Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Owl and Vulwin: Sunday, August 13, 1852

Default Owl and Vulwin: Sunday, August 13, 1852

After breakfast Owl heads for the library. There are books she has not read yet.
    The library is quiet this morning. Mrs. Huynh is shelving a cart full of books. Eustacia Bing is sitting in a cozy chair near the front desk, scribbling in a dark blue journal. Giuliano Stefano Inferno Esposito is sitting at a table on the opposite side of the room, studying a thick tome with uncharacteristic diligence. A tall stack of books is sitting on his table in front of him. Every once in a while the gnome looks up and glances anxiously at Eustacia, who doesn't seem to notice or care that he's even in the library.

Vulwin heads to the cafeteria to enjoy a hearty breakfast. After finishing, he immediately heads to the library. Upon arrival, he looks around for Mrs. Huynh, trusting that she'll know where to find books on the topics he's interested in.
    Vulwin arrives in the library just after Owl. Mrs. Huynh is currently shelving some books in the Summoning section, on a shelf with a bust of an elderly tiefling man at the end.

Owl looks for a book on basic evocations and takes a seat, planning on reading until lunch.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Owl easily finds a few copies of Early Evocation by William Hackledash. It's a good primer for relative beginners.

A few minutes after you begin reading, both Giuliano and Eustacia stand up at the same time. Giuliano immediately parks his butt back in his chair again. Eustacia, still seemingly not paying any attention to the gnome, strolls out of the library with her book. Giuliano watches the door furtively for a few minutes before he scampers out, leaving his tower of books on the table.

Just as Giuliano leaves, a ratfolk boy wearing a three piece suit and the purple armband of a Graduate student wanders into the library. You've seen a few grad students in the halls of the school before, but they all seemed very busy and never stopped to interact with the younger students. This one, however, smiles at you and walks over to your seat.

"Evocation, huh?" he asks. "That's my favorite school. I have some old Evocation scrolls, you know, that I've never felt the need to use. I can sell them to you cheap if you want to take them off my paws."
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 03-22-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Messed up my underline

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSense Motive - (1d20+2) [15]

Owl is a bit suspicious of the offer, and looks for any sign that the ratboy might be pranking her. Her response, however, does not depend on that analysis.

"I appreciate the offer, but unless cheap means free, I'll have to pass."

------------

The boy seems a little nervous about something. You don't think he's lying about the scrolls, though. His face falls when you reject his offer, but he quickly forces a smile back on.

"Sure, sure, I understand. Do you think any of your friends might want to buy some? They're great scrolls. I have a couple nice amulets, too."

"I don't think any of us have much coin right now," Owl responds. "Tell me, do you owe somebody money? Or are the scrolls not really yours to sell?"

------------

The ratfolk puts a paw to his chest and widens his eyes, the very picture of innocence.

"Me, owe somebody money? What a preposterous idea! I'm simply trying to raise funds for an experiment I'm working on. For my thesis, you know. And of course the scrolls are mine. I'm not a thief."

"My apologies." Owl sounds sincere (because she is). "You seem nervous about something, and I thought that if you were in some kind of trouble I might be able to help in some way that didn't involve coin."

------------

The ratboy looks surprised. He leans forward and lowers his voice.

"Do you mean it?" he asks. "You would help me out? Because there might be a way, but... I don't know, I don't want to drag you into any trouble either."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast