Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

"Excellent!" Grobaras drops down into a groaning chair with a sigh of relief, "The city of Magnimar owes you a debt of gratitude!"

He grows silent as he leans back in his chair, tapping his fingers idly together and looking at you thoughtfully. After a moment of thought, he continues, "The city has decided to award you with a substantial sum of gold, in case you prevailed. It is a suitable reward for your services to the city - and it is more: It is a price - in return for which, you agree never to disclose the details of what you have witnessed. The City has suffered enough - no need to rip up old wounds...."

He slides over a piece of paper, stamped by the Lord-Mayor's personal seal. It is a draft on the Cathedral of Abadar amounting to no less than 25,000 gold sails.

"A-ha-ha...!" Paulo exclaims, reaching down to pick up the draft. "Gold for silence."

Nodding, he makes a motion as if to lock him mouth and throw away the key. He's got no compunctions about keeping the town's dirty, little secret; but wonders if any of his companions might. That's a lot of gold, though...

"Now, now, don't be rude, Paulo," Joyya says, though he keeps his actual thoughts on all this silent for now. "Thank the man, eh? Thank you, Mayor. This is a handsome sum for a job well done. My thanks, and that of m' companions, is yers."

Take the damned money and run, the warpriest thinks. Morality can be dealt with after we spend this sneaky bastard's money, not before!

(OOC: With that extra 5,000 each, that should give folks about 14,000 gold to shop with before setting out. I'd say it's time to crack open the SRD and see what we're buyin'.)

4. Default

“It has been a pleasure Mr. Mayor. About the manor we have been using, we may need to use it again in the future. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement, yes?” Amadeus asks th3 mayor.

"No! I'm afraid that is out of the question. The property does not belong to the city...", the smallest of pauses makes you think think that he was about to add a "yet" before deciding not to, "..., so we cannot just dispose of the property as we see fit. As the previous owner has....passed away, we have to sort out the various claims of potential heirs and creditors - it is a mess. I know that you have been using the property for a short time, and we have tolerated that under the circumstances. But I am afraid that if you continue with your occupation for much longer, the city will view you as squatters. I would kindly ask you to vacate the property at your earliest convenience. If you need a few days, I understand - but after that, I would be happy to recommend an inn far more comfortable than an old abandoned townhouse, and..." he adds dryly, "well within your current means, I should imagine."

He raises an eyebrow and looks at you, "Anything else I can do for you?", clearly expecting a "no thank you" for an answer.

"No, thank ye," Joyya says, his nod almost becoming a bow.

"Couple days, sir, and we'll be on'r way. We got a boat ta catch, I'm afreard."

"Hmph...squatters..." Paulo mumbles under his breath, taking umbrage at the suggestion.

"Let's be off then, mates. Thank you, your lordship, and all the best to the people of this fine city. May it quickly return to its bustle and glory."

"Aye. After a bit o' shoppin' and gettin' transport set up, we'll be off."

Heading out, Joyya turns to his allies and says, "Alright, boys'n'girl. If ye need to shop, do it. I'm done w'that, so I'll set about gettin' us transport t' Turtleback. What's yer pleasure? We walkin'? We ridin' w' a wagon, if I c'n find us one? Or...*glup*...is it ta be a godsbedamned boat?"

Blog Entries

The executor divine takes her sweet time in shopping, getting two new finely made silk dresses made in black and red along with a magical headband and some magical spells cast on her weapon. When she returns to the others she's far removed from the militant cleric you fought with earlier. Now dressed like a stern haughty noble woman in fine yet dark dress contrasting sharply to her pale skin and her magnificent platinum hair braided into a crown accenting the headband. She exudes confidence and the majesty of Asmodeus.

As for mode of transportation she says:
    "A wagon? You jest I hope. A coach is more like it, and more fitting our standing. You seem to dislike transit over water?"
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

"Wagon, coach, fuckin' palanquin...I ain't picky, pretty lady, long as I don't have ta sail'r'swim," Joyya replies with a big smile through his hoary beard.

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast