Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2097

Thread: NEW OOC Planner/Discussion Thread

I gotta say... it makes me uncomfortable how much everyone knows about the devil... makes me feel like I didn't do as good a job covering my tracks as I thought.... anyways

basically flint is willing to try and track the vandal either now, or too wait an hour

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    I gotta say... it makes me uncomfortable how much everyone knows about the devil... makes me feel like I didn't do as good a job covering my tracks as I thought.... anyways

basically flint is willing to try and track the vandal either now, or too wait an hour
    Maybe you shouldn't be thinking the information is that spread around?

Maybe you should be asking yourself who knew about the Devil's first message and/or saw the mask, and then you could make an Intelligence roll about who they would have told and what the connection to Pamodae (the information broker) might be?

As I recall, Flint didn't even tell the party about the words he wrote, just like he didn't tell the party about what was in Croat's personal/business papers.
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-18-2019 at 02:29 AM.

lets see.... the cloakers as well as the orcs protecting the drug shipment, but I think all the cloakers were killed.

almost every orc in the compound would have seen or heard about the message, but I thought they all turned themselves in, so pamodae shouldn't have access to them.

the captain of the guard already suspects Flint, but again..... not super sure how he would have connected the dots, and he would have seen the scene that flint left behind. but if he were the leak, flint would be working on an escape plan right now, not thinking about how his con was compromised. '

as far as I know... those are the only mentions of the devil so far... besides the copy cat

roll for intelligence I guess?
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollint - (d20+3) [4]

i don't know... its just I put so much planning and work into creating this alter ego, and even though I wasn't planning on using him again, it seems like everyone either knows it was flint or at the very least knows that the devil is all smoke and mirrors... what is the point in wearing a mask and being all spooky when it would have been easier to just storm the castle.

its kinda the significant difference between the devil and the wolf. the wolf is a real person, and you fear him because you know he is a man who walks into the fort and slaughters everyone there. the devil on the other hand is a myth, he is scary because you don't know what he is capable of and he seems to have very specific targets in mind, which he "easily" takes without you ever knowing how he did it. the devil is a force of nature, the wolf is an assassin. the wolf is still scary once you learn who is under the mask, the devil loses all his gravitas.

sorry I am just being salty, goes back to last year when I felt like I was being punished for every single thing I tried... please don't mind me

and maybe I should stop moping, and try to reestablish the devil as more than just a man

the only reason I didn't share croats personal papers is because I have tunnel vision and a short memory span....

@GT: Sorry I rained on your parade. But if you re-examine the evidence, I don't think I did what you think I did.

I wasn't actually trying to put across that Pamodae thinks the Devil is just a human man in a mask. She knows there was a mask in the canyon, not who or what is behind it.

As a crimelord talking to hirelings she is talking big and being dismissive of the Devil.

Same goes for the person using the Devil to cover what they were doing in Pamodae's office---they don't know who the Devil is, only that the Devil left Croat a message and what it said.

The statement in which I erred, I see now, is a red herring tease where I said "Sounds like someone who knows you, doesn't it?" By that I only meant that the rhyme scheme used was similar to Ulvenn's...which to be 100% honest with you was not intentional. Rhyming couplets are just convenient and easy to write, like limericks.

Anton Mescher only knows that Flint's party saved the town from the sea witch and that Croat surrendered the day after his party arrived in town. He was trying to connect dots on a hunch...but Flint's Bluff was too good and he came away with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Bottom line, Flint's secret alter ego is still a secret---nobody has connected Flint/Martin/Casper/at least three other aliases with the Devil of Riddleport. So...cheer up?
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.

@magrat

thank you for trying to cheer me up, I get moody when I make posts late at night, and I allowed a mild annoyance blow up into something bigger

I am sure once I get a more clear picture I will be more happy with what is going on

either way, you are a good friend and a good dm :P

mostly I was pointing to Anton Mescher, who beat my bluff with his sense motive, and just short of asked if Flint was the devil

Bottom line, Flint's secret alter ego is still a secret---nobody has connected Flint/Martin/Casper/at least three other aliases with the Devil of Riddleport. So...cheer up?
    https://media.tenor.com/images/69e33...d475/tenor.gif

@GT: In my head canon Mescher's not sure of anything. And that scene seemed like an okay idea at the time because I was hoping for an alliance between Mescher and the party, but this party's too Chaotic for that and it was presumptuous of me.

@GT: Having taken a little time to think, I realized I want to thank you for the feedback and ask you to keep it coming. Seriously.

Honestly I think separating "meta-game" knowledge and "in-character" knowledge is even harder when it comes to GMing and NPCs, and it's something I want to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by magrat4
    @GT: Having taken a little time to think, I realized I want to thank you for the feedback and ask you to keep it coming. Seriously.

Honestly I think separating "meta-game" knowledge and "in-character" knowledge is even harder when it comes to GMing and NPCs, and it's something I want to watch out for.
    like I said before... I was moody when i made that post, not thinking super clearly and with my mom in town I am a little more stressed than I care to admit. I love my mom, she just came into town 4 days earlier than I was expecting, and I hadn't gotten everything prepared for her, so that made me a little ornery and I took it out on you, which wasn't mature nor appreciated I am sure

I am sorry about being whiny, and I have been working on masterying that part of my self

on a side note, i want that teleporting item

@GT: That would stress me out too. Pretty sure there's mold in my sink I'd rather mom not see... Anyway I hope things get better for you and you get more advance notice next time.

And I guess if you want that teleporting item you better capture a certain someone...

sorry things have ground to a halt, I am kinda waiting for Z to make a move so I can follow his move

not sure where alcazar is though, gonna ping him on discord