Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1463

Thread: Chapter Three: Another One Bites the Dust

  1. #11

    Default

    Ulvenn seems invigorated by the sea air, even if not the same as being out sailing he loves the taste and the feel. "I would go with you, but I'd hate to be recognized by the warden. Its been long enough I don't even know what he might be after me for. I know a couple good inns in town, the sort that don't ask questions, but don't tolerate nonsense," he mentions the name of one of these to Bel, McKree's Keep, sure she remembers it from their time here before, "You can meet us there when you're done, we'll probably be through a second or third helping if Bello's little curse keeps its course."


    Last edited by magrat4; 03-09-2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added "McKree's Keep"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Combat Round 1: Crabtastic (heroes first)

    The cold water is bracing and refreshing as Svidhogg dives weaves in the waves, his serpentine body undulating and finned wings sweeping in powerful strokes. He does not have long to luxuriate, however.

    Riddleport is a city full of predators waiting for the opportune time to strike fast and hard, and not all of them live on land.

    Svidhogg gets the sense he is being watched. Out of the corner of his eye the brine dragon spies something very large and covered in an extremely thick shell of spiny armor rising up to meet him---or rather, eat him.

    Hakon notices the enormous crab break the surface too, having turned his back to the others to watch the his brine dragon friend in the bay. Sharp spikes curling up like devilish horns rise up all over its barnacle covered chitin.



    Svidhogg's stomach growls and he tenses to respond to the threat...


    OOC:

    Crab Stealth (19) did not beat Svidhogg's Perception (19).

    GRT Initiative roll-off, Svidhogg won 22 to 13 vs giant crab.

    Round One, heroes' turn NOW: Svidhogg and Hakon and...? (See below)

    If Hakon or Svidhogg shouts above the waves to make the others aware of what's happening, they will all be aware. After they notice what's happening they can reach the beach with at least a 30 foot Move action and use any Swift or Standard they have left, if they wish.

    OTHERWISE Perception check DC 23 for any party member to observe what's happening (Crab had 19 Stealth +4 penalty for distance and the silent crab blending with dark waves), and to thus be able to join the action.

    This combat is taking place above the surface of the water, so underwater rules and restrictions don't apply (yet).


    COMBAT MAT ROUND 1 (Top)

    Last edited by magrat4; 03-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Ulvenn seems invigorated by the sea air, even if not the same as being out sailing he loves the taste and the feel. "I would go with you, but I'd hate to be recognized by the warden. Its been long enough I don't even know what he might be after me for. I know a couple good inns in town, the sort that don't ask questions, but don't tolerate nonsense," he mentions the name of one of these to Bel, McKree's Keep, sure she remembers it from their time here before, "You can meet us there when you're done, we'll probably be through a second or third helping if Bello's little curse keeps its course."


    "Yes, I remember it. Definitely the right inn for absolute discretion..." Bel says, a little uncertainly.

    She explains to the others that McKree's Keep in the Wharf District near the garrison is run by Margaux McKree, a dwarf ex-buccaneer who found she cared more for tall tales of sailing than actually dealing with the treacherous life on the high seas. Aside from her penchant for swapping outrageous stories of encounters with sea monsters (for which she will neither pay or take payment) she is aloof to the point of rudeness. McKree's Keep charges a modest 5 silver per visitor for room and board and does not require a signature for any service. But there are no refunds if breaking her rules about excessive talking or too many questions causes a customer to be evicted.

    "You will know the place by its dark blue roof and the capitalized signs hung outside the Keep's front door. They say, in order, 'NO BUSYBODIES,' 'NO CHATTER IN THE COMMON ROOM,' 'TWO QUESTION LIMIT STRICTLY ENFORCED!' and 'SEA SERPENTS WELCOME.' You will find Margaux very literal and forceful in their application! In fact she has tossed so many out on their ear that her inn is nicknamed 'McKree's Keep Out,'" Bel elaborates.

    The elven aasimar mage looks directly at Lucianna, easily the most talkative of their new companions so far. "Do you suppose...I mean, is the 'no small talk' rule or 'two question limit' when we are not in our private rooms going to... bother you?"

    Thus far none of them notice the skirmish beginning in the waves where the brine dragon was enjoying a carefree swim.


    OOC:

    Bel is discreetly asking if Lucianna will put up with being so restricted in what she can say or ask and where.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    Flint has little business in Riddleport himself, but isn't willing to part from the group just yet.


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,194

    Default Chapter Three: Another One Bites the Dust

    “Finally some action!” Svidhogg exclaims to himself. His stomach demanded to be filled and he was not going to deny its request.

    Svidhogg powers through the waves and lunges toward the crab, teethy maw agape. Being mindful of the large claw he aims to tear it from the armored body while scratching at its eyes with his hind legs.

    Unless he sees Svidhogg get in the vice clutches of the crab, Hakon allows his Dragon companion to have his meal since he was denied one of the bounty hunters.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 03-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

  6. #16

    Default


  7. #17

    Default

    Korman thinks on what's being said as he walks with Bel. "I will will go with Bel and help her through this... city. I have no clue as to how we would hide Astirax though."

    OOC

    I'll roll some perception! Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception, Noice - (d20+16) [27]

  8. #18

    Default

    Korman breathes in and wonders at where Hakon is, and his keen half-elf eyes pick out the beginning attacks. Drawing his bow, Korman looses 3 arrows as fast as he can, hoping they'll penetrate the gigantic beast's hull. "A giant crab is on the shore!" he cries.

    OOC

    Heh, I hope I don't roll some ones! If the Crab counts as an animal or an abberation, Korman gets a +2 to attack and damage rolls.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollK Manyshot - (d20+15-2) [28] Authentic Forum Dice-rollK Mshot Dmg1 - (d8+3) [7] Authentic Forum Dice-rollK Mshot Dmg2 - (d8+3) [4] / Authentic Forum Dice-rollK Rapidshot 2 - (d20+15-2) [28] Authentic Forum Dice-rollK Rshot Dmg - (d8+3) [4]
    Last edited by Gelatinous Mess; 03-10-2018 at 03:07 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    745

    Default

    At the behest of Korman's shout, Mammon wheels to face the water and sees the Giant Crab. Not wishing to wade into the creature's domain he draws his bow and fires a duo of arrows from his new bow.

    OOC:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (1d20+11) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 2 - (1d20+6) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 1 - (1d8+6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 2 - (1d8+6) [9]



  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magrat4 View Post
    The elven aasimar mage looks directly at Lucianna, easily the most talkative of their new companions so far. "Do you suppose...I mean, is the 'no small talk' rule or 'two question limit' when we are not in our private rooms going to... bother you?"
    "Well, in fact..." She managed to say before Korman spotted the giant crab. "Why... Why are they attacking that creature?"


Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •