Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 870

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #681

    Default

    Joyya's growl begins as a low rumble deep in his aged throat long before it becomes words. When it does, the dwarf's voice seems to rise in volume with each syllable.

    "You be sure ta tell Mokmurian, th' Skinsaw man, th' ancient Thassilonians and yer miserable fuckin' sister we send our regards, you unholy, murderous bitch!" the dwarf roars as he charges suddenly forward, swinging his swiftly-and-Sacredly-charged mace with all the force his old body can muster in such tight quarters.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurprise Attack - (1d20+16) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+8) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShock Damage - (1d6) [4]

    (OOC: Ending in F18 for the attack.)
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 06-12-2019 at 01:10 PM.



  2. #682

    Default

    'Oh shit,' Paulo says silently. 'I guess it's all going down,; as the grumpy, old peg-legged dwarf charges with a bit of unholy...well, holy...madness.

    He raises a hand and casts Resistance on himself...thinking he might need it; and prepares to join the fray.

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Surprise!

    Joyya surprises everyone as he suddenly rushes forward and smashes his crackling flail against the lady's back. The hit is clean and forceful and you would have expected the punch to crush the spine of the lithe woman. Clearly much tougher than she appears, she hardly seems to register the impact, except that her face twists into a vengeful rage as she spews, "You fools! You could have had it all - now you will only reap death!"


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 06-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.

  4. #684
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Round 1

    The lady reacts swiftly - she makes a rather un-lady like hissing sound as she starts twisting and turning all the while growing out of her human form. From the waist-up, she retains her humanoid figure (although, her eyes start to glow green and a forked snake-like tongue dances over her lips), but her legs grow in length and merge into the long scaled body of a serpent. From within the folds of her garments, she retrieves two curved guilded daggers. She backs into the corner and faces you, ready to strike.

    ((Kibb waits for Jakardros to call the shots, so everyone but Katharina is next - then the rangers.))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 06-13-2019 at 09:48 PM.

  5. #685

    Default

    Committed now, Joyya doesn't hesitate as he takes a five-foot step forward and fully assaults the monster before him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFlail - (1d20+14) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+8) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShock Damage - (1d6) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFlail - (1d20+9) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+8) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShock Damage - (1d6) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLion Shield Attack - (1d20+10) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d6) [11]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLion Shield Attack - (1d20+5) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d6) [10]



  6. #686

    Default

    Paulo watches Joyya rushing headlong into danger, and springs into action to do what he can to help. He can't recall ever seeing the dwarf in such a frothy rage before!

    He leaps towards the snake woman, tumbling towards her to end up in a crouch (E21), his sword poised to strike.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics to avoid AOO - (1d20+17) (8) [25]

    If Paulo avoids AOO: He lunges out with his main hand, aiming for the underbelly of the snake part of the woman.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollmain hand attack +1 short sword - (1d20+14+2) (4) [20] +14 Melee, +2 Canny Tumble (& sneak attack)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldmg - (1d6+7) (6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak attack dmg - (4d6) (1, 6, 5, 5) [17]


  7. #687
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Round 1, cont'd

    Joyya and Paulo moves in to engage Lucrecia, one more elegantly than the other. The dwarf is a flurry of smashes and bashes with flail and shield, while the nimble rogue slides in like and acrobat to bury his blade in her scaled hide. However, both combatants find that the snake lady is much harder to pinpoint, now that she is prepared and her defenses are fully up. She twists and writhes like a cobra poised for a strike and dodges most of the strikes. Those that do connect with her are deflected harmlessly off her hard scales.

    ((Cyrill and Amadeus are next, then the rangers. Paulo notices that although the snaked body is monstrously long, the lady's torso - and more importantly arms - are still normal humanoid length, so she doesn't seem able to strike at a distance - in other words, she doesn't have reach and you do not risk AoO by moving into range))


  8. #688

    Default

    "Once she grew, she became a tough ol' bitch!" Joyya cries to his still-to-strike companions. "Don't clean yer goddamn nails this time 'round, anybody, will ya? Things just got serious 'round 'ere!"



  9. Default

    “Our dear friend Katharina is not enough for you Joyya?” Amadeus replies with a grin to his friend, “Oh well, if you require my assistance, I will gladly continue to entertain death with my sorcerous music to her ears...”

    With that he flourishes his fingers and sents ahost of magical darts through the air at the host, “And I had hoped we could be.... civilized... but if death is what all of these... minions... want, well, we can certainly be accommodating...”

    Magic Missile: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d4+5) (3, 2, 4, 3, 3) [20]

  10. #690
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Round 1, cont'd

    Amadeus sends a volley of energized darts towards the serpent lady and sees them smash into her upper torso.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCaster level check - (1d20+8) [18] vs. Spell resistance 19
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 07-01-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •