus also got an invitation, actually, and she wonders on that. They actually have a good...comraderie thing going. Not at all like she'd thought it'd be.

She slicks back back her headfeathers a bit as well, slightly worried about what Toshiro might think, or anyone else. Before she left for the White Stars, she was a relatively-quiet, kind, soft-spoken woman who didn't get out much. Kind of a shy loner. But now?
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 05-23-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

"Is Lavinia coming too? I mean, I'd love to see the Tengu architecture if you'll let me join you.", Oparal responds to the invite.

3. Default

Mattilda follows along with Tsu, she does after all owe her a debt and she'd like to see the place. Who knows maybe she'll find some information about her parents.

Elja walks up the street, his armor shining in the sunlight. He was curious what Tsu meant to show them. He hadn't spent much time in tengutown; hadn't spent a tremendous amount of time outside the church he was raised in, period. He had a general idea of the layout of Misthaven, but no real experience with much of the city except what he had experienced in White Star.

As he approached his tengu companion, he gave her a brief smile. "So, Tsu... I appreciate your invitation, but I have to admit that I'm curious. What are we doing here?"

Tsu looks as they begin to join. Well. "I'd hope Lav is coming. Still, I figure we've still got some leave of absence, and I spent two years of my life here. I'd like to see the place again, maybe get a few souvenirs, see some people...and discuss a deal while we're here. White Star needs to make good connections so we don't get caught with our pants down again if the fireknockers come a callin' again."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

6. Default

Mattilda walks up to Tsu and asks quietly "So Tsu, what's with all the animosity back there? Should I be ready to 'assist' you if things get messy?"​ She does owe this one the most as far as she is concerned but would prefer to avoid infighting if possible since technically she owes them all. She will however protect the person she considers to be her Patron in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by chadahelmsley View Post
    Mattilda walks up to Tsu and asks quietly "So Tsu, what's with all the animosity back there? Should I be ready to 'assist' you if things get messy?"​ She does owe this one the most as far as she is concerned but would prefer to avoid infighting if possible since technically she owes them all. She will however protect the person she considers to be her Patron in this instance.
    "Some friendly banter, Mattilda. There will always be disagreements in an organization such as this. It's helpful and healthy for people to be able to voice their opinions, regardless of whether you agree with them. They may present an idea or point of view that you hadn't considered. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, there's really no harm. And you might want to clean some of that brown off the end of your nose..." The paladin gives her a friendly smile and a wink.

Blog Entries

The Tengutown architecture, as Oparal wanted to see, is one of claustrophobic alleyways and wooden buildings, often two or three stories his that lean over the streets below with extended balconies and roofs giving you the impression that the whole street is constantly bearing down on you. Many races live in the slum-like environment that is Tengutown, not just tengu, but the amount of ravens sitting literally everywhere is a bit disconcerting. It's also an extremely crowded place and ther doesn't pass a heartbeat where someone isn't squeezing past you or bumping into you. Everywhere are signs written on the walls in Tengutown's dialect advertising craftsmen to directions to the nearest bathhouse or just messages scribbled by residents for other residents.
    Many of the buildings have stairs that descend under ground level to sub-levels and it's obvious that not only is there a lot of activity going on above ground but also below.

You've been standing there, at the edge of the district waiting for the invitees to gather, maybe ten minutes when two cloaked men drop for a nearby roof onto a balcony to your right. Their leather armor and rectangular short blades very apparent.
    "White Stars? You've been courteous enough to wait before entering. What do you want?" asks one of them, a young man no older than 16.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

"Just visiting old friends," Tarsus says with a smile, approaching from behind the gathered troupe. "Sorry I'm late. There were… things." He weakly gestures back in the direction from which he came.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 05-24-2016 at 07:58 PM.

(I was setting this ten days into our two-week break guys.)

"What Elja said, though the loyalty flatters me." She looks to the cloaked men, quirking her brow. Hmm. "I am Tsukohari of the Dark Rock Tribe, resident of Tengutown for the past two years. The courtesy was in assumption that it's no longer the case, according to some, and the fact that I have comrades along." Tsu bows to them. "That said, I suppose I'm here in official capacity as well. I have a business proposition for the Five Feathers Free Company, on behalf of the White Star Free Company, concerning the procurement of adamantine and mithral armaments at a hefty discount."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 05-24-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast