Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Chapter 1: Brilliant City, Dark Tunnels

Hyberion returned the handshake with a serene, grateful smile. He was not as stern or militant in his gesture, but he ensured a firm grip as to exhibit respect.

"Thank you kindly for everything, Veta. If not for you all, we may not have..." He trailed off with a grimace. "Um.. regardless, who are these contacts that you refer to?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Hyberion returned the handshake with a serene, grateful smile. He was not as stern or militant in his gesture, but he ensured a firm grip as to exhibit respect.

"Thank you kindly for everything, Veta. If not for you all, we may not have..." He trailed off with a grimace. "Um.. regardless, who are these contacts that you refer to?"
    "I spent time as a courtier among the Greystripe Hive, and served their queen, Tik-Tik, as a military strategist." She knocks on her scorpion-plate armor. "This was a gift to me from Queen Tik-Tik for my service and my extraordinary company."
    Last edited by Rellott; 09-15-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Til eyes Hyberion with suspicion; his almost demure behaviour clashes with the subdued, don't-owe-no-one-nothing assertiveness of the wildmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til addresses the extended party. "Listen! Sunset is near and our blood will cool off if we don't keep a-moving. I say, let's head to Astrazalian now. I'd rather carry those who can't than camp here." He looks at Veta and nods, giving the floor and acknowledging her self-appointed role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Nodding, Thoja'nnom looks aside and considers the Swami. Hmm. She catches up with the Circus members that ran on ahead, while the main group of adventurers does their thing - taking account of those that she and Hyberion got separated from, and giving reassurances. And speaking of that... she looks over to the blue man himself. They're out. They did it! No more running for their lives, at least for now. She has an odd smile.

Idly, she makes the mental connection once more, summoning a rather capricious weasel by her feet that immediately bounces up her and curls around her arm. It's a wild-looking thing - a Fey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    “Excellent plan, Til!” Veta says. “Let us be off quickly. I expect returning here will prove hazardous, so I suggest that after reporting to Astrazalian, we proceed to the Fields. I have some contacts there that may be of help to us.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    "Who was that, and how was he...?"

Hyberion appeared a little shaken up about what just transpired. He thought to himself in deep concern, stagnantly troubled in his thoughts. That very eye may as well haunt him in his sleep tonight, as they did not serve well to his own wounds. The druid softly sighed as he strode alongside the others, keeping his neck craned and gaze cast downwards. He felt meek, if not impuissant, as he began to question his own abilities. He was thankful they had escaped, but he wished he were stronger, that he could have stopped that malevolent being from harming those around him.

Yet those feelings of insecurity were dispelled once he took solace in the prisoners' liberation. One foot after the other, he slowly broke out of his depressive concerns and observed his surroundings. It was nice to be outside, to be enfranchised from that wretched dungeon. Catching Thoja'nnom's sight, Hyberion gently smiles and nods. Right-- if he were able to free the prisoners with Thoja's guidance and work, then perhaps things were going to be alright. He would have to work harder and train, to protect those who need help.
    The journey back is as quick as it was coming here- perhaps faster, since you are driven by a desire to be away from that dark place. When you arrive in the city, you can bask in the creature comforts of civilization once more- but there will be a slight delay to your new departure, as a parade indicates Titania has arrived, and the Queen of the Summer Court is bound to try and include you in her entertainment- or as her entertainment.
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758