Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Galaga: Sunday, August 13, 1852

  1. #1

    Default Galaga: Sunday, August 13, 1852

    Galaga wakes up from her apian dreams, fidgets a bit with her wardrobe and sashays downstairs, in search of protein, anatomy books, and her wrestling instructor. "There surely must be a way of deadening the buzzing..." she mutters. As much as she likes it, the white-noise triggered dreams of clockwork hives might be distracting.

    Spellcraft - (1d20+10) (6) [16]


    You head down to the school building's Main Hall and find a table laden with breakfast foods. You find both your protein and your wrestling instructor in one spot; Taina is sitting at the end of a table with Feilim, and her plate is piled high with hard boiled eggs, ham steak, and rice with spicy chickpeas, all covered in maple syrup. While the half-orc digs into her hearty breakfast, Feilim is nibbling un-enthusiastically at a slice of toast covered in butter and cinnamon sugar.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Good morning!" She pipes. The samsaran is in one of her good moods. After studying Taina's plate, she forgoes her staple - silky smooth ayigbe kooko or oats, thick with milk - for a copy in 2:1 scale of Taina's power food. She does add some nutmeg and goes easy with the malple syurp, though. She sits facing her, bows, and proceeds to mow it down. She struggles, her eyes tear up a bit, but presses on like a trooper.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 03-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.


  3. #3

    Default

    Taina, her cheeks bulging with food, nods at Galaga.

    "Morning," Feilim says. "Taina, this is Galaga. The lass who wanted wrestling lessons."

    Taina swallows loudly and takes a swig of orange juice before answering. A bit of syrup is smeared on her chin.

    "I'll give you one lesson for free, on account of you helped Feilim out yesterday. We'll go to the gymnasium after breakfast. You'll want to wear pants, and tie your hair back. Your opponents can use your hair to drag you around. Or they can just rip it out. That's why I cut mine short."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Galaga washes down her first forkfuls of breakfast with half a glass of what she thinks is orange juice. She bravely swallows the grapefruit juice, smacks her lips and makes a knotted low ponytail with her heavy, sable hair.

    She nods and keeps eating, afraid and excited.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Feilim. Your trousers, please. Spare ones would do." She is half considering giving the bitter juice another swig...


  6. #6

    Default

    "My trousers? I don't think they'd fit you..." Feilim demurs.

    "Don't be silly," Taina says. "You're practically the same size."

    Feilim scowls at Taina and says, "We are not. I'm much more muscular. I have thighs of iron!"

    "You can borrow some of mine," Taina says. She drops her fork onto her empty plate. "I'm ready when you are."

    After you've finished eating, Taina takes you back to the dorms to grab a spare pair of trousers. Then she leads you to a large gymnasium at the center of the main school building. The gymnasium holds a thirty foot by thirty foot wrestling ring, a variety of exercise machines, and some training dummies. In the back of the room is a wooden door with a clipboard hanging next to it.

    The only other person in the room is Perdita Chaturverdi. Her hair is pulled back in a bun and she's pedalling a stationary bicycle.

    Taina stands up in the wrestling ring.

    "First things first," she says. "How much wrestling experience do you have?"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "None, I fear. I've read a treatise once, with illustrations, but that does not count, of course..."

    Her gaze lingers on Taina's fierce sternocleidomastoid. For a second she feels wimpy, frail and awkward but she shakes off her self-pity with a quick shake of her head.

    "I will pay attention today! I am ready! I can learn!"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception, in case Taina suddenly attacked - (1d20) (20) [20]


  8. #8

    Default

    "Hmph. I guess I'll have to go a little easier on you, then," Taina grumbles. "Come here and we'll get started."

    She backs up to the center of the ring. Perdita hops off her bicycle and heads over to the ring, stopping just outside it.

    "You're going to wrestle her?" she asks. "I want to see this."

    Gym Map 1.png

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,699
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Watch if you wish to, but this is just my first lesson." Having said that to Perdita, she jumps onto the mat and adopts the stance the treatise recommends to beginners. Her heart rate picks up.


  10. #10

    Default

    "Well, that makes it even more entertaining then," Perdita says.

    As soon as you're in position, Taina puts on a menacing glower.

    "First lesson," she snarls. "Always put on a scary face. It demoralizes your opponent."

    She crouches into a wrestling stance and gets ready to attack.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTaina Initiative - (d20+6) [21]

    Gym Map 2.png

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •