Page 4 of 195 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

That was real weird... I posted, but then it said there was no post... So I posted again and then there was the first and second posts... So feel free to delete the second post.

@Zeros: Thanks for the note, fixed it.

Okay, combat Round 2 and of course this wasn't a simple encounter with the rough side of Mother Nature because when is ANYTHING simple...Best wishes and don't be shy about strategizing in the Planner...

EDIT: But didn't I say you'd have time to recover before your next combat? Yes I did...I am not trying to be a filthy liar of lies...but there's been this story/combat encounter planned for the spot you are in, and Svidhogg's swim (a great bit of RP, I'm not trying to punish you for it I swear) was too tempting an opportunity NOT to pop it... And I believe Korman hasn't used any spells yet, and Lucianna only two (fireball and glitterdust) and Hakon just redid his spell list so maybe people are mostly fresh and ready...I hope

EDIT 2: On the bright side it means some of your buff spells are still active: heroes' feast for Mammon/Ulvenn/Flint/Korman and their companions and cohorts, and heroism for Hakon
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-12-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Default NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

As nice as a brine dragon would be in this battle he is seriously hurt. Q1 does Svidhogg have to be free from the grapple to use the command word for returning him to the figure?

And you sneaky bastard. Svidhogg would have never gone against that thing the way it is now. Holy crap I feel like we’re in a Power Rangers episode 😂.

Rita shouts “Magic wand, make my monster GROW!”

But guess what? I can do that too.

Q2 can my enlarge person spell work on a creature (ie. Svidhogg) or does it have to be a humanoid person?

Q3 FOR THE GROUP: if I can’t enlarge Svidhogg, who wants to get Huge and go fight this oversized crab cake, Megazord style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 03-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Should've checked discussion planner before doing risky thing...

So Ulvenn's gonna try and sunder the claw off... and he got a nat 20 so I'm rolling crit confirm here. It'd be kinda cool for him to go giant as he's going into the water, but if not that's fine too.

@Magrat4: As mentioned in the post, if you don't want to deal with sundering and the crab's claws then we'll just use the Sunder as a regular attack and make the acrobatics in the secondary condition into a heroic reroll... I imagine its got a Friggin high CMB to beat.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrit Confirm - (1d20+21) (8) [29] -3 for power attack if normal attack Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+2) (3) [5] +6 for power attack if normal attack
    EDIT: After posting I realized that you probably don't have a chance to crit on a sunder attempt... So only use this if Sunder can Crit or its just a normal attack.

Last edited by Zeros; 03-12-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    As nice as a brine dragon would be in this battle he is seriously hurt. Q1 does Svidhogg have to be free from the grapple to use the command word for returning him to the figure?

And you sneaky bastard. Svidhogg would have never gone against that thing the way it is now. Holy crap I feel like we’re in a Power Rangers episode .

Rita shouts “Magic wand, make my monster GROW!”

But guess what? I can do that too.

Q2 can my enlarge person spell work on a creature (ie. Svidhogg) or does it have to be a humanoid person?

Q3 FOR THE GROUP: if I can’t enlarge Svidhogg, who wants to get Huge and go fight this oversized crab cake, Megazord style?

Megazord style...rofl

But to your questions

Q1: NO, not even a dimensional lock spell could keep Svidhogg from returning to the Astral Plane through the command word to return him into the figurine, much less a grapple, so you're good there! But kind of hoping he will use at least one ability or attack before he has to go...

Q2: Unfortunately the target for enlarge person must be a "humanoid creature" says the entry, so it wouldn't work on a dragon.

I skimmed the rules and the only way I see for Svidhogg to increase in size would be to a) have him somehow cast a personal-only spell called Form of the Dragon II or Form of the Dragon III on himself, or b) find some way to free him permanently from the figurine and then age him 75+ years to get him Large Adult size (or 7+ centuries to get him Ancient and Huge).

Q3 I eagerly await your answer...
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-12-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Should've checked discussion planner before doing risky thing...

So Ulvenn's gonna try and sunder the claw off... and he got a nat 20 so I'm rolling crit confirm here. It'd be kinda cool for him to go giant as he's going into the water, but if not that's fine too.

@Magrat4: As mentioned in the post, if you don't want to deal with sundering and the crab's claws then we'll just use the Sunder as a regular attack and make the acrobatics in the secondary condition into a heroic reroll... I imagine its got a Friggin high CMB to beat.

[roll0]-3 for power attack if normal attack [roll1] +6 for power attack if normal attack
    EDIT: After posting I realized that you probably don't have a chance to crit on a sunder attempt... So only use this if Sunder can Crit or its just a normal attack.

Are you kidding, sundering a claw sounds EPIC!

I am going to steal this ruling...which says a Sunder Crit is a thing and damage happens...it wouldn't happen if it were just an object, but in this case the "object" you are sundering isn't really an object, it's attached to the creature. So I think it makes sense it would hurt...a lot!

Last edited by magrat4; 03-12-2018 at 03:55 PM.

So it went down like this:

Ulvenn charged, avoided AOO for move.

Went in for Sunder, crab's AOO (GRT 30), hit him and dealt 17 damage

But the Sunder was a crit, so the crab loses its free claw and takes I believe 30 damage after the doubling is factored in. (And Ulvenn will take 4 from Retribution...he did deal damage, so it works thematically even if it's questionable otherwise.) Kind of surprised he went for Retribution instead of the adamantine giant axe but I guess it is more damage and his iconic weapon.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-12-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Default NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

Can I enlarge Ulvenn as he waded into the water!? Effectively increasing his damage. Or would that take effect now after his turn?

You have that spell? Oh yeah I guess you do.

Um we can edit that in, sure, post that for your turn and I can adjust Zeros' post. (That is supposed to be one of the advantages of group Initiative.)

So basically I edited Ulvenn's post a bit already, because I'm making it clear that his sunder succeeded and Svidhogg is free, in case it affects other turns.

Quote Originally Posted by magrat4 View Post
    So it went down like this:

Ulvenn charged, avoided AOO for move.

Went in for Sunder, crab's AOO (GRT 30), hit him and dealt 17 damage

But the Sunder was a crit, so the crab loses its free claw and takes I believe 30 damage after the doubling is factored in. (And Ulvenn will take 4 from Retribution...he did deal damage, so it works thematically even if it's questionable otherwise.) Kind of surprised he went for Retribution instead of the adamantine giant axe but I guess it is more damage and his iconic weapon.
    I would've used the axe, but I don't have the giant's lace on it, so I was worried about failing the hit (which would potentially leave Ulvenn more vulnerable then he already is )

Also, it only gets the one AoO right? (unless it has combat reflexes, or DM adjudication, which it very well could have and I wouldn't dispute) Misunderstood, realized that there was only one AoO made...

Also, also: did you find those crit combat maneuver rules or is that your creation?

Also, also, also: Definitely agree if we're going to let it crit then Retribution should deal its damage back to Ulvenn.
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-12-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Page 4 of 195 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast