Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Releases You're Excited About

Default New Releases You're Excited About

This poor "other" section really needs a few more "others", doesn't it? So let's get the ball rolling with something we can all agree are awesome, even if we violently disagree about their quality and content: new and upcoming releases. Movies? Video Games? Music? It's all fair game. Let's do this.

I'll tell you mine right now: a new Brigandine game for Switch comes out next week.

Let me be clear. I never, ever imagined I'd see another Brigandine game. It was a wildly unpopular release on the original Playstation over twenty years ago that became a cult classic after it became impossible to find again. I loved every second of it. It was like an SRPG mixed with Romance of the Three Kingdoms-ish. It was weird and long and awesome.

And then, a couple weeks ago, I was looking down the June Switch releases and bam! There it was! Not a port, not a re-release, but an honest-to-gods new game in that series! Oh man, I'm stoked, I'll tell you what!

Blog Entries

Well, it wasn't a new release, but it was a new Release onto Switch: I was SUPER stoked when I discovered that they had added Crystalis to the list of NES games available on the NES Classics library. They did it in December, but I didn't discover it until a few weeks ago.

Its one of my favorite all time NES games and, while I have my NES and my Cartridge of Crystalis and can play it anytime...... the convenience of picking up my Switch and flipping to it (with the ability to save whereever I want via Save States), is rather awesome!
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

Oh, my good friend, you just made my damned day. I loved Crystalis back in the day too and had no idea it was available on Switch now! Awesome! I'll have to dive in at some point soon.

I've been playing Mario+Rabbids recently because it was 75% off and I figured, for fifteen bucks, what the heck. It is...incredible. Like, somehow they made a Mario game that feels like Mario and X-COM all at the same time. I don't get how it works - it really shouldn't work - but it sure does anyway.

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

It's not exactly new now I guess but I kind of want to try the Maneater game on PC.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Is that more shooter or survival, Sober?

It's a 'sharkpg' (their words not mine). Basically from what I've seen you start out as a baby shark and as you earn XP you get bigger and can add new abilities based on environmental stuff like pollution to add poison, junk to create armor. I've just watched a couple ads and a few minutes of play-testing.
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    "To most men, asking hideous old women for sex advice is like asking the tarrasque for a breath mint."

Sounds cool!

I just finished a super-odd hybrid myself called Regalia. It's an SRPG with its core battle mechanics, but it's also a social RPG and kingdom builder too. Interestingly, I actually found it more challenging and satisfying than Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It's a good little title I snagged on the Switch store for only about four bucks when it was on sale. It's funny too! Games are rarely genuinely, laugh-out-loud funny, but this one was at times. I definitely recommend it (but beware of the longer-than-average load times...not a deal breaker, but a little annoying at times).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
    Oh, my good friend, you just made my damned day. I loved Crystalis back in the day too and had no idea it was available on Switch now! Awesome! I'll have to dive in at some point soon.
    Hey, glad to see another Crystalis fan! Some people just look at me weird when I name it, cause they've never heard of it. Happy to spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by SoberIrishman View Post
    It's a 'sharkpg' (their words not mine). Basically from what I've seen you start out as a baby shark and as you earn XP you get bigger and can add new abilities based on environmental stuff like pollution to add poison, junk to create armor. I've just watched a couple ads and a few minutes of play-testing.
    That sounds a little like a new age E.V.O., but more Shark focused. Sounds interesting!
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors

I haven't played Crystalis but with your recommendations I'd pick it up, if I had a Switch....

And here's just one place you can check out trailers and info. Honestly I watched the OutsideXbox play-thru on YouTube and got interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast