Page 142 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1463

Thread: Chapter Three: Another One Bites the Dust

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritha
    "What's wrong?"
    "I just... don't feel what we're doing is the right thing to do. I'd much rather be on my way now..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Argentus Blakely
    Or do you need to be on your way? I could fill those lost staff charges for you in short order whenever you are ready."
    "Oh, yes, please. I-- here have zis. I.. I will pick it up later. No rush. I mean, I must be somewhere else soon. Thanks for the hospitality, but I need to check up on my... companions? Companions. Oh, also, I have this... prison. A person is being held inside. How can I undo what binds her to this... container?"

    She refers to Agneyasta's condition, of course.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 08-22-2019 at 06:11 PM.


  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Ulvenn Solo Seven Veils Vandal Encounter

    Ulvenn ducks under the golem's arms and somersaults toward the door, rolling gracefully to his feet.

    He squints at the room, paying particular attention to the area near the door, ready to toss the sticky bag of sap. His taunt about working with Pamodae to catch the thief goes un-answered, probably because she does not want to give away her position.

    But the sneak slips to the far west wall without alerting him. With a soft click the bookcase swings back against the wall, closing the secret passage once more.

    The shapely marble elf golem---probably representing Calistria herself---lumbers toward him and looms again with arms out wide.


    OOC:

    Next round, player up. EDIT: But I should ask, did Ulvenn throw the splash weapon tanglefoot bag toward the swinging bookcase secret passage before it closed, or not? I may need to edit this post a little.

    Last round:
    Ulvenn Move/Acrobatics 31, success to avoid AOO from golem and stop Movement in E7

    Ulvenn Perception 30 not quite enough


    Vandal Move, Swift activate secret door (bookcase swings shut), Ready action


    Golem Double Move to E5/F5 and E6/F6


    Last edited by magrat4; 08-30-2019 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Player's choice may affect this post

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Flint Solo the marketplace in Riddleport

    Pang does not deign to reply to Flint's insistence on gathering elven blood without hurting anyone.

    "What amulet?" the dagger asks, confused. "I think we were talking about vials, not amulets. I do not recommend wearing vial of blood around your neck, what if people ask questions?"

    Flint easily finds the local marketplace by following the sounds of vendors hawking their wares. He asks around about an alchemist and someone says "Try Creepy Ernie, that way" and points him to a booth.

    The Taldan approaches a hunch backed old gnome with an unusual spongy growth exposed on his shoulder that has a yellow eye in the middle. The gnome waves with a lopsided leer that is probably an attempt at a welcoming smile, and the eye winks at him.

    Creepy Ernie whispers into his own shoulder "He look trustworthy to you? I dunno know, his teeth look kinda sharp."

    The tumor growth bobs up and down. The gnome grunts and murmurs, "Fine, I trust your eye."

    Much louder to Flint he asks "How may we serve you?"



    OOC:

    Kind of interested how you're going to explain this request.
    Last edited by magrat4; 08-23-2019 at 09:49 PM.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Lucianna Solo at Cypher Lodge continues

    UPSTAIRS AT CYPHER LODGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post


    "I just... don't feel what we're doing is the right thing to do. I'd much rather be on my way now..."


    Samaritha blinks at her. "You think protecting this lodge of kindly old bookworms from that basilisk and whatever dangerous items or traps our evil ex-Speaker left behind...is wrong? I am willing to listen to what you think we should do with what we found." She furrows her brow. "I just don't know whom in this town we can trust. It's run by crime syndicates, you know. Does anyone come to mind in Riddleport that you would trust with items of powerful dark magic?"


    ****

    DOWNSTAIRS AT CYPHER LODGE


    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    "Oh, yes, please. I-- here have zis. I.. I will pick it up later. No rush. I mean, I must be somewhere else soon. Thanks for the hospitality, but I need to check up on my... companions? Companions. Oh, also, I have this... prison. A person is being held inside. How can I undo what binds her to this... container?"

    She refers to Agneyasta's condition, of course.
    '


    "I would have to examine the container in question to see what kind of magic binding was used," Blakely says, holding out his hand. "Is it with you?"




    OOC:


    Your move.
    Last edited by magrat4; 08-26-2019 at 03:03 AM.

  5. #1415

    Default



    Flint leans in onto the counter, his eyes gliding over the odd gnome's wares, slowly letting them settle onto the alchemist himself, flashing a smile, but keeping his teeth hidden "hey how are ya" flint asks congenially "my friends and I were recently contracted to collect some mermaid tears.... my boss was saying I should pick up a vial for each of my team.... and that the vials needed to be air tight... that the tears needed to be protected from drying up, or otherwise decaying...."

    ooc
    perception check just for giggles
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+14) [34]
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 08-23-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritha

    "You think protecting this lodge of kindly old bookworms from that basilisk and whatever dangerous items traps our evil ex-Speaker left behind...is wrong? I am willing to listen to what you think we should do with what we found."

    "We should not have found it. This lodge was not made up of kindly old bookworms and one evil speaker. A speaker who fought and died protecting this city,"
    Beat. Shrug. "And his interests, no doubt..." she concedes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritha
    "I just don't know whom in this town we can trust. It's run by crime syndicates, you know. Does anyone come to mind in Riddleport that you would trust with items of powerful dark magic?"
    "I don't think we can afford that kind of peace of mind, no. I can't. Not in my line of work." she shakes her head to avoid spiraling.

    ****

    DOWNSTAIRS AT CYPHER LODGE


    She nods at and thanks Blakely, merrily walking towards wherever he might have indicated her to purchase such items. There's a spring on her step now.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 08-29-2019 at 04:49 PM.


  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Flint in Riddleport Market

    The gnome shakes his head sadly at Flint "Whoever is sending you after merfolk tears prolly swallowed a lotta superstitious rot about their ability to enhance your charm or voice. Sad there are so many unscientific people in the world, huh? But a paying job is a good job, and logic can't fill an empty stomach, amiright?"

    Creepy Ernie pensively taps his teeth with a dirty fingernail, revealing a host of fuschia boils on the back of his left hand. He glances down at the bubbles of skin and lifts his hand proudly toward Flint. "Cultivated these myself!"

    After a moment he snaps his fingers. "Didja know blood and tears exhibit comparable salinity? Your storage solution is made simple. I could sell you some extracted leech hirodin and double walled dark glass ampoules with just a pinch of brown mold to keep it cool and a dab of my best sealant to keep it snug, prevent evaporation. Store it all in a dark place and 'wah-la' as they say in Gall-lay."

    While he gathers jars behind the counter Flint examines the goods stacked or dangling in and around his portable cart.



    There are a few round flasks of blue solution that glisten with icy drops (alchemical ice, Flint supposes), and there are vials of fizzy green acid (alchemical acid) and orange liquids with the sullen glow of embers (alchemical fire), and even some pale yellow vials that shiver with some intermittent current (alchemical lightning?!). There are also shakers of gray crystals (smelling salts), and several skinny opaque jars in mustard yellow or a light blue or purple with tight stoppers---and mysteriously, no labels. Dangling by the cart's door are blue tinted glass bottles that sway in the wind, also unlabeled and apparently empty.

    "How many in your team?" asks Ernie. "I can let you heave each special ampoule for 9 gold and 4 silver each. But the dropper of my best sealant will run you an extra 24 gold, and you'll only need one dropper if you don't have an accident." He thrusts a boil covered finger uncomfortably close to Flint's nostril. "Careful not to glue your finger up your nose!" The vendor cackles and then stops and adds seriously "Or anyone else's."

    Ernie's tumor wags in a slow disappointed manner at this all-too familiar and feeble jest.

    Flint thinks he spots a familiar head of coppery hair bobbing above a line of tables on the other side of the market and undergoes a strange sensation...


    OOC:


    Hold up a moment, going to put Luci in the market also, scene to be continued.

    Also...I did not know what you were Percepting for...the cart, or the people in the market or what? So I gave you deets on the cart. And now you have the peace of mind that nobody is following you or sneaking up on you.
    Last edited by magrat4; 08-26-2019 at 04:23 AM.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    UPSTAIRS AT CYPHER LODGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post

    "We should not have found it. This lodge was not made up of kindly old bookworms and one evil speaker. A speaker who fought and died protecting this city,"
    Beat. Shrug. "And his interests, now doubt..." she concedes.
    "You don't think we should have searched Elias' quarters...and you're just telling me that now?" Samaritha squeaks, the slightly pointed tips of her ears flushing pink.

    "I don't think we can afford that kind of peace of mind, no. I can't. Not in my line of work." she shakes her head to avoid spiraling.
    "Okay, you agree nobody in Riddleport can be trusted...so what do you suggest I do with his top secret tools of the dark arts instead?" the young cyphermage prompts, her pitch rising despite her best efforts.

    ****

    DOWNSTAIRS AT CYPHER LODGE


    She nods at and thanks Blakely, merrily walking towards wherever he might have indicated her to purchase such items. There's a spring on her step now.
    Blakely says courteously "You're quite welcome. So should I expect you back later today from the local market with the lore spell ingredients? If so, when?"

    Samaritha bites her lip nervously as she stares after the halfling's retreating back.


    OOC:

    Unless you add more dialogue it seems Luci is leaving Samaritha behind to deal with the dead necromancer's stuff on her own.
    Last edited by magrat4; 08-26-2019 at 04:21 AM.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,545

    Default Flint and Luci at Riddleport marketplace

    AFTER CYPHER LODGE:

    Lucianna visits the open marketplace of colorful covered stalls and wagons (almost as colorful as the scarves and feathered hats and striped pantaloons of their buccaneer dressed sellers). She stops at an aromatic booth run by Shay, a 7 foot tall lovely tanned vishkanya woman whose skin is actually tiny bronzed scales.

    "Welcome...to Shay's Subtleties...little Traveller. What will be...your desire?" Her eyes are lidded and her voice is slow and breathy as though she's in trance. Indigo tattoos seem to crawl slowly up one arm but it could be a trick of the sunlight and rippling banners...maybe.



    Shay's wares include many pungent incense sticks and, conveniently, a variety of vessels and burners some of which are figurines carved from ivory. The ivory containers are 50 gold each, and the sticks of incense about 13 gold each.

    The halfling thinks she spies Flint's familiar lanky figure across the way at some sort of traveling cart in Riddleport's market and raises herself on tiptoe so her gray eyes crest the rows of countertops. Their eyes meet.

    Flint and Lucianna both notice something odd and utterly new, a sudden thrum beneath their skin accompanied by gentle tugs. When they each examine their arms beneath their sleeves, the tiny vibrating blue pods of spores risen beneath their flesh are a little like goosebumps, but bigger and spread out. They seem to be responding to the proximity of the other person.


    OOC:

    Because your life post Bello's experiments wasn't weird enough.
    Last edited by magrat4; 08-26-2019 at 04:29 AM.

  10. #1420

    Default

    Flint tries not to wince as the eccentric gnome shows off his "garden" of fungus, instead smiling as though he were impressed

    as the gnome explains the process by which he will make the amulets, flint nods along, paying careful attention, trying to visualize the process to make sure that it would still work with blood. "huh... yeah that sounds very interesting.... how long would it take to get that put together?" Flint asks, already sold, pulling out a coin purse and fishing out the required gold and silver

    As Flint sees a trace of lucianna's hair, his head darts up from inside the alchemist's cart. "luci?" he calls out to get her attention. Flint uses the distraction of him calling for luci to reach for one of the bottles of electricity.. making sure to simply hold it, on the off hand he was caught stealing, he could lie, and say he was just looking, he had done nothing suspicious yet.... yet

    ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollslight of hand - (d20+28) [42]
    yes I am wearing the thief lord's gloves

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •