Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder: Monster Hunter Inspired original setting.

Default Pathfinder: Monster Hunter Inspired original setting.

"Not much more is known of the before times than simply there were. Even this we know only by what they left behind. What we scavenge, re-purpose, from what we can understand and from what we cannot. Their ruins breech heaven and rival mountains, their technology even to this day far outstrips all understanding. They were truly remarkable and without any uncertainty truly us.

Our ancestors' ancestors. We see them in the blueprints we find, in the art we uncover, in the armor and weapons we claim. We see them in ourselves, I see them in all of you. I see them in-

There is that I suppose. The one last thing we know. As much as they were more they are us, and fought as we fight... And we lost."

Welcome Seekers

This world is without a name, or rather it's name has been forgotten by her people long ago. Now she it's simply referred to as mother. And mother holds secrets sought dearly by her children. You see it is a world that was once brimming with advancements now reclaimed by wilderness and its inhabitants. Few and far between are the settlements of mother's children that fight desperately to thrive as they once had.

Aye thrive, not just survive. No, they survive just fine but rare is the heart of a child that is content; resigned to just fine. The most courageous of these children call themselves seekers and search out for the heart of mother and the secrets laid hidden within. You are one such seeker and therefore we know this to be true about you.

Roll four d6 drop lowest eight times. Choose six and place where you like.

- 0: choose a npc class to represent what you did before becoming a seeker [banned class adept] get full hp and all benefits of the 1 level of the chosen class.
    - 1: choose any martial class from official paizo material. Full HP and starting gold.
    Here lies the crux of that setting so I'll add a bit more detail. The world of mother has no magic as described in the pathfinder materials thus only martial classes are unrestricted. Primarily martial classes/archetypes with secondary or tertiary spellcasting will be considered with appropriate refluffing; be aware some options may be unavailable regardless.

You are descendants of the races as outlined in any paizo published material as such your identical in every way but spell-like abilities which lie dormant or inert. [Case by case I ask merely you accept the premise presented and plan accordingly. Racial trait substitutions allowed.]

Two with one drawback.

Locked: - spellcraft - knowledge arcana - knowledge planes - craft arms, armor, wondrous item, magic item.

Changed: Use Mechanical Device

Hunter School
    Choose one or make your own.

Shikari: This school of hunter focuses on stealth and subterfuge. Cadets of this school begin with a ghillie suit.
    - ghillie suit: while wearing a hunter may make a stealth check in combat as a full-round-action and gains +10 bonus to its stealth until the end of its next turn.

Jaeger: This school of hunter uses the environment against its foes. Cadets of this school begin with a demo kit.
    - demo kits: You may use a demo kit as part of a full-round-action to attack an unattended object ignoring hardness.

Venatrix: This school of hunter strive to be the vanguard hitting first as hard. Cadets of this school start with a masterwork martial weapon.

If you so choose to embark, a few things you best know

This campaign starts magicless, mother has forgotten her magic and so has her children. This may change as players inform the plot but I've no plans for introducing magic myself. Speaking of plot, this is a plot light game. There are secrets out there that may call to your character personally but no overarching plot is in place which means this will primarily be an episodic hunt of the week style campaign.

To that end there will be a central free rp hub where character's may interact freely. Post minimum there is arbitrary, play as much or as little as you like. There will likely be minimum npc interaction in this hub on my part instead important npcs will have their own threads/shops where you can interact.

The hunts will be designed to potentially level the party with corresponding wealth being included in drops. Full disclosure you'll level each hunt but if you don't manage to do it well you'll be behind on wealth which will make the next hunt more difficult. Once a hunt starts posting minimum is 3 times a week. If there isn't a response after three days you'll be pushed back in the turn order, skipped or npc'd. If it's been a week you will be dropped from the hunt.

Willing to take 8-10 with two parties worth, 4-5 with one party. With the hub I would assume there may be room to roam between parties, I'll leave that to players to decide.

Anything I missed?

It's the 10th so you got until the 24th.

Please submit mythweaver sheets

Have a great day?

BMR as Kaylee

Tiger as Matsumoto

Southeast as Marius

TheScrappy as Higgy
    Last edited by No Body; Yesterday at 01:30 AM.
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Orilo: The Mind : Hope of the Lowlands

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPlease - (4d6b3) (1, 6, 6, 3) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollgive - (4d6b3) (1, 4, 4, 3) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollthe - (4d6b3) (5, 6, 5, 5) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollbest - (4d6b3) (4, 1, 5, 4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollresults - (4d6b3) (4, 1, 5, 1) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollpossible - (4d6b3) (3, 6, 1, 2) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLady - (4d6b3) (2, 6, 4, 3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLuck! - (4d6b3) (2, 2, 2, 3) [7]

Hmm, let's see what we can come up with...
    Last edited by AdAltiora; 03-11-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Right, let's see what we get.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 01 - (4d6b3) (3, 5, 2, 1) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 02 - (4d6b3) (5, 6, 1, 4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 03 - (4d6b3) (1, 3, 2, 2) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 04 - (4d6b3) (5, 5, 2, 2) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 05 - (4d6b3) (1, 3, 2, 3) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 06 - (4d6b3) (3, 1, 6, 3) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 07 - (4d6b3) (1, 4, 3, 3) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRoll 08 - (4d6b3) (2, 5, 1, 5) [12]

Hmm, not great, but I can make it work.
    Last edited by BMR; 03-11-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (1, 1, 6, 2) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (5, 1, 5, 3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (1, 3, 5, 2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (3, 3, 3, 3) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (2, 5, 6, 4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (5, 3, 1, 5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (6, 6, 3, 1) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d6b3) (3, 1, 2, 4) [9]

1.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [12]
    2.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [13]
    3.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [15]
    4.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [12]
    5.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [13]
    6.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [9]
    7.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [10]
    8.Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6b3 ) [14]

Thank you for offering to host.
    What sort of firearms are you allowing?
    And is this thread the suitable place to discuss 'refluffing' classes?

Just like in the interest thread, I plan on playing a Bolt Ace Gunslinger, most likely human with the Expert NPC class at 0 level, and in the Shikari hunter school. Thinking a scout who manages to find an old relic while on a trek and refurbishes it into a powerful weapon.

I would like your opinion on the following weapon, however:
    Would you allow that to be my starting Masterwork weapon, thanks to the benefit Bolt Ace's Crossbow Maven?

Ah powerful build, how 3.5 of you... Mn I've no real issue mechanics wise. There's a lot tucked in there that's not just swinging a large sword but not enough to really make me flat out say no either.

That said I am a sucker for characters concepts being met so pitch, I'm receptive. If it's the oversize weapon only we can talk & work something else out.

@ stillclimbing here is good. I'd actually prefer it as I'd like everyone to get an idea if they're interested in doing some themselves.

Emerging guns rules. Anything is potentially available eventually but you're starting off with early firearms

@ Donjentleman.

Scratch that I should finish reading sentences. It's all good. You're already golden...

That's a yes
    Last edited by No Body; 03-11-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Orilo: The Mind : Hope of the Lowlands

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default I'm talking about Bolt Ace's Crossbow Maven ability. They can start off with a free Masterwork Weapon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast