Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Chapter 2: From the Ashes (Original Timeline)

Viktoria trains, she pilots, she chats with the red-haired woman (if she is willing), and she sleeps. She relieves Gnool frequently so that he can socialize with the others, especially at meal time - she senses how important this new comraderie is to her friend.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

At some point, Babochka notes the routine Xavier has. And she catches him on the second morning, holding out a pair of improvised training weapons: long shafts of wood, with wrapped cloth tied about them. Asking him to demonstrate his swordplay in a spar with her on the deck, if he's willing. A training partner is always better than a solo performance.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Xavier is more than happy to teach and spar. The random decisions and beginner's luck of a new training partner are great things to practice against.

Gnool realizes on the second day why he does indeed enjoy the company of these newcomers more than he'd expected to: not one of them seems to give a damn that he's a dog-faced abomination of nature, more often shunned and spurned than welcomed. Indeed, they treat him not only as an equal, but also with respect! He hasn't had anyone treat him that way, other than Viktoria and Brother Thorred, in far longer than he'd care to admit.

Blog Entries

Facilier, when not scribing will also join in weapons training.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elan View Post
    "I can't replace body parts, but flesh wounds should be fine. I will tell you when I have exhausted half of my healing.", Jason reassures Seraphine.
    "Excellent! First we'll start with different distances from the bomb, to help study the effects of shrapnel on flesh from different distances. If I can figure out the exact radius of my bombs I can work on making them even stronger, and I'll know where to throw them next time we fight something."With that in place Seraphine pulls out all her needed ingredients and uses chalk to mark a giant X on the ground for the bomb to land, as well as different distances for Jason to stand at. She starts with five foot intervals to begin.Once the priest gets in his place she pulls out a bomb, mixes it up and throws. Once it hits the spot, she has Jason move to the next interval and repeats the process.

Bomb1-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6+5 ) [25]

Bomb2-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6+5 ) [23]

Bomb3-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 4d6+5 ) [14]

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    "Excellent! First we'll start with different distances from the bomb, to help study the effects of shrapnel on flesh from different distances. If I can figure out the exact radius of my bombs I can work on making them even stronger, and I'll know where to throw them next time we fight something."With that in place Seraphine pulls out all her needed ingredients and uses chalk to mark a giant X on the ground for the bomb to land, as well as different distances for Jason to stand at. She starts with five foot intervals to begin.Once the priest gets in his place she pulls out a bomb, mixes it up and throws. Once it hits the spot, she has Jason move to the next interval and repeats the process.
    "Unnngh...", Jason bites his lip hard after the first explosion, "Ugghhh, oh gods...", he says after the second, "Aghhhh, it hurts so good...", he shakes after the third one. (30 damage to Jason, 32 to Trouser)

"Give me a few minutes and we can continue." (Trouser heals completely after 3 minutes and 12 seconds) Jason casts a spell and touches himself, making all of his wounds close.

Spellcraft

Gnool jerks a thumb at the rope leading to nowhere and says to anyone around him who'll listen, "You know what the hells they're doin' up there?"

Blog Entries

The good doctor has been spending some time up on he 'control bridge' of sorts, learning about the operation of the ship.

"No idea, herr Gnool. Fear not zough, if zey do any damage, frau Ilsa und I can fix it right up."

He strokes his beak, thinking for a moment, then says:

"On zat note, herr Gnool. I haff been thinking. Ve haff so few amenities und armaments here on zis barge, und it vill not go vell for us if ve are attacked. Just look, nozink to hide behind on the edges of the barge, no ranged veapons or siege engines at ze ready. Und I checked ze store rooms, very few magic items und ze sort to use in case of emergencies. Now, I can make many of zese for you, but I vill need funds. Who do I talk to about setting up a money pool for building zese zings for ze group?"

Babochka has a look of distaste. She's actually been listening, and she clarifies to Gnool, "He is indulging in his love of pain, and she is indulging in her desire to hurt someone."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast