Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

Joyya shrugged.

"Yeah...what she said," he grunts.

(OOC: So what are we talking with this belt, Abber? +2 STR?)

2. Default

Amadeus steps into the clearing, not beyond Katarina, but boldly into the clearing nonetheless and sighing, calls compassionately to her, “Oh lady of the lake, like you we have seen better days... They say of me that I am one who loved not wisely but too well... and with my love far away, i feel your sweet sorrow... but we have slain many an ogre at the fort and liberated it from that snake woman. So now is the time not to wallow in the winter of our discontent but to seize the day, destroy the coven threatening the dam and rescue thousands beloved. We can do if you but help us... Fear not, for the course of true love has never run smooth...”
    Last edited by mdh; 11-15-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Blog Entries

The executor divine's expression darkens at Amadeus' speech. Not the usual eye-rolling either but a genuine expression of anger. But she keeps her mouth shut for now; if they really were dealing with a traumatized soul arguing voices wouldn't help. Not even if one of the voices was basically saying: Hey, we know you got hurt a little but I know exactly what you're going to because of no real reason and you should just get over it and be happy.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"Winter o' our discontent," Joyya snorted. "What kinda mealy-mouthed, puffed-up bastard comes up with that sorta shit, eh?"
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 11-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.

5. Default

Amadeus reminds himself to turn Joyya’s outfit pink at first opportunity as he awaits the Fey mistress of these lands response to his outreach. He replies, “The son of married parents that blew that Ogre tribe apart with fireballs, had to tell his beloved and her family that their other daughter had been horribly murdered and is marching through the swamps of the world with your complaining and snoring thankyouverymuch...”
    Last edited by mdh; 11-16-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Paulo stands back and watches the 'show'...his silver dagger in-hand, cleaning the dirt from under his fingernails. Never a dull moment with the personalities in this group...he chuckles to himself.

Despite his bored facade, he keeps an eye out on their surroundings, checking for any surprises or movement.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+14) (9) [23]

Paulo is the first to notice the bubbling in the waters and the howloing rising from a faint sigh to a ear-piercing shrieking. Out of the waters rise the haggard, ghostly horror that was once the soul-shakingly beautiful nymph princess Myriana. You cannot be sure whether Yap was being intentionally dishonest, whether he did not know or whether he simply could not face the thruth: Myriana is not sick - she is dead, but her tormented soul has remained behind and is now poisoning the land with her anguish and hatred.

The horror rises slowly out of the stale waters. Her disembodied arms float at her sides, exposed bones and sinew stretching toward her torso but never too far out of reach. Her lower torso fades away to smoke, savaged too cruelly by the ogres for even her insane ghost to retain. But her most terrifying feature is her eyes: wells of hellish horror, crying out silently in an agony beyond anything a mortal creature could ever know.

She is beauty undone, and torment incarnate. But even in her horribly twisted undead state, her former beauty shines through and it is difficult even to look at her.

In a shrieking hate-filled voice threatening to split your ear drums, she calls out to you, "You failed!!! You failed my Lamatar, my love... You failed to protect the Fort... You allowed the foul ogres to take him to their lair high on Hook Mountain.... to feed him to their witches to drown this land in endless rains.... And now we are paying the price of your failure!!!" She seems very upset.

Blog Entries

And of course the executor divine can't let an accusation like that stand...
    "We did no such thing. It was not our fort to protect and we came as soon as we were able. We did not linger. In fact, we were extremely and fatally successful in liberating the fort and killing the ogres that occupied it. We didn't find the remains of Lamatar in the fort. You say they took him to the witches on... Hook Mountain? Good. Now we know were to look for these witches, which we will do. In order to kill them."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"She's right, m'lady," Joyya calls out. "I swear ta th' good gods above, she tells it true! Get yerself some peace and we'll avenge yer Lamatar's death, I swear it!"

Paulo nods, looking earnest, but not having anything to add. Once again, the steely lady was concise and right to the point.

He sheaths his dagger, and takes a moment to cast Resistance on himself...just in case, you know.

Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast