Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,513 of 1513

Thread: Chapter Three: Another One Bites the Dust

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritha
    "Why would I be safe at the Lodge? It was probably a cyphermage who robbed me, who else?!"
    "I thought you'd be safe, surrounded by lambs." She ironically retorts. "You used me to gain access to what you... er, claimed to be something dangerous and then you run here with the things... Why would these... articles be safer in your hands? You clearly cannot protect yourself! You cannot work as a team, either! You couldn't wait for an hour for me to get back! Whatever is wrong with you? If they wanted you dead, you'd be dead. Yet here you stand, robbed, but alive. What. Do. You. Fear. Now? As she progressively becomes more and more exasperated by the rash behaviour of the half-elf, her black crown grows and her voice turns deeper and hoarser. She takes a deep breath to calm herself and regain her halfling look. "I'll see what I can do. You just... stay still and don't touch anything."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ott
    "You think she betrayed you? The timing does sound suspicious." (...) "It is possible she told the truth, and may still be worthy of the trust your friend once gave her."
    She nods thoughtfully. "True. She's... she's too rash. I don't know what she wants. If her intentions are good, she's a fool anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasmin
    "May the Light never lose you in your hour of need, nor you the Light, hamasayah."
    "I... I don't know what to say... Thank you. I hope we deserve them and make the best use of them..." She stares at the medallions, awed. She chatters for a bit with Yasmin before proceeding to the Fort.
    "You can come with me now, if you are not too busy. Let's let Samaritha be..." She thoroughly enjoys his company. "Now you tell me about your day. Is everything alright?"
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 10-12-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Default Lucianna in Riddleport

***At Mysteria Inn***

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    "I thought you'd be safe, surrounded by lambs." She ironically retorts. "You used me to gain access to what you... er, claimed to be something dangerous and then you run here with the things... Why would these... articles be safer in your hands? You clearly cannot protect yourself! You cannot work as a team, either! You couldn't wait for an hour for me to get back! Whatever is wrong with you?"

For a moment Samaritha---who is rather young, perhaps only 17 summers, Lucianna realizes anew---is stunned speechless. At last she sputters, "Why did I think his possessions would be safer with me? Because the others may have suspected who Tammerhawk really was, but they couldn't face the fact that he might do something to harm them if it suited him. I cared about them, and I for one am glad we saved them from that basilisk."

She rakes a hand through her frizzy hair in agitation. "When you left me alone without waiting to see what those items of power were, or what danger they posed, and you started insinuating I stole them for myself, I got scared. I came to Mysteria Inn because it's a known spot for adventurers to find work. Sure, I got caught off guard by the thief and had no time to cry out, which could happen to anyone..." She trails off.

"If they wanted you dead, you'd be dead. Yet here you stand, robbed, but alive. What. Do. You. Fear. Now?" As she progressively becomes more and more exasperated by the rash behaviour of the half-elf, her black crown grows and her voice turns deeper and hoarser.
    "What do I fear now?" Samaritha echoes softly, looking haunted. "The other wolf in the fold. She and Tammerhawk were thick as thieves until she disappeared for a year, but yesterday out of the blue she was back. Aster. The elf with the flame tattoo on her brow. I can't swear to it she attacked me, but I can't think who else would have."

Her description rings a bell---calling to mind the elf called Bel who formerly traveled with the Heroes of Harmony. Lucianna hadn't gotten to know her or why she left Flint and Ulvenn and them behind, but the simplest explanation is that the elf had some sort of double identity.

She takes a deep breath to calm herself and regain her halfling look. "I'll see what I can do. You just... stay still and don't touch anything."
    Samaritha's shoulders hunch. "I'll be downstairs at the bar if you want to..." The wizard's mouth twists as she tries to choose her words. "If you want me," she concludes.

***At Publican House***

CONTINUING BAR CONVERSATION:

Ott tries to give Samaritha the benefit of the doubt.

"She's too rash. I don't know what she wants. If her intentions are good, she's a fool anyway."

"Have you tried just asking her what she wants?" he says gently. "As for rash...well I can't say it's always worked out for me, but sometimes it has."

AFTER BAR CONVERSATION, OUTSIDE THE TAVERN:

The Sarenrite priestess beams at Lucianna, overjoyed the Splendent pendants will be out in the world once more helping heroes push back against forces of darkness.

"I... I don't know what to say... Thank you. I hope we deserve them and make the best use of them..." She stares at the medallions, awed. She chatters for a bit with Yasmin before proceeding to the Fort.

"You can come with me now, if you are not too busy. Let's let Samaritha be..." She thoroughly enjoys his company. "Now you tell me about your day. Is everything alright?"
    Lieven Ott brightens and falls into step beside her as they proceed to the ferry dock.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Alright? Yes. I am still thinking of joining up with the Order of the Black Arrow here in Riddleport. The Kalphiak giants are a terrible scourge, taking slaves and then eating them and taking even more. The Order usually hires criminals who want a pardon. And I...well, what happened last night felt like justice," he says, referring to the death of the evil gnome he hung from the rafters, "but I know the Law would not agree."

He glances sideways at her. "What do you think of that idea?"

[Conversation to be continued.]

As their ferry (which he insists on paying for) crosses the water, he holds her hand and stares at the water, just enjoying the present.

After they disembark and begin the walk to Fort Gnash, he comments, "You and your friends are the toast of the town. But the other thing that has everybody buzzing with excitement is the news of the Devil bringing judgment and hellfire on the most powerful. Rumor has it a devil's been possessing people and using his hosts and Hell's minions to strike out at the crimelords. Witnesses say he can teleport at will and weapons are useless against his warped flesh, and Rolf himself said that's consistent with fiendish lore. The Devil's struck at least two lords already and the others are getting nervous."

He pauses for her response before adding, "A popular theory is that Overlord Cromarcky summoned that devil to put down his stiffest competition. Another is that Elias Tammerhawk summoned him but then couldn't control him and paid with his life."

Something occurs to him and he says, "About where we're going...how were you chosen to clear out and renovate an ex-crimelord's headquarters? Who owns it now? And what manner of trouble are we expecting?"

OOC:

I figure a bit more dialogue is in order. Then I will give you an encounter mat and let you tell me how you want to "prepare for company," yes?
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-13-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Ulvenn grins, following the imp could be a problem, but a large orc traipsing through the sand... He could track that for miles. He begins moving swiftly through the sands towards the last place he saw her, unless of course he picks up her tracks earlier than that.