Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Galaga: Sunday, August 13, 1852

Blog Entries

The samsaran applies her ear to the door and invites the rest to do the same. She places her index finger on her lips like a nurse.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+0) (5) [5]

Gwipigwapa, Taina, and Feilim squeeze in beside you and press their ears to the door. You hear muffled voices, but can't make out any specific words. Beside you, Gwipigwapa whispers, "Ha! I heard 'water' and 'creature'!"

"Shut up!" Feilim hisses. "Somebody's coming!"

Suddenly the door opens while you all are still leaning against it. Taina and Gwipigwapa straighten up and turn to face the door. Feilim lurches forward a little, but grabs the sturdy Taina's arm in time to keep himself from falling onto the white haired old halfling woman on the other side of the door. Beyond the halfling, you can see a mess of a kitchen. Soup is splattered everywhere, naan is strewn across the floor and stuck to the ceiling, and the two exhausted looking cooks are covered in a mix of food and water.

"My, my," the old halfling says, wiping her thick glasses off on her robe. "Did you four come over hear just to help clean up the kitchen?"

Blog Entries

Galaga straightens up as seamlessly and naturally as she can "I was hoping to discredit the preposterous rumours about a water elemental running amok in the kitchen. Alas, my hope falters."
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 05-21-2018 at 03:49 AM.

"A bunch of water did come out of the sink and wreck the kitchen..." Mr. Myrtle says.

"See, it wasn't dumb!" Gwipigwapa says.

"We don't know for sure it was an elemental, dears," the halfling woman tells you. "It could be a prank. So please don't go spreading any rumors to your classmates. All we know right now is that the kitchen sinks won't be in use for a while, pending investigation. We can bring in water from other areas of the school, though. Ms. Pines and Mr. Myrtle have assured me that there will be cooked food tomorrow... as long as it doesn't all get soaked and thrown around again."

Blog Entries

"Pending investigation." She echoes. "Is there anyone typically in charge of this kind of... developments, Ms Pine? We would be honoured to pool our magical acumen to contribute towards a solution." She adds, oblivious of the silly pun buried in her polysyllabic barrage.

"Would we, though?" Gwipigwapa asks, not sounding convinced.

"It's sweet of you to offer," Ms. Pines says. "But a couple of the guards are going to help Mrs. Dara here with the investigation for now. But if you see anything or hear about any information as to how the water creature might have gotten in, please let a teacher know."

Blog Entries

She bows and considers herself dismissed. "That was decidedly underwhelming. I had better get back to lunch. And then... to the toilets! All of them."

The cooks and Professor Dara bid you farewell, Dara heading off down the hall to some other place.

"The food wasn't that bad," Feilim says to you. "Just kidding. You're going to look for that water thing in the toilets, aren't you? If you are, I'm going with you. I can check the men's rooms and Taina can help you with the women's."

"No I can't," Taina grumbles. "I have detention with Mukhopadhyaya, remember?"

"Oh, right. And Agrimony is out looking for monkeys and Giuliano is... busy." Feilim strokes his chin thoughtfully. "Galaga, some of your friends are decent people. Do you want to ask them for help or shall we investigate this as a dynamic duo?"

Blog Entries

"Let us see if we can find them..." Galaga seems to be thinking about something else entirely. "We will see who would like to tag along and split into two groups: male and female. There is something about Laghara and heterosexual mingling that makes some sections of the building off-limits, sometimes. Dynamic duo, indeed, my hot-headed friend!" She turns and with a more deliberately respectful body language and tone of voice, she asks the grippli. Gwipigwapa, correct? Would you kindly join us?"

"I suppose so," Gwipigwapa says. "I don't like the idea of confronting a wild water monster, but I guess it would be better to seek it out on our terms than have it find us when we're distracted. Lead the way to your friends, or the toilets, or something."

Taina leaves you and heads off for Professor Mukhopadhyaya's classroom while you, Feilim, and Gwipigwapa head in the opposite direction in search of your friends and restrooms. You find Dorsard, Irfan, Lialda, and Owl all walking towards you just outside the student laboratories.

(Thread)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456