Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Brilliant City, Dark Tunnels

Blog Entries

Broghar steps over to Solen with a big smile on his bearded face. "I think I have something that belongs to you." he hands back the pack and the scabbard. "I won't be taking this to anyone. That was one hell of a run you did there."

Til seems to chuckle. "Let's get out of here."

Solen shoulders his pack and secures his sword. His heart is still racing, but he manages a smile for Broghar as he hustles forward out of the cave. "Thank you. He was a touch faster than I was expecting to be honest. I got lucky. I think we all got lucky."

His gauntlet clenches into a fist as he steps out into the sunshine, "We weren't prepared for something like this. He's going to keep terrorizing people and slaughtering innocents. I think we need to head back and inform the courts."

Solen looks at Barov and the assembled troupe, "Is this everyone? Are your friends safe?"

Thoja'nnom walks out with them, looking around. And sinking a bit. "Left too many behind, got out who we could. Pine escaped first, gave Beetle tools." Referring to herself. She looks to the boy. "Never found sister..."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

The sound that comes out of Balor's figure places somewhere between the howl of metal being shredded by metal and the low growling hiss of a greater reptile. He takes a strong pose and reveals a fourth eye within the other three, glowing like the others. Just as the gate falls, this new gaze rolls over the ground, causing all that it touches to roil and hiss as if it were being melted. The mighty crushing trap falls and is not easily disarmed- surely, with little leverage, even such a mighty enemy will not be able to lift it or break through it before you reach the safety of sunlight. There is a low rumble as the trap is pummeled from the other side by some force, but it fades and your safety is finally granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen shoulders his pack and secures his sword. His heart is still racing, but he manages a smile for Broghar as he hustles forward out of the cave. "Thank you. He was a touch faster than I was expecting to be honest. I got lucky. I think we all got lucky."

His gauntlet clenches into a fist as he steps out into the sunshine, "We weren't prepared for something like this. He's going to keep terrorizing people and slaughtering innocents. I think we need to head back and inform the courts."

Solen looks at Barov and the assembled troupe, "Is this everyone? Are your friends safe?"
    Barov looks at the ground. It's obvious by his expression that that's a negative, but he's too choked up to speak, obviously ashamed of being caught up in the lure of treasure. Tears begin to roll down his face, and he leans against the cave entrance shuddering. He's lost a good half of everyone he knows in one fell swoop, and he's surely blaming himself for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Thoja'nnom walks out with them, looking around. And sinking a bit. "Left too many behind, got out who we could. Pine escaped first, gave Beetle tools." Referring to herself. She looks to the boy. "Never found sister..."
    "That's alright," Pine says with an alarming amount of calmness. "They said they were using her for something special. And saving the circus members for a trick on Busy Bee Island."

"What?"
    Barov cries, reaching out to seize and shake the puppet boy in rage. "Why didn't you tell me? That changes everything!" He stops crying, and now looks about ready to pull the subject of his anger apart by the joints.

"You had already gone for help before I could get free,"
    Pine shrugs. "It wasn't important until now. I assume if they need her for something, that means she's alive, right?"

Barov growls angrily, but the strongman of his group agrees. "This isn't the end of it. If he wanted us dead, he would have already killed us, or some of us would have already been eaten."

The swami also contributes. "Now that we know the extent of his powers, we know that if you had returned with this new group, you would have been killed- King Balor would have cornered everyone in the prison and wiped us out all at once. This was the best possible outcome. Sometimes vices are useful for the cause of good by accident."

Focusing and taking the situation in properly, Barov thinks before speaking. "At least we have a new lead to work off of- I don't know if you folk are interested in saving my circus any more, but I sure am- if you are, come to the Fields... I'll see you there after we explain what's happened to the Summer Queen. I'm afraid we won't be the stars of the City of Starlight as hoped."

You are able to pack your campsite up, Balor's rage causing distant echoes to radiate from the tunnel behind you before the noise falls silent. You know you will be able to make your way back to Astrazalian in safety if you begin to head back soon. The time is late afternoon.

(WHEN ALL OF YOU GET THE OPPORTUNITY, LEVEL UP TO 10.)
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-12-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    Sadiyah: Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Til addresses the extended party. "Listen! Sunset is near and our blood will cool off if we don't keep a-moving. I say, let's head to Astrazalian now. I'd rather carry those who can't than camp here." He looks at Veta and nods, giving the floor and acknowledging her self-appointed role.
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-13-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Nodding, Thoja'nnom looks aside and considers the Swami. Hmm. She catches up with the Circus members that ran on ahead, while the main group of adventurers does their thing - taking account of those that she and Hyberion got separated from, and giving reassurances. And speaking of that... she looks over to the blue man himself. They're out. They did it! No more running for their lives, at least for now. She has an odd smile.

Idly, she makes the mental connection once more, summoning a rather capricious weasel by her feet that immediately bounces up her and curls around her arm. It's a wild-looking thing - a Fey.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 09-13-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Default Chapter 1: Brilliant City, Dark Tunnels

“Excellent plan, Til!” Veta says. “Let us be off quickly. I expect returning here will prove hazardous, so I suggest that after reporting to Astrazalian, we proceed to the Fields. I have some contacts there that may be of help to us.”

Come join us on Discord!

"Who was that, and how was he...?"

Hyberion appeared a little shaken up about what just transpired. He thought to himself in deep concern, stagnantly troubled in his thoughts. That very eye may as well haunt him in his sleep tonight, as they did not serve well to his own wounds. The druid softly sighed as he strode alongside the others, keeping his neck craned and gaze cast downwards. He felt meek, if not impuissant, as he began to question his own abilities. He was thankful they had escaped, but he wished he were stronger, that he could have stopped that malevolent being from harming those around him.

Yet those feelings of insecurity were dispelled once he took solace in the prisoners' liberation. One foot after the other, he slowly broke out of his depressive concerns and observed his surroundings. It was nice to be outside, to be enfranchised from that wretched dungeon. Catching Thoja'nnom's sight, Hyberion gently smiles and nods. Right-- if he were able to free the prisoners with Thoja's guidance and work, then perhaps things were going to be alright. He would have to work harder and train, to protect those who need help.

"Oh-- um..." Hyberion piped up, albeit shyly. "My name is Hyberion, and this is Thoja'nnom; we were both captured imprisoned, so I'm afraid I don't... know much about what's happening, or who that even was back there."

Default Chapter 1: Brilliant City, Dark Tunnels

“I am Veta.” The tiefling proffers her hand for a handshake, arm rigid as one might expect from someone with years of military training, and befitting of someone with muscles as thick as hers.

Come join us on Discord!

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast