Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    Just to make sure the air stays nice and clear, Veta is a go-getter. She's military, educated, and a noble. Like, "noble" is her background AND her class. As a tiefling, it is likely obvious that she's part of the new Winter Court. Something she likely won't share with you anytime soon is that she's the daughter of high ranking members of the Winter Court. In spite of this background, she will try to get by on her own skills and merits as much as possible... but most of her skill set involves leading others and getting them to do more than they ever thought they could do on their own, and for the longest time no one ever questioned her in that regard. People questioning her leadership is a new thing for her, and she's figuring out how to deal with it.
    Too late. Already blew that secret Cam knew that info based on his connections to the Winter court. I promise I'm not meta knowledging Veta

Blog Entries

Just to make sure the air stays nice and clear, Veta is a go-getter. She's military, educated, and a noble. Like, "noble" is her background AND her class. As a tiefling, it is likely obvious that she's part of the new Winter Court. Something she likely won't share with you anytime soon is that she's the daughter of high ranking members of the Winter Court. In spite of this background, she will try to get by on her own skills and merits as much as possible... but most of her skill set involves leading others and getting them to do more than they ever thought they could do on their own, and for the longest time no one ever questioned her in that regard. People questioning her leadership is a new thing for her, and she's figuring out how to deal with it.
    I am glad you started the roleplay. It allowed each of us to make their character react to being ordered around. I am sure they will end up working together and maybe even acknowledging Veta as a leader/coordinator of sorts in combat situations.

Blog Entries

My problem is (or more like Broghar's) that Broghar is a mage, but hides the fact. Now the importance of the task may make him reveal the fact, but the way the group has been acting would really make him not trust them with such a secret.

Blog Entries

There's at least a cultural clash to sort out first, I guess.

Realistically they were all selected for feats of great renown. There is a lot of clout being thrown around here. It wouldn't feel real if there wasn't conflict over pride and standing. I think that whole scene just felt realistic to me. And necessary really. And i think it was great to see the personalities of the characters too.

This is gonna be a good game.

But how Broghar reacts to all this is up to him. I would let that one flow as time goes on. Culture plays into a lot of this too I agree. These characters are all different, from different places, with different pasts and different goals. There is a lot to consider in all of it. And I feel like there will be a lot more conflict. But i don't mind conflict among characters. As long as players dont take things personal, character conflict shapes and defines characters like nothing else, especially in PbP

It'll sort out eventually. There's been nothing to create any kind of bond with the group yet. Everyone was tossed into a lottery and we were the names drawn out. Solen sees it as fate at work providing a chance for glory and honor for the Summer Court and all the courts, so running into Veta's abrupt personality was abrasive to him. It's grist for the mill. The best pbp posts give something for someone to respond to or push the narrative forward in some way. A little IC conflict is a great example of that. That said, give it a few battles where folks have to rely on one another and you might see some different attitudes.

As for Broghar, if you think he wouldn't trust the group, then go with that. Solen didn't tell Veta anything he could do. No reason to yet. Just think of everyone's reaction when we think we're about to die and you finally unleash that fireball. It'll be awesome.

Cam is a rogue, right? Rogues get sneak attack once per turn, right? I am now Cam's new best friend.

Come join us on Discord!

Cam is a rogue, right? Rogues get sneak attack once per turn, right? I am now Cam's new best friend.
    Ooo yes and I love the sound of that

Yup. That conflict is an inevitable part of a group getting to know each other. In fact, I'm glad it was so up-front instead of everyone moodily hiding their intent to stab each other in the back.
    Taking a class right now where the book 5 Dysfunctions of a Team was read for the purposes of understanding teamwork. Honest conflict is one of the required steps in a coherent team.
    What really needs to be worried about is trust.

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Veta doesn't intend to stab any of you in the back. She barely knows you. And if she did decide to stab you in the back (or the front), she would not moodily hide it.
    Last edited by Rellott; 02-03-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast