Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

1. Default

“Fly?” Amadeus replies, “I have not learned that spell. Let me ponder... Might know a way...”

Amadeus summons his familiar who flies around him, which mutters in common, “I have a bad feeling about this...” The sorcerer laughs gleefully as he chants, tracing a rectangle in the air with his glowing finger before pointing at Paulo and Joyya and Cyril and in fact each of them before stepping through the rectangle... and disappearing...

As the other seven stare at the rectangle, it appears to be a one way doorway and they hear from upstairs Amadeus call out, “If you want to use the dimension door, please step through quickly, I can only keep open for a shorttime...”

The dwarf's eyes widen.

"Gods! You nuts, mage?! I ain't walkin' through no door o' death! Hells, I hate boats, let alone dimensional friggin' doors!"

As everyone gazes in wonder at Amadeus' party tricks, Shalelu is suddenly alerted to a faint rustling sound coming from outside. Faster than anyone else can register the sound, she rises with an arrow nocked on her string taking aim at the opening at the front of the barn. A large cat bolts through the opening and Shalelu barely restrains herself from putting an arrow into its throat as she realises that it is the firepelt cougar that you rescued from the Graul hunting party earlier in the day. The cat jumps strait to Jakardros and starts to rub its head against his legs purring loudly as Jakardros strokes its pelt and talks soothingly to it. For the first time you actually see him smile as his face lights up in recognition. The hearty welcome seems to darken Shalelu's mood even further and she hesitates for just a brief second too long - still aiming her arrow at the cat - before reluctantly lowering her weapon. She gathers her things and steps into the farthest corner to take her place in relative solitude.

Joyya grunts to Jakardros, "Seems you'n'th'cat know each other, eh?"

Paulo looks nervously at the shimmering portal that Amadeus conjures...not relishing the thought of jumping into such a thing.

Saved by the...cat? He switches attention quickly as the cougar bounds into view. He can't help throw a nervous glance at Shalelu at the old ranger's obvious show of affection for the cat.

"Special friends, those two," Paulo nods and responds to Joyya...almost laughing except for the awkwardness of Shalelu's reaction.

"Aye. That cat likes 'im more than me own ma liked me!"

Jakardros' smile quickly fades and with a glance towards Shalelu in the corner, his face darkens and he looks down as if feeling guitly or ashamed. "Well, we've been through a lot together for many years - I never let him down...." he mumbles softly as his voice fades away.

There is a moment of awkward silence before Vale clears his throat and his deep voice rumbles, "That is all well and good - but what is the plan?"

"Show us those tunnels, then, will ya?" the old dwarf says resignedly.

Blog Entries

"The plan is a two pronged assault. Thanks to sir Endarulf's considerable magical talent we can get up to the aerie and descend downward. At the same time the four of you go through the Shockers. I assume wilderness men such as you can get past them. We meet up inside and kill any and all unlawful occupants of the fort." Katharina muses as she brushes her platinum hair to a high shine. Now without her heavy armor and padded underarmor her muscular arms are bare, the elaborate tattoos depicting her house sigils and her devotion to Asmodeus and her country of Cheliax clearly visible.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"First boats, now flying...gods be good, what next?" Joyya grumbles somewhat good-naturedly, agreeing to the plan even as he complained about it.

Page 48 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast