Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Openings in the World of Chaldera

1. Default Openings in the World of Chaldera

I have a couple of openings in my game: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2856-The-World-of-Chaldera-A-New-Beginning

It is 5e and I need one or two players who can post daily, with weekends optional. The new character will start at 4th level and we can work on the background etc after you're in the game, but if you're interested, read the material in the game or if you've been following it, then submit a character idea. I don't need a complete character right now, just a willingness to post daily and become involved in the game. This is a longterm game and is not episodic in nature. I look forward to your ideas and submissions, thanks!

I’m interested, but it’ll take me a bit to go through your world info to have a character concept. What are your rules for character creation?

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I have a couple of openings in my game: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2856-The-World-of-Chaldera-A-New-Beginning

It is 5e and I need one or two players who can post daily, with weekends optional. The new character will start at 4th level and we can work on the background etc after you're in the game, but if you're interested, read the material in the game or if you've been following it, then submit a character idea. I don't need a complete character right now, just a willingness to post daily and become involved in the game. This is a longterm game and is not episodic in nature. I look forward to your ideas and submissions, thanks!
    Interesting, I've got a concept I've been trying to play for a while now. Do you mind characters being from Parts Unknown?
    EDIT: Aw, man, tieflings aren't a PC race? Mind explaining that, just out of curiosity? One of the two variants on my concept was a tiefling.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 02-24-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Can you share the current party makeup? Also, I'm working my way through the encyclopedia portion, but what would be the elevator pitch for the setting? I always like to find something special or unique in the world and build a character that touches that in some way. Is there something unique in the setting that the group hasn’t really touched on yet?

I'm one of the players in Chaldera. As a player I see Chaldera as a world that is coming out of an age of darkness. Knowledge has been lost and characters are discovering the world. Magic and the gods are feared by most. In many cities there are restrictions on magic use and the worship of the gods is limited. Jasrel, the city we started in has two active temples. There are great opportunities for developing aspects of the world. Most of our travels have been to humani centric cities, although we did visit Banto, the home of the gnarr. I love playing in Chaldera.

Our current roster is:
    Axar--a dwarro Barbarian
    Althir--a fendari warlock
    Hildegard--Humani Cleric of Ceara
    Rhenger--Humani fighter
    Zavros--Humani fighter
    Calaral--Lidani Ranger
    Maus--Loewein Rogue

The races are: Humani (human); Dwarro (dwarf); Lidani (wood elf); Eridani (high elf); Fendari (1/2 elf); Loewin (halfling); Gnarr (gnome)
    the typical names dwarf, elf, gnome are slurs in Chaldera
    Last edited by xcylla; 02-24-2018 at 11:03 PM.

That’s a large party. Are you guys scaling up to 9 players or are you losing folks?

We have been 9 before and would like to get there again. Chaldera is a dangerous place.

That sounds terrifying. It seems like you guys are light on magic. The gods have been imprisoned though, right? How long ago was that and do they still speak to their followers?

9. Default

Tieflings are generally not a PC race in Chaldera because the area they were in was not open to that. However, the group is now in Aquilar and there are some Tieflings in the country, so a Tiefling would be allowed--based on the background we can come up, if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post
    Interesting, I've got a concept I've been trying to play for a while now. Do you mind characters being from Parts Unknown?
    EDIT: Aw, man, tieflings aren't a PC race? Mind explaining that, just out of curiosity? One of the two variants on my concept was a tiefling.
    Last edited by Luopo; 02-25-2018 at 12:51 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    I’m interested, but it’ll take me a bit to go through your world info to have a character concept. What are your rules for character creation?
    Buy stats, but that's not that important right now. Your character concept must fit into the world and you must be able to post almost daily--preferably daily, but sometimes there's not that much to post about depending on where the group is an what they're doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast