Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [PF Gestalt] Natives of Neroth

Default [PF Gestalt] Natives of Neroth

Natives of Neroth
    For the past three millennia, Leitar the Archsage has watched over the continent of Neroth. By her generosity, the peoples of Neroth, far and wide, have enjoyed generations of prosperity. Leitar's magic has saturated the land, air, and sea—and people. Every native of Neroth is born with extraordinary aptitude. Although Leitar's isolationist restrictions on intercontinental and interdimensional travel may have kept them from recognizing their potential as unusual, they will soon find out.
    Having lived a long life, Leitar is ready to retire to a peaceful, humble afterlife. To prevent a tyrant from afterwards claiming her power, she disjoins her legendary staff, Wairhdel, the Wishstaff, as she surrenders her soul. Upon her departure, a wave of magic washes across Neroth, transforming the land into a frontier of magical portals. The natives of Neroth wake in unfamiliar lands, now homes of the new portals to and from Neroth.

NOTE:
    ​This campaign will include rotating GMs and GMPCs (i.e. the active GM will simultaneously be controlling a player, doing her/his best to avoid abusing his/her meta-knowledge). Please take a moment before applying to be sure that you are okay playing in a game with rotating GMs and GMPCs.

• PbP Pathfinder (Gestalt)
    • Every other day posting requirement: Players should aim to respond with a post within 24h, but no more than 48h later. As the starting GM, I will be aiming for the same.
    • A supplementary program might be required for maps only. (If so, Roll20 is most likely.)
    • All official Paizo material is available, excluding the gunslinger (i.e. no firearms; Bolt Ace archetype is allowed). GMs will be expected to strongly prefer RAW. If you aren't sure whether or not something is from Paizo publishing, the d20pfsrd site usually notes the source of material either next to an entry (for webpages listing many abilities, items, etc...) or at the bottom of the webpage.
    • Character Creation: Myth–weavers character sheet. 25 Point Buy. 300 starting gold. Any race which would not require a level adjustment. Two traits or three with drawback. All characters gain the following Campaign trait (as one of their traits):
    • I am looking for four players. This means there would be a total of 5 people, including myself.
    • Please note if you are willing to act as a GM in the future.
    • Players must be in "good standing" on TTW (i.e. they must have green reputation bars below their username).

A few character building tips:

Last edited by Boethius; 01-12-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Chiri
    Kitsune
    UC Vexing Dodger Rogue/Urban Bloodrager
    Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1456096
    (Fox form sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1424098)

Backstory: Chiri grew up in Lusrai, a large elven city with a strong kitsune population. As is common among the kitsune of the Lusrai region, Chiri was born able to permanently shift into a tiny red fox. To the frequent annoyance of the native elves, the Lusrai kitsune have adopted their superior shapeshifting as a means of mischief. Mischief—albeit harmless or underhandedly altruistic—has always been Chiri's passion. Ever since she took to living on her own two years ago, Chiri has done nothing but look for trouble wherever she can find it; thankfully, it usually can't find her back.

Personality:
    Hates leaving her fox form
    Lover of mischief
    Hates to see anyone hurt
    Loves having her head and back scratched (she will never admit it)
    Happy to keep to the same diet as an actual fox
    Very amused that others are shocked that she will eat like a real fox

I am willing to GM at times.
    Last edited by Boethius; 01-13-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Presenting Albira, Human, Amateur Knight Errant (Bard/Fighter) for approval.

Backstory TL;DR: as a young girl, Albira was fascinated by the heavily embellished tales of local ex-adventurer Ichabod. She convinced him to train her in his knightly ways. Now she travels the continent of Neroth and protects travellers from bandits and whatnot.

Full Backstory

Description:
    Albira is a tall and imposing figure. She's unusually stocky for a half-elf. The only obvious visible hints to her elfish heritage are her slightly pointed ears and her golden eyes. Her skin is tanned from her life on the road. Her long black hair is usually pulled into a bun. Over her gray tunic she wears a chain shirt, and over her chain shirt she wears an indigo surcoat with a golden sun on the chest.

Personality:
    Albira is a fierce protector of the weak, the meek, and anybody else who might need protection from Bad Guys. She's enthusiastic (sometimes overly so) about adventuring and heroic quests. And she'll almost never pass up a good competition. But at the end of the day she likes to sit back and unwind with some alcoholic beverages and a good story.

I am definitely willing to GM at times!
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 01-13-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Did you decide on allowing those with no DMing experience to play? If so, then I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Did you decide on allowing those with no DMing experience to play? If so, then I'm interested.
    You do not have to have GM experience to apply!

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    You do not have to have GM experience to apply!
    I was wondering this myself, so I greatly appreciate the clarification.

The other thing currently curbing my interest is Gestalt as a concept. I've never played in a Gestalt campaign before, so I've having trouble understanding the benefits and/or the appeal of combining two classes together in this fashion. Isn't the idea of playing two different classes already covered by simply multiclassing? Is the aim just to make the characters more powerful by giving them access to more class features more quickly, or am I missing something?

Some more details on the system and its perks would be wonderful.
    Last edited by Xubrai; 01-13-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Why should I apologize for the monster I have become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xubrai View Post
    I was wondering this myself, so I greatly appreciate the clarification.

The other thing currently curbing my interest is Gestalt as a concept. I've never played in a Gestalt campaign before, so I've having trouble understanding the benefits and/or the appeal of combining two classes together in this fashion. Isn't the idea of playing two different classes already covered by simply multiclassing? Is the aim just to make the characters more powerful by giving them access to more class features more quickly, or am I missing something?

Some more details on the system and its perks would be wonderful.
    In one sense, gestalt is multi-classing on steroids. You gain class features from multiple classes much quicker than normal and typically have fewer poor saving throws, a few more skill points, and a few more hit points. Gestalt characters are usually more powerful because they are slightly more resilient, have a bit more resources, and a fair bit more versatility. What keeps them from breaking the system entirely is that they do not gain any extra actions (a Fighter/Wizard can't make a full-attack and cast a round of spells in the same turn) and their numbers do not stack (the Fighter/Wizard gains 1d10hp/level, not 1d10+1d6).

Overall, gestalt is very much like multi classing, but it removes the worry that you are ultimately crippling yourself. It also makes Prestige Classes much more accessible (the dips often required are no longer as costly to pick up).

Where did we land on XP and wealth progression? Were you willing to switch to Uniform instead of Staggered?

I'm planning a human sorcerer/fighter.

When you say, "Two traits or three with drawback. All characters gain the following Campaign trait (as one of their traits):", do you mean we get 2 traits, and we also get the campaign trait in addition to those two traits? Or we get the campaign trait, and then we choose another trait?
    ---

Being from the third world, BMR reserves the right to speak in the third person.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Where did we land on XP and wealth progression? Were you willing to switch to Uniform instead of Staggered?

I'm planning a human sorcerer/fighter.
    Uniform!

Quote Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    When you say, "Two traits or three with drawback. All characters gain the following Campaign trait (as one of their traits):", do you mean we get 2 traits, and we also get the campaign trait in addition to those two traits? Or we get the campaign trait, and then we choose another trait?
    You choose one trait and get the campaign trait as the second trait. You can pick another trait if you also take a drawback (giving you three traits total, one of which is the campaign trait).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast