Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

Thanks and thanks, Zeros and TSW!

Beastly last couple of days, just now getting a chance to concentrate and post. On a happy note the surgery went off perfectly, all is well. Then an uncle got pulled in for aortic valve replacement surgery, so I'll be skipping Weds game night to go offer my support there (which I am totally fine with---family first).

Okay, going to 'soft close' Chapter Two (it won't be locked, you can still reply), and open Chapter Three. (Obviously Monday becomes a posting freebie day in my absence.)
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-06-2018 at 07:24 AM.

I assume the journey to Riddleport was less than a day?

Default NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

Yes Hakon would have aloud Svidhogg to remain outside the figurine to enjoy as much as he could of being outside then would have, after a lengthy debate returned him to the figurine should the need for him arise before the week is spent. (If possible I would like to allow him to enjoy the remaining time at he end of each week before the time resets. Or is this a rolling time, regaining time used each day from 7 days ago or just resetting on “Sunday” each week?

Hakon would defiantly not refuse to testify against the two bounty hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    I assume the journey to Riddleport was less than a day?
    Yep, instant travel once you ride the two hours to the elfgate in the underground tunnel beneath the building in the Churlwood Forest outside Harmony. So it's early evening in Riddleport when you arrive, say 5 o' clock-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    Yes Hakon would have aloud Svidhogg to remain outside the figurine to enjoy as much as he could of being outside then would have, after a lengthy debate returned him to the figurine should the need for him arise before the week is spent. (If possible I would like to allow him to enjoy the remaining time at he end of each week before the time resets. Or is this a rolling time, regaining time used each day from 7 days ago or just resetting on “Sunday” each week?

Hakon would defiantly not refuse to testify against the two bounty hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    24 hours every 7 days...I guess it makes sense to say it "resets" every Sunday? And let's say it's Saturday now...

But Harmony was a special case in how relaxed they were around the local heroes and their companions. Walking around with a dragon won't be subtle or safe, or tolerated, in a crowded urban city like Riddleport, fair warning. Ditto a hippogriff, too scary looking.

Mak can kind of get away with a "big wolf" impression, although to anyone paying attention he looks like an exotic or magical beast rather than an ordinary one (his large ruff of fur over the lump on his back), but some city folk and gendarmes may object to his presence in downtown areas. The poorest slum called Rotgut District isn't really policed, so anything happening there is more likely to be ignored at least by the law, as Ulvenn could tell you.

I am really not trying to be a jerk and take away anyone's companion. I just want to play the NPC reactions logically to the presence of the kind of killer claw wielding beasts that would usually get attacked or cause a panic on sight, because people fear the wild and unknown. It's not that different from walking down the street with a lion, in any society.

If it helps here is a possible workaround: hosteling armor enchantment. (Stores the animal companion/magical beast for 24 hours, like a familiar satchel but more magical.) Cost is +7500 to regular cost of armor I believe.

Finally, Flint not having anything big or scary following him around is acting as an advantage instead of holding me back

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKorman Nature for dust that TOTALLY isn't coke or whatever... - (d20+8) [20] Hehe, there we go, a funny little nature roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    Finally, Flint not having anything big or scary following him around is acting as an advantage instead of holding me back
    Held back, really? I figured it made him more flexible for sneaking around, and less likely to spend combat turns trying to protect or heal such an ally. If you want an attack buddy you could always try to put the dancing enchantment or fly on Pang so he can fight independently...on second thought that might be a VERY BAD IDEA. Heh.

Now it would be really helpful if you rolled a Disable Device (d20+22) as mentioned in those two spoilers from the last post, ASAP...

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Mess View Post
    [roll0] Hehe, there we go, a funny little nature roll.
    Success! Korman has found diamond dust. Which has many magical uses. And indicates someone dropped it there, accidentally or on purpose.

guess I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have, and I was just joking as I am the only member of the party without some sort of companion, (ulvenn and the pseudodragon, Korman and the worg, Hakon and the dragon, Mammon and the hippogriff) Flint is a bit of a lone wolf anyways, so he doesn't need a buddy to hold his hand

ooc
    [roll=disable device]d20+22[/spoiler]

Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast