Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 903

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #561

    Default

    (OOC: Fair enough. Thanks Abber.)



  2. #562

    Default

    Paulo's grimace morphs into a smile of thanks, as Joyya's healing closes up his wound. He shrugs his shoulders around as if stretching, and says, "Thanks mate! Now, let's go get these bastards!"

    He sets off at a run, following after Katharina and trying to cover as much of the distance as he can.

  3. #563
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Round 7

    Katharina starts running towards the second group of ogres by the south gate, followed closely by Cyrill and - somewhat further behind - Joyya. By moving to his left, Amadeus gains a clear line of sight to the group of ogres, ready to conjure his deadly magic.

    ((Cyrill can move further if running like Katharina, but I assume he does not wish to get too far ahead of her. Paulo will start moving next round. Amadeus can fire his battery at the ogres, before they take their turn))


  4. #564
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    ((your assumption is completely justified, Cyrill is well enough aware that he isn't exactly a skilled combatant.))

  5. Default

    “Its a hard knock life... for us... It’s a horde of Ogres for the rangers... Time to even the score....” Amadeus sings under his breath as he casts the lore of fire into a sphere and sends it to caress the large brutes across the courtyard.

    Fireball DC19 Ref half for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (6, 4, 3, 6, 2, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6) [39]

  6. #566

    Default

    Joyya huffs, puffs and double-moves himself closer to the group and action, just in time to see the flames erupt from Amadeus's fingertips.

    (OOC: I think that that's the best my boy can do this round. Gotta get closer and it ain't easy on one leg! )



  7. #567
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    A large "whoompf" signals the explosion of Amadeus' fireball in the midst of the small group of ogres. Instinct allows them to jump aside at the last instant in an attempt to avoid the brunt of the blast.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 1 - (1d20) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 2 - (1d20) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 3 - (1d20+3) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave ogre 4 - (1d20) [5]

    ((Observing dice rolls...))

  8. #568
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Round 7, cont'd

    When the flames down, three of the four ogres lie in charred heaps of smoking remains, but the last one is still standing - severe third degree burns not withstanding.

    From your position, you can see Vale moving in to engage the ogre in close combat, thereby opening himself to a lethal swing from the ogres sharp hook

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollOgre hook AoO - (1d20+16) (8) [24] -> Vale Temros
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [27]

    The large darkskinned ranger clenches his teeth against the dreadful gash suffered to his side, crouches low and swings his main hand battle axe in a wide arc against the ogres hide-covered knees.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBattleaxe - (1d20+10+2) (16) [28] -> Ogre
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+7+2) [17]

    Under cover of Vale's attack, a small agile shadow bolts out from behind the large building and places itself behind the ogre. During intensive training, the firepelt cougar has been taught to seek the flanking position of any prey. It seems tiny next to the ogre, but what it lacks in size it makes up in ferocity.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+8+2) (2) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+4) [7]
    If successful, Authentic Forum Dice-rollTrip - (1d20+8) [22] vs. CMD 26

    From their vantage points in the back, Shalelu and Jakardros pelts the ogre with arrows

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+12+4) (8) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6+4) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+7+4) (16) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6+4) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+11) (1) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+6) (18) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [3]

    Finally, and a bit more hesitantly, the lithe Kaven sneaks out from behind the shadows and lends his rapier to the battle

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKaven - (1d20+8+2+2) (11) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+1+2+3d6) [19]

    ((Observing dice rolls...))

  9. #569
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Round 7, cont'd

    Each and every one of the ranger team takes a slash, bite, shot and stab at the ogre and every hit drains the life force out of the brute, until it is a well-placed thrust of Kavens rapier, which finally fells the ogre.

    Seeing his kin taken down by the band of hated rangers, the fat bulbuous ogre throws himself into a fit of rage and charges headlong towards the nearest range - the badly wounded Vale Temros.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCharge hook - (1d20+16+2) (10) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [26]

    The ogre hook is buried deep into Vale's back. Even from your distance, it is clear that the wound is fatal. You can almost hear the crunching sound as the hook severs the brave ranger's spine - he collapses to the ground as the fat ogre wrests the hook from the body. You can hear the wail of anguish coming from Jakardros as he witnesses the demise of his dear friend and companion...

    Having been alerted to the sound of battle and the bellowing of the fat ogre, the door to the large building nearby is thust open and a horde of ogres start milling out into the courtyard.

    ((I have not yet moved any of you on the map below, even if you have posted earlier. You have a chance to reconsider given the updated situation. If you like, you can take quadruple move using a run action (triple if wearing heavy armor). Your turn next))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-05-2019 at 09:00 PM.

  10. Default

    Amadeus momentarily forgets his ditty when viewing the death of Vale. Grimly he smiles as the new targets present himself, adding his third fireball of the day to the brotherhood of muscle: “Eenie meanie manny MOE, catch an ogre and his brothers in a swarm of fire we go...”

    DC 19 Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (3, 1, 3, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 5, 6) [38]

Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •