Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Brilliant City, Dark Tunnels

Veta looks at the glass in Cam's hand, then waves it away. "It is too early both in the morning and in our venture to be muddying our wits."

In response to Solen, she stiffens, then says "Follow who you will. We must work together or die together."

Come join us on Discord!

Osorin, still sitting at the same table he was the previous night, raises an eyebrow at Veta and Til before marking his place in the book he's been reading. Placing the closed book into his pack, the half-elf gather's his things and heads to his room. He arrives at Veta and Til's location after a third person shows up and speaks to them. Putting on his best smile, he says, "Just a suggestion, but it might be a good idea to try and be just a little bit civil to each other." He continues to his room, and as he does the others can see that although Osorin carries a spear, he doesn't appear to be wearing any kind of armor.

When he enters his room, Osorin will go through his things to take a quick inventory of what he has and what he might need. When this is done, he makes his way to the market to see if he can purchase a few healing potions. If can't acquire any of these he will settle for purchasing some extra rations. After he visits the market, he will go to a random tavern to see if he can find anyone who has fought against the fomorians. If he is successful, he will buy them a drink and use his powers of persuasion to get whatever information he can. Afterwards he will return to his room and go back to reading his book.

Solen casts an apologetic look at Osorin for his polite chastening, "You are right, sir. My manners failed me in the moment." He turns to the tiefling. "I offer my apologies for any insult, Miss Veta. I am sure that we will learn much from one another while we serve in this company as equals," he says while drawing extra emphasis on his final word. He offers a friendly if not entirely genuine smile before turning and following the others to the exit.

Blog Entries

Broghar the dwarf listens to the conversation then stands up and walks to the door. "The names Broghar, and I'm a bounty hunter. And now I'll go and get a new axe. I left my earlier one in someone." he throws the words over his sholder and heads out to the market.

Watching the others leave, Cam is left alone with Miss Veta.

"Miss Veta, I didnt know you took after your parents as much as you do. Interesting. How do you feel about old mommy these days? She can really be quite the, um, head-turner no?"

Veta's eyes narrow as she weighs Cam's possible meanings and how much he knows. "I haven't spoken to my mother in quite some time, and I'll thank you not to compare me to her... or share my parentage with others." Her scrutiny relents, and her next question is asked with guarded curiosity. "What have you done for the Winter Court that you know me?"

Come join us on Discord!

"Ah, straight to the point I see. We have a saying out on the sea. Its not the wind in the north that's ripping your sails, but the storm coming from the east that will drown you. You don't beat around the bush. Let's just say..... I have some friends who are not happy with how the Winter Court is right now and they want to see some changes. In order for that to happen, well, your mother can't be chopping heads off right? Ask not what I have done for the Winter Court, but what I CAN DO for the Winter Court."
    Last edited by Light; 02-03-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Veta smiles. It is not the sort of smile most people would enjoy having directed at them. "I think you and I shall get along quite nicely... Cam, you said it was?"

Come join us on Discord!

Cam bows with a flourish that has been mastered over the years. Its not overly formal, but it is proper for someone who is the daughter of..... Well someone important "Camriel 'The Black Captain' Arrodan. The pleasure is all mine."

"Ah, Cam, short for Camriel. Well, Camriel, shall we get to our respective businesses?"

Come join us on Discord!

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast