Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1418

Thread: NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

@Zeros: Welcome back!! I hope your computer lets you play with us!

Here, I think I've found Hakon's theme, or something.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 01-08-2019 at 11:45 PM.

@Zeros: Glad you can minimize the inconvenience of a fritzing computer, replacing lost storage is a beast.

@everyone: Round 4 is ready for your now. Will update damage/conditions counters ASAP. (Mak took 5 damage, Ulvenn took 2. Lucianna took 27 nonlethal cold.)

EDIT: Updated now, or in 5 minutes-ish they will be.
    Last edited by magrat4; 01-10-2019 at 04:42 AM.

@GT: You get a full-round attack---that is two shots. And your first shot carries sneak attack.

Shorty just came in the room, she doesn't know where you are. The spider's body obscured both your position AND the location of the tiny murder hole in the roof, and so did a bunch of ceiling beams.

And after the spider was dead, her angle of view still wouldn't let her see you, or even figure out for sure how the spider died. Plus Korman has been holding her attention.
    Last edited by magrat4; 01-10-2019 at 04:45 AM.

So I am pretty sure that flat footed last for the whole round? not for just one attack?

Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack2 - (d20+8) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d8+1) [3]

Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak attack - (4d6) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak attack - (4d6) [16]

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    So I am pretty sure that flat footed last for the whole round? not for just one attack?
    I am ruling that Flint being hidden out of sight on the roof on the other side of a small hole, with Shorty not being aware of his presence at all, is the reason he got sneak attack the first time. Once he shoots, it reveals his position.

She can't target him back easily, that hole is like a +8 AC bonus for cover and um if she had any ranged weapons in her current outfit, you'd know. But still, she knows someone just shot at her from up above, and she is now wary of further attacks from that direction.

This works in the same way as it would if he were invisible: Flint would get a sneak attack, but after his initial attack his target would know his position and the next attack would not be a similar surprise and his target would not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC.

Shorty has finished climbing, so it's not like she's losing her Dex bonus to AC from that either.

It's possible to "snipe" to try to keep your location obscured after firing a shot. But that would require foregoing the second attack to take a Move action to use the Stealth Skill. That is just how it works, mechanically.
    Last edited by magrat4; 01-11-2019 at 01:54 AM.

My Rapid Shot roll was borked so I'm going to just post the roll here. Authentic Forum Dice-rollKorman Rapid Shot - (d20+15+3) [19]

I screwd up and forgot my damage on the fourth attack too. Ouch.
    Last edited by Gelatinous Mess; 01-12-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magrat4
    I am ruling that Flint being hidden out of sight on the roof on the other side of a small hole, with Shorty not being aware of his presence at all, is the reason he got sneak attack the first time. Once he shoots, it reveals his position.

She can't target him back easily, that hole is like a +8 AC bonus for cover and um if she had any ranged weapons in her current outfit, you'd know. But still, she knows someone just shot at her from up above, and she is now wary of further attacks from that direction.

This works in the same way as it would if he were invisible: Flint would get a sneak attack, but after his initial attack his target would know his position and the next attack would not be a similar surprise and his target would not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC.

Shorty has finished climbing, so it's not like she's losing her Dex bonus to AC from that either.

It's possible to "snipe" to try to keep your location obscured after firing a shot. But that would require foregoing the second attack to take a Move action to use the Stealth Skill. That is just how it works, mechanically.
    I will admit this ruling frustrates me.... I wasn't sure that I should have gotten a sneak attack at all in this situation, but when it comes to invisibility I feel that the enemy should lose their dex bonus to ac allowing me sneak attack for my entire round? the only thing that I know of that only leaves the enemy flat footed against one attack is feint

if you think about it from precedent, when you get a sneak attack round you get sneak attack damage, and then if you beat the other party in initiative you get sneak attack again. so flat footed lasts until the beginning of their turn, not after they are able to perceive you (I would agree that in this type of situation it may not extend to attacks of opportunity)

if you think about it from real life. it takes about 2 seconds to respond to stimuli if the stimuli is obvious. a round takes six seconds. really everything that happens happens in that six seconds. so really most actions probably happen in about 3 seconds time. So, really you wouldn't be able to mount an effective defense in those 3 second, let alone the 6 seconds.

obviously I can't find any rules that clearly say one way or another... otherwise I would be using that for my argument.

as always... not trying to make waves? just trying to communicate :P if the answer is "shut up I am the dm" then I get it

@GT: Please, drop it. I found a discussion on an RPG forum to shape, and support, my ruling, before I ever made it. And remember that you weren't getting sneak attack at all until I offered it to you? So you already came out ahead.

Too late for posting and anyway Fridays and Sundays are also freebies for me...
    Last edited by magrat4; 01-12-2019 at 07:54 AM.

you got it boss.... is it okay if you send me that thread so I can look it over?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    you got it boss.... is it okay if you send me that thread so I can look it over?
    You know...you have a funny idea of letting go. Ruling still final, but here you are...

LINK: https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...o-invisibility

LINK 2: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/stealth/