Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder High level monstrous campaign.

Blog Entries

Default Pathfinder High level monstrous campaign.

Hello,
    I'm running Pathfinder for a while now but I've never ran it at significantly high lvls before. Two of my campaigns are coming up on that lvl so I decided to run a short-ish campaign to get some needed experience in the matter.

Fluff:
    This game takes place on a great pangeanic continent with no name home to vast deserts, lush jungles, frigid tundras and expansive lakes. It was once, not too long ago, ruled over by the Tauranese Empire; a truly vast hegemony encompassing all 'civilized' races and their religions and power structures. The cycle of life and death, creation and entropy is ever present however and the rot of decadence spread throughout the empire. From the blood sports arenas to the vast revelries held at court the citizens of the Empire lost sight of their drive and structure and turned to frivolous hedonism to placate their boredom. From this rotten Empire a black orc fighting slave escaped north, to the untamed wastes; the only place only nominally controlled by the Empire. In this freezing and blasted wasteland the unnamed slave wandered alone braving countless horrors. When he re-emerged into the Empire ten years later it was at the head of an army of 'savage' races; races that had been driven into the wastes and left to wither. The Empire was wholly unprepared for the onslaught they brought upon it. Goroth, the returned gladiator took no pity on his targets and as he overthrew and massacred city after city, razing them to the ground, more and more of the savage races joined his cause. The empire was vast and many a battles were fought, the Empire winning some but losing many more. The war has raged on for twenty years, consuming the entire Empire until now, only the capital and it's surrounding lands remain. The cities of man and elves and other civilized races are no more, empty skeletons housing tribes of goblins, orcs, gnolls, ogres, giants, and even greater threats. It may seem different, but one Empire has just been replaced with another. More savage and violent in nature but just as expansive and oppressive for those not wanting to join it. The legions of Goroth Blackhand see to that.

Expanded setting fluff and available gods:

It is in the ruins of a human temple this story starts with a group of as of yet un-enlisted 'monsters' seeking shelter from a terrible storm shaking the very heaven and earth.

• What system are you using: Pathfinder PBP

• How often will you require people to post: Once every two or three days. Can speed up to once a day when I find the time.
      • What kind of action(s) will be taken if a person does not post within the required time: I'll just autopilot your char. If you stay absent you will be written out of the game and I'll come for your firstborn.

• What house rules does the game have: Um... No really significant ones. But there are a couple of special rules. See below for more info.
    • What restrictions are there on source material? You can use anything from The Core rules, Advanced players guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate combat, Ultimate campaign, Advanced class guide, Advanced races guide, Ultimate Equipment, Pathfinder Unchained and the Bestiaries. Anything else you can ask but be prepared for me to say no.
    • How do players create their characters?

• Create a monstrous race with 30 race points using the Advance race guide. You re-create a race from the bestiaries or create your own. HOWEVER, it has to be vaguely humanoid so no Gelatinous cube monks, or unicorn rogues. Races like medusas, doppelgangers, minotaurs, centaurs, etc. are acceptable. If you choose a monstrous race that already exists but is worth much less race points like gnolls for instance you 'pad' the race until it too is worth 30 race points.
      • 20 point buy.
      • We start at lvl 12. First lvl full hp after that roll or take average. You may re-roll 1's on hp rolls.
      • We will use Automatic bonus progression from Pathfinder Unchained. You get 50.000 gp to outfit your char. No discounts in buying because you can craft stuff.
      • We will use the Background skills from Pathfinder Unchained.

• What other restrictions and/or requirements are there: I don't really require a background, though it will help if you at least have a short one. I don't dislike any alignment BUT your char HAS to be a team player. Char conflict is no problem but no PvP outside of the social arena. Chars will be selected on concept, originality and depth. This is not first come first served. There are 5 slots to be filled.
    • Recruitment lasts at least until end of the 23rd and may last as long as the 30th depending on applications and rate they're finished.
    • Note: Don't count on in-game downtime to craft stuff.
      Like many of my campaigns this is going to be an intense adventure with very little time for creating stuff and lounging about resting and not doing anything.
      To be clear, you can take it if you really want to but don't come crying to me if you don't get to use it.

At char creation you can take 2 traits. You can also take a drawback if you want to but you don't get a trait for it in return.

Char applications:
    ifreedman: OiiHre - Mind Glutton sorcerer <- in progress
    TheScrappy: Axiom LN - Wyrwood runner ranger <- finished
    southeast: Requim LN - Sidabras monk <- finished
    Ghoulrising: Percifal Brannigan NE - Spellbinder ghoul cleric <- finished
    shadowthebard: Nim - doppelganger rogue <- finished
    bmr: Kadu'um LN - Pxath zen archer <- finished
    theprettiestorc: Vidon Kk'dite N - Sacerin druid <- finished
    Zeros: Kri'lykos CN - Fir'Lis slayer <- finished
    Draggo: Sligo CN - Troll ranger <- finished
    Adanedhel: Odoun CG - doppelganger sorcerer <- finished
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Rise of the Marked
    - Lo Nua - Bellamy Sisters' Circus

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

I'm interested in this both because I want to play and because I want you to be a well-equipped DM when my characters in your game get up to that level. Also, I've never played that level, either, so.

Let me work something up. When does recruitment end?
    Last edited by theScrappy; 03-16-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    I'm interested in this both because I want to play and because I want you to be a well-equipped DM when my characters in your game get up to that level. Also, I've never played that level, either, so.

Let me work something up. When does recruitment end?
    Added answer to the OP.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

4. Default

I am interested in this and will take some time to draft something together.

Blog Entries

Interest check, will apply later.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Default Pathfinder High level monstrous campaign.

You know what, I'll try for this if only to try to build a character in this method.

7. Default

How "vaguely humanoid" do we need to be? Because the guide for creating races actually had guidelines for dragons, and well, the allure of that is undeniable.
    Of course, I have other ideas in case dragons are ruled out, but I need to ask: how much leeway do we have with our backstories and with the origins of our races? Can we make up cults, tribes, regions and whatnot? What kind of setting is this? I'm trying to figure out exactly what is ok and what is not: 30 race points are A LOT, and I need to figure out how to best spend them in a way that actually makes sense lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Tomorrow View Post
    How "vaguely humanoid" do we need to be? Because the guide for creating races actually had guidelines for dragons, and well, the allure of that is undeniable.
    Yeah, dragons are no go. Though half breeds like the wyvarans are a possibility. When making a creature think about whether an armor made for a human of comparable size would fit for the most part. Like ogre, yes. Centaur, yes. Formian, yes. Unicorn, no.
    Of course, I have other ideas in case dragons are ruled out, but I need to ask: how much leeway do we have with our backstories and with the origins of our races? Can we make up cults, tribes, regions and whatnot?
    Yes. Very much so.
    What kind of setting is this? I'm trying to figure out exactly what is ok and what is not: 30 race points are A LOT, and I need to figure out how to best spend them in a way that actually makes sense lol.
    It's a high fantasy setting. Otherwise very comparable to any other fantasy setting, except that the 'evil' races have won, or are at the verge of winning. The Empire itself is inspired by ancient Rome. The savage races by the germanic peoples who tore it down.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rollHP - (11d8r1) (2, 2, 5, 3, 6, 4, 6, 8, 6, 5, 8) [55] Whoops, it's a D10, not a D8.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 03-16-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Ranger HP: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(11d10r1) [76]
    Last edited by theScrappy; 03-16-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast