Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 712

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #571

    Default

    "If we don't help 'em...," the dwarf said, running toward the fight in his stumpy way, huffing and puffing all the while, "no one will!"

    (OOC: Run action it is, sir, straight toward AY-25. That's as good a defensible spot as any.)



  2. #572
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Cyrill moves forward and starts singing with a loud, clear clarion voice, singing of the inexorable tide stopped nonetheless by human bravery. They had to punch through now, before grief overtook their minds. Thank the heavens for the emotion-numbing shock.

    ((Inspire courage does not have a range restriction beyond audible, and a trained performer like Cyrill should be able to have his voice carry through to his allies.))
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 03-07-2019 at 10:00 AM.

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Round 8

    Another huge blast of fire engulfs a group of five ogres running towards the northern assault team.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 1 - (1d20) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 2 - (1d20) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 3 - (1d20) [1]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 4 - (1d20) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 5 - (1d20) [11]

    The explosion incinerates all five ogres and every one of them die screaming in the inferno.

    Amadeus moves a bit forward and the rest of you seek to close the distance to the rangers by the southern gate.

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-07-2019 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Round 8, cont'd

    Shalelu and Jakardros both fire their bows at the fat ogre crying in anger and sadness over the loss of their lost friend.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+12+3) (6) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+3+1d6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+7+3) (13) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+3+1d6) [8]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+11+3) (18) [32]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1+3) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+6+3) (7) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1+3) [12]

    Several arrows hit their mark, but the fat ogre hardly seems to notice.

    Having just witnessed his fellow ranger being butchered before his very eyes, Kaven stumbles back towards the wall of the fort, screaming in horror. The firepelt seems to have entered a blood frenzy, however, and it jumps forward without hesitation, seeing to sink its teeth into the fat ogre. The ogre is fast for his size, and he swings his hook against the cat as it approaches.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO Hook - (1d20+16) (3) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [20]

    The fat ogres swing is poorly aimed and he miraculously misses the agile cat.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-07-2019 at 07:17 PM.

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Round 8, cont'd

    The heroic little firepelt cougar snaps at the fat ogre with ferocious zeal

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+8) (11) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+4) [8]
    If hit, Authentic Forum Dice-rollTrip - (1d20+8) [11] vs. fat ogres CMD

    The cat's sharp teeth sink into the ogres shin, but massive brute ignores the cat as a minor nuisance. He emits a blood-chilling roar and charges towards Shalelu out of sight behind the long building. The cougar takes another bite at the ogre as he runs away

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO Bite - (1d20+8) (1) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+4) [10]
    If hit, Authentic Forum Dice-rollTrip - (1d20+8) [16] vs. fat ogres CMD

    Once again, the ogre is too fast for the cat, and the graceful creature bites in empty air.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCharge hook - (1d20+16+2) (6) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [20]

    Judging by the gasp of pain, the ogre has succeeded in striking at Shalelu.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-07-2019 at 07:31 PM.

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Round 8, cont'd

    Of the last three ogres remaining, two of them run gleefully towards the solitary firepelt cougar, ecstatic at seeing a seemingly easy prey.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreatclub - (1d20+7) (17) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+7) [21]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreatclub - (1d20+7) (11) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+7) [14]

    The first ogre hits the firepelt in the side with a mighty crunch, nearly smashing the poor cat to bloody pulp. It remains standing, but its crouching limp signals that it is gravely wounded.

    The last ogre turns towards Katharina running his way. He moves forward and takes up position in her path, grinning stupidly and swinging his huge club in anticipation of a tasty human female coming his way ((ready attack action))

    ((I assumed that Katharina and Paulo kept running forward. Your turn next.))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-07-2019 at 07:43 PM.

  7. Default

    Amadeus surveys the devastation as Lady Death strolls through the field. He whispers as he casts his fourth ball of angry fire, “Not today my love... The rangers will fight onwards... And so will kitty...”

    DC 19, Fireball exclude cat with rod Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (4, 6, 1, 1, 6, 2, 2, 1, 5, 4) [32]

    (Abber can I place in CE35 or 36 and hit the ogre around the corner?)

  8. #578

    Default

    "Shit! They're not going to make it!" Paulo exclaims in frustration, seeing the rangers' bloody battle raging in the lower yard. He runs at full tilt, towards his right, angling to catch up to Katharina and get into a flanking position with her.

  9. #579

    Default

    Joyya - huffin' and puffin' as always - keeps double-timing it to get closer to the action and to stand by Katharina's side, if he can ever catch up to her.



  10. #580
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Cyrill moves up along with Joyya and Paulo, untill they all are within 30ft of miss Durmond, after which he casts Haste, keeping up the song. ((At least Joyya and Paulo should be able to get close enough to stand within 30 ft of Katharina, if I don't make that with only 30 ft movement I'll exclude myself.))
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 03-13-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •