Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Ritual of Renewal

Blog Entries

Freija's hammers strike at the toad from two different sides at the same moment, resulting in its body exploding and showering you all in frog bits. Dorngrin falls to the ground now free from the monsters grasp.

End of combat.

Blekt opens wide to let some of the frog bits land in his mouth, then chews them up with a delighted grin on his face. "Fresh, and delivered straight to me! I like it!"

Come join us on Discord!

Dorngrin picks himself up and dusts himself off. "Let's head back. I've had enough adventure for quite a while."

Blog Entries

The journey back to Moonbrook is uneventful. You trace your steps back, careful to avoid the swamp this time. You can see the villages guardian trees from far away. They are still dead and inactive. When the first rooftop comes into view, Maya quickens her step and starts running into the center of town.
    "We are back! Everyone! We made it back!" she shouts. As the people notice her, they begin cheering and everyone gathers in the center of the village.

Blekt cheers too, caught up in the excitement.

Come join us on Discord!

Dorngrin feels tears well up in his eyes and race down to his beard. "I did it, Pa, just like a true Balgart. She's safe."

He wipes his face and smiles. Somewhere, he knows, his dad is smiling down upon him and that's enough. He gives a cheer and embraces his friends and family.

Blog Entries

Once again in the center of Moonbrook every eye is trained on the priestess of Tarmes. Magda walks slowly, relying on her staff for support, her face relaxed as she reguards her daughter.
    "It has been done!" she addresses the gathered mass of people. "The Sacred Stone, the symbol of our protector has been returned, renewed. Tarmes' grace shall aid us for another year." she turns to your group. "Step forward Stonebearer and offer the stone to the altar."
    Maya steps forward and bows low. She holds the blessed stone in her extended hand and places it on the altar, set up amongst a circle of rocks.
    "May Tarmes guide, may he protect us. May our pact be renewed." she says as she places the stone onto its resting place.
    The relic pulses with a sudden green light and magical energy humms in your ears. Just as sudden as it erupted, the light fades away. The humm is replaced by a much more sweet sound. Birds singing, bees buzzing and a soft breeze blowing through the village.
    With a groaning sound one of the villages guardian trees animates and slowly begins moving, like if just woke from a long slumber. People are cheering and shouting "Praise Tarmes!"
    Maya runs up to her mother, tears welling in both of their eyes. The girl hugs the priestess. "I did it Mother." After a long embrace, they walk up to you with broad smiles on their faces.
    "Thank you," Magda begins, "for helping our village and for keeping my daughter safe."
    Maya runs to you and hugs each and every one of you.

Theodore nods quietly, letting the villagers celebrate. He was an archaeologist at heart, not a person of the everyday village. And while he did wish the best for them, it was time for him to go. "May nature's bounties follow you throughout your life, young woman," he shook her hand before putting on his hat and preparing to leave.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Blekt returns the hug wholeheartedly, if in the most awkward and unconventional way possible. He intends to stick around and see if there's food. Or if he can help make there be food.

Come join us on Discord!

Blog Entries

Freyjalynne gives the young girl a hug and musses her hair. "Y'stay safe, little leafling. If your god is anything like mine, he's not done with you yet."

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162