Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 613

Thread: Ritual of Renewal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,570
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Ritual of Renewal

    The Sun is just rising as your group stands in the middle of the small village. The cold winter winds have moved on, but the air is still cool to your faces. From between the patches of melting snow the first blades of grass are peering out into the world.
    Nearly all of Moonbrook is gathered in the center of the village, sleepy and excited faces all around are waiting for the priestess of Tarmes to start the ceremony. an older woman dressed in green robes walks over to the altar set up in a circle of stones. The woman moves slowly, dragging her left leg and relying on a staff to support her weight.
    When she reaches the altar she turns around and starts speeking in a strange language:


    When she finishes she turns around and addresses the people who are anxiously waiting:
    „The time has come again! Spring is upon us! And with it, the time has come to renew our pact with our Protector. One of us must take the sacred stone to the Shrine of Tarmes, our guide and protector to recieve his blessing. But who shall bear this honorable task? May the Lord of rebirth choose his champion!” She pulls out a handful of leaves from within her robe and tosses them up in the air.
    A gust of wind catches the leaves wirling them around above the heads of the villagers. The green leaves dance around for a moment then gather in one place raining down onto the head of a black-haired girl no more than 15 years old. The child seams frightened for a second, but then determination fills her expression as she looks at her mother the priestess.
    „Tarmes has chosen!” the woman announces. „My daughter Maya shall be the bearer of the stone.”
    The villagers gasp as one as the girl steps forward: „I will fulfill my duty. I swear by my life.”
    „You will not go alone my child.” the priestess replies. „I have hired a group of warriors to escort you on your journey.” She gestures to where your group is standing. „Is there anyone else among us who would brave the perilous road to the shrine?”

  2. #2

    Default

    Dorngrin's palms were sweaty. He had been planning on this for some time. He just never planned on it being Maya. He knew Maya. He had seen her take her first steps. She was just a child. It would be one thing if he failed an adult, but He couldn't let Maya down. He knew how dangerous this was. His pa had died for this ritual, but Dorngrin was Balgart. His pa had raised him better than to be scared and no Balgart worth the name would let a little girl do the ritual trusting in a bunch of strangers.

    His hand was up before he realized it. "I'll go. Maya should have someone she knows beside her."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default Ritual of Renewal

    A little green goblin with pointy teeth and long, ragged ears steps forward and grins widely. This might be slightly unnerving to most, but he seems oblivious to their anxiety. He bangs his fist on his animal-pelt-covered chest... wait, those animal pelts look cat shaped... and pronounces with the bravado and arrogance of one much bigger and imposing than he, “Blekt, son of the mighty Blorkt will do this! He has too been choosed by the gods to do big stuff, just like the little girl!” He gestures at Maya, who stands several heads taller than him, and who is also several years older.
    Blekt then draws a battle axe that’s almost as big as him, swings it a few good times and then leans against it in what is probably supposed to be a heroic pose, but actually looks like he needs to go to the bathroom.



    Come join us on Discord!

  4. #4

    Default

    Aldred Thinspanner strokes his beard as he watches Blekt make his announcement. He sighs deeply, closes his eyes and then steps forward

    "I shall lend my magical talents to the group to ensure the safety of the stone. Aldred Thinspanner at your sevice my good folks."

    He flourishes his robes a bit as he speaks for effect

  5. #5

    Default

    Theodore had been listening quietly, pondering a riddle that had been in his head for some time. The three gods problem...
    When Maya was chosen, he was a bit shocked. He had been expecting an adult. However, he quickly recovered. The gods were always mysterious- as were humans. If there were ever an end to puzzles, the druid didn't know what he would do.
    Looking more like a professor than a traveler, he nodded as part of the expeditionary force. "I will commit my whole effort to the endeavor and to your protection," he states in a level, reassuring tone. "If there is anything else any of you require, simply ask."

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  6. #6

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    1,563
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Well..." The red haired woman garbed in steel and cloth takes a half-step forward, before resting a hand on her hip not far from where a new-looking warhamer is strapped. "You said y'd be paying us for the privelege, so I didn't think we needed to sound off. But Freyjalynne Stormblessed'll be escorting the lass as well."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,570
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Maya gives Dorngrin a warm smile when she hears him volunteer, she is about to say something when she get's startled by the loud goblin. The girl instinctively takes a step towards the dwarf. After the last of the party had announced their participation, Maya performs a bow and says "I'm honored to be guarded by such brave people."
    Magda, the priestess raises a hand: "Come Stonebearer and recieve the blessing of our Protector." Maya nervously walks over to her mother and bows her head. The priestess lifts a small glass vial from the altar and pours a few drops of water onto the girl's hair. "May the life-giving water of Tarmes guide you on your way!" Then she turns to the party: "And may his strength aid the protectors of the stone." She walks up to each member of the party and hands them a single leaf.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default

    Blekt looks at the leaf. He turns it over and over in his hands, examining it from every angle. "Is this food, or magic?" he asks in his screechy voice.
    Last edited by Rellott; 04-02-2018 at 05:40 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #10

    Default

    Aldred takes the leaf gingerly and it finds itself secured in a concealed pocket in his robe. He winces slightly as he hears Blekt's voice but straightens his face quickly.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •