Page 146 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1524

Thread: Chapter Three: Another One Bites the Dust

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    Flint enters the room with Ulvenn and Pamodae with a glib smirk, but as he beholds the room, his smile drops "What in the hells?" he ask, the room largely ransacked and a message exactly like the one he left for Croat bar one word.

    Confused, trying to figure out how the devil could be here, how someone could have left his own calling card. Funny... it wasn't so fun to be stolen from. Regaining some of his composure "So who is this devil person supposed to be? Doesn't seem smart to threaten a powerful lord of riddle port like this?"

    High Priestess Pamodae gives Flint a hard stare, trying to analyze his reaction, but soon she composes herself into nonchalance.

    From her reaction Flint can deduce that he covered his reaction in time, and the secret of his alter-ego is still safe. From Pamodae, at any rate.

    But no, surely whoever left this copycat message was merely taking advantage and casting suspicion on the Devil? They wouldn't be trying to implicate the man behind the persona. The only people who knew the truth were trusted allies...except that a number of them were no longer around.

    "This anony-mous Devil, who hides with a mask and all this sneaking around like a bogey-man, does not frighten me," she declares, pulling Flint from his reflections.

    After a pause the crimelord concedes, "But you would be wise not to understi-mate. He---or she---did infil-trate Fort Gnash and my temple without ever being seen."

    Curious that she refers to a mask and then claims nobody laid eyes on the Devil in either her sanctuary or Croat's stronghold.

    "And he or she put the fear of the gods into our vicious drug empire builder Croat, so much that he surren-dered to arrest, eh? And now this Devil claims credit for the death of Eli-as Tammer-hawk. He was perhaps the most power-ful wizard on our shores, and the man many thought would be our next Overlord."

    She nods at Ulvenn. "Your accomplice can share with you details, but he may under-take for me a Devil hunt before sunset. Perhaps you will un-mask this Devil together...or someone imita-ting the Devil, as your friend believes?"


    OOC:

    Nice Bluff (38), I can't beat it with her current bonuses.

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    "Even a wolf could mimic 'the Devil' better than whatever careless vandal is about...And no, it isn't smart. She, the vandal, gave us at least two routes to her. We were just discussing whether we'd rather rush to track her or if we should wait to find her full identity first."

    Pamodae further explains what Ulvenn means, offering, "I will call on a diviner from Cypher Lodge to find where the vandal teleported away to, assu-ming that was how she made her escape. That will take perhaps fifteen minutes. The diviner can also scry her face and surroundings using these blood samples your accom-plice was so thoughtful as to collect, but that will take one hour at least. Perhaps more, if she is expec-ting it and tries to stop me."

    The tiefling, still disheveled from her dark hair and crown of horns to her sooty gown from investigating the fire, cocks her head almost coquettishly. Her dark kohl lined eyes are full of challenge. "I will have her, and I want her alive. How long do you want to wait before you begin? Care to race my divi-ner, for double or nothing?"


    OOC:

    Chaotic crimelord is ready to "make it interesting" on the off-chance it gets her the quarry faster, but only if you want to go that route...
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-17-2019 at 04:18 AM.

  3. #1453

    Default

    Flint cocks an eyebrow, he could almost smell the gold... and it was a chance to show who the master thief really was, it certainly wasn't some two-bit copy cat. still pamodae's knowledge that the devil truly did hide behind a mask disturbed him, Flint hadn't thought he would be using the devil disguise again, but he liked the idea of keeping the persona at his disposal. The pathfinder pouch seemed so heavy, it always held a certian amount of gravitas, holding the seeds of chaos, and whatever contraband the rogue kept with him, but now more so..... Flint needed to find the copy cat, not only because of their interest in Ulvenn's contract, but also to see what they knew of riddle port's devil

    Turning Ulvenn "what do you say? want to go hunting hound?" Flint asks with a sly smile

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default Seven Veils: Flint and Ulvenn

    This post moved AND EXPANDED, see below.
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-20-2019 at 12:44 PM.

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default Flint & Ulvenn at Seven Veils

    Pamodae's tiefling underling Lavender Lil escorts Flint and Ulvenn out of the trashed office to a fancy parlor with comfy sofas and padded chairs, several round mirrors on the wall, a short bookcase stocked with poetry and erotic novels and art, and a grand piano and tall harp in one corner.

    There the two men are instructed to wait for news from the cyphermage diviner about the vandal's teleport spell.

    Lil leaves them in the room alone. However, given that Pamodae's business is collecting and selling secrets, there is a likelihood they could be spied on in some manner, magical or mundane.

    [@Zeros/GT: Feel free to fill in what Flint and Ulvenn would be doing, if anything, while waiting fifteen minutes for the teleport tracing spell to conclude?]


    AFTER 15 MINUTES...




    OOC:

    Time to come up with some riddles for the next time you use the elfgate...

    NEW: Each PC can roll me a Knowledge Local (Umbral Market)
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-22-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: missing text, extra 0

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blakely
    "I wish I had more uplifting knowledge to impart, my dear."
    Lucianna sits on the floor holding his head as if it was a large, multi-storied cake that were about to topple. "No... I will... I will... You can't..." Her massive headache barely lets her think, but doesn't stop her from crying, and so she does. She is tired and angry as her horns rise, black and heavy, just as her outlook and the responsibilities she burdened herself with. She is still sobbing when she leaves the cyphergate, going where Samaritha unexpectedly decided to relocate.

    Walking the streets of Riddleport, self-absorbed, horns retracted and well-hidden among tufts of hair, she does appear like a young little child, but this time not by design.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-20-2019 at 06:33 PM.


  7. #1457

    Default

    ((Sorry, I know that my excuse is a good one, but I should at least be better at letting you all in on when I may be less active))

    [knowledge: Local]1d20+19[/rollv]

    Ulvenn considers what he knows about where the thief may have jumped to but curses his luck in the same thought, a teleportation spell with a destination, easy tracking... A planar jump... Not so much, "Do you have the approximate location or just within 30 miles? If not, unless the monkey here can think of a likely place, we may have to wait for the divination of their identity."
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.


  8. #1458

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge: local - (1d20+19) (11) [30]


  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default Streets of Riddleport: Lucianna

    "No... I will... I will... You can't..."Her massive headache barely lets her think, but doesn't stop her from crying, and so she does. She is tired and angry as her horns rise, black and heavy, just as her outlook and the responsibilities she burdened herself with.


    The wizard conceals his surprise at her horns quickly. "Now, now, you must not lose hope," Blakely says sternly. He pushes a starched white handkerchief into her small hands. "Keep this. You're not a afraid of a challenge, are you? You may yet separate this half-djinn from her prison if you can convince the right parties in Qadira to cooperate."

    He thinks fast and snaps his fingers. "There are rumors of a permanent djinn encampment in Qadira, you could start there? Perhaps Sun-sister Yasmin over at St. Caspieran's could tell you more, I believe that's where she's from?"

    Lucianna recalls she and the others have been invited to visit the tiefling Sarenrite priestess to retrieve a gift of gratitude, in the form of sunstone amulets, later that day.

    In parting outside the backdoor of Cypher Lodge, Speaker Blakely gives the sorceress the Staff of Vitriol fully re-charged and offers additional gruff encouragement. "Hybrids like your half-djinn there are sturdier and more resilient than your average full-blooded creature, any gardener or animal husbandry expert can tell you that. Don't count Miss Agneyasta out, all right? Chin up."

    His "stiff upper lip" admonishments are less than successful.

    She is still sobbing when she leaves the Cypher Lodge, going to where Samaritha unexpectedly decided to relocate.


    When she is almost to the signpost of Mysteria Inn, through her wash of tears she collides face-first with something black and feather-soft. "Hey!" squawks Mr. Pitch.

    In the absence of the perch the raven finds purchase on her shoulder, pinching her skin and shoving his neck alongside hers. Whether this press is to comfort her or to steady himself is uncertain. But he does break his usual silence in public places to ask,"Why. Do. You. Cry? Is. Some-one. Else. Dead?"



    Last edited by magrat4; 09-22-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: font issues

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,619

    Default Seven Veils: Ulvenn & Flint

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    ((Sorry, I know that my excuse is a good one, but I should at least be better at letting you all in on when I may be less active))

    [knowledge: Local]1d20+19[/rollv]

    Ulvenn considers what he knows about where the thief may have jumped to but curses his luck in the same thought, a teleportation spell with a destination, easy tracking... A planar jump... Not so much, "Do you have the approximate location or just within 30 miles? If not, unless the monkey here can think of a likely place, we may have to wait for the divination of their identity."

    "She landed thirty miles, give or take ten, away from the open-air gambling den she envisioned as her destination." Pamodae's eyes narrow. "She better not have trespassed in my private domain to win a bet."

    She sighs. "Or perhaps she scorns my busi-ness of carnal pleasures and has gone to harass the sinners at the gambling tables now? Strange to hide behind Riddle-port's mysteri-ous Devil if she is trying to be tedi-ous and righteous. But I repeat myself."

    Ulvenn considers what he knows about the Umbral Market.



    Pamodae interrupts his thoughts with a question. "If I pay one of the cyphermages to shift you to the Plane of Shadow, do you think you can inter-cept this infiltra-tor before she reaches the gambling den? Do you take my double [1000 gp] or nothing wager?"


    OOC:


    In my head this has become one of those math word problems. "If A is 30 miles away traveling to C, and B is traveling away from C, when will they pass each other?"


    Um yes the miles were screwed up before (one extra digit) but I've fixed them in all posts now.
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-22-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •