Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 904

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,168

    Default Round 2, cont'd

    Joyya gives as well as he receives, bashing the snake lady with both energized flail and roaring shield. She parries Joyya's flail with both her daggers locked in a cross - almost ripping the weapon out of his hand - and a shield bash merely glances off her thick scales. But a few of his attacks strike true, and with satisfaction, Joyya believes that he can see her starting to hurt.

    ((Ra - what is Joyyas AC? Sheet says 24? Paulo and Amadeus are up - and Cyrill, if someone wishes to take care of him...))


  2. #702

    Default

    (OOC: Yes sir, 24. Did I miscalculate damage? If so, I blame the Florida sun. )



  3. #703
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    The cramped basement of Fort Rannick is utter chaos, with the fiendish half-snake, half-humanoid woman wielding her twin daggers in a flurry of death, and Kaven, the traitorous ranger suddenly revealing his colors by attemting to put the powerful sorcerer out of the equation. But above it all flows the familiar tunes of the grim bard as a constantly underlying theme to the groups pursuit of justice and vengeance.

    Cyrill steps carefully out of Kavens immediate range without missing a single chord, and as he turns his attention at the new threat in their midst, his music takes on a new and darker tune. Interwoven within the inspiring march is a powerful energy, targeted specifically at Kaven, assaulting his ears and infiltrating his brain. The fallen ranger starts screaming and grits his teeth to withstand the magic

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFort save - (1d20+5) [24] vs. DC 17

    His scream turns into a defiant roar as he manages to shake off the brunt of Cyrill's magical attack.

    ((Amadeus and Paulo next))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-08-2019 at 09:44 PM.

  4. Default

    Caster lvl 11 check: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (20) [31]
    Concentration check Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+12) (18) [30]
    Observing rolls...

  5. Default

    “I truly wished that had worked...” Amadeus replied to the traitors cries, “For if my friend had taken you out of the fight, you might still live until tomorrow...”

    ”But you my dear, get no mercy from us...” He continues as he sprays missiles at their host:

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d4+5) (1, 1, 1, 3, 4) [15]

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    With ironclad focus, Amadeus goes through the sophisticated incantations wihout taking his eyes of the traitorious ranger. As he completes the spell, five glowing darts smash into Lucrecias scaly tail, leaving a few scorch marks in place. She writhes in pain, but the wounds appear relatively superficial.

    ((Paulo is next - then the rangers. I've heard from Dray - he is still settling in, but he hopes to be up and running soon. I'll give him a bit more time))

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,168

    Default Round 2, cont'd


    The sense of betrayal is too much for Jakardros and he regards Kaven with rage and disgust. Taking a step forward, he once again proves his marksmanship as he quickly fires two arrows at Kaven. The two projectiles shoot past Katharina through the doorway, finding their target (the shot is penalized as Katharina and the doorway provide cover):

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+12-4) (19) [27] -> Kaven
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+7-4) (17) [20] -> Kaven
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [5]

    Shalelu focuses on your main target and ignores Kaven for now:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+11) (20) [31] -> Lucrecia
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+6) (10) [16] -> Lucrecia
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [5]

    Sensing his master's rage directed at Kaven, Kibb finally decides the the traitorous ranger has become the enemy for some reason. The small firepelt jumps the last few steps down the stairway and starts snapping at Kaven's heels:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKibb bite - (1d20+8) (18) [26] -> Kaven
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+4) [9]
    If hit: Authentic Forum Dice-rollTrip - (1d20+8) [23]

    With Jakardros' arrows sticking out of his chest and blood starting to drip from his mouth, Kaven slowly turns to see the lightning shadow of the small firepelt cougar jumping towards him with barred teeth. Kibb locks his jaw around Kaven's throat and with a barely audible 'knick', snaps his neck. Kaven's lifeless body collapses to the floor.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-14-2019 at 08:21 PM.

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,168

    Default Round 2, cont'd

    One of Shalelu's arrows burrows deep into Lucrecias chest, potentially dealing a mortal wound:

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu crit confirm - (1d20+11) (4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollExtra damage - (2d8+2) [11]

    Just a few milimeters from the serpent lady's black heart, the wound is painful, but far from fatal.

    ((Delayed Paulo to move the combat a bit forward. Paulo and Katharina are next - then round 3 starting with Lucrecia))



    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-14-2019 at 08:29 PM.

  9. #709

    Default

    (OOC: Awww...looking forward to seeing this rolling again! Missed you guys. )

    Joyya just nods at Kaven's death.

    So it goes.

    Now, hopefully, everyone could pay attention and focus on the gods-bedamned monster trying to kill them all, the old warpriest thought characteristically grouchily.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 08-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.



  10. #710

    Default

    Glad to have the distraction removed of another foe at their back, Paulo assesses the immediate threat before him. He knows his swords won't do much unless he manages to hit an exposed, critical spot.

    He tumbles in front of Lucretia to join Joyya in his attack (to E19), and does his best to avoid any attack by the serpent lady.

    Last edited by Dray Truoc; 08-17-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •