Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 907

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #791
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,356
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    ((If she still lives and she wants to do anything, almost every option she has causes an AoO so I'll just roll that too.))
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO - (1d20+14) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+17) [24]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. Default

    Amadeus casts detect magic and looks for magical auras now that Katarina has smashed the witch to the floor.

  3. #793
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Round 7, cont'd

    Katharina steps up and smashes her blade down upon the almost helpless ogre thrashing about on the floor, and...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollOne is a hit - (1d2) [1]

    ...she gets the satisfying sensation of her blade biting into fat flesh. The hit inflicted a mrotal wound, but the ogre is remarkably resilient. Bleeding from several deep wounds, she still fights for her ugly existence...

    Katharinas second strike would have probably ended the ogres life, if she hadn't managed to roll out of the way at the very last second, causing Katharinas blade to bite deep into the wooden flooring.
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 10-06-2019 at 07:42 AM.

  4. #794
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Round 7, cont'd

    Amadeus does indeed detect magical auras in the vicinity. However, from experience he knows that it does take some time of deep concentration before he can actually discern the different magical auras and make sure that it is not just the ones the group has taken with them.

    Jakardros shakes his head as if trying to get rid of an annoying fly buzzing around his head. Suddenly he looks up at Shalelu, his own stepdaughter and yells, "This is the end, you fiend! Your reign of terror ends here!". Then he takes a step back and starts pelting the shocked Shalelu with his arrows.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow - (1d20+12) (3) [15] -> Shalelu
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow - (1d20+7) (3) [10] -> Shalelu
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [13]

    By some miracle, the master bowman misses the stunned target standing right in front of him! Perhaps some part of the real Jakardros is still clinging on to sanity causing him to deliberately miss?.

    Shalelu is so shocked the sudden assault from the man she know and trusted and loved so many years ago, that she doesn't know what to do, "What are you doing, Jakardros!?!? Snap out of it! I am not your enemy!". She tries her best to avoid getting hit ((Total defense action)).

    Meanwhile, the ogre sorceress tries to stand up, staggering in her own blood as she does so. Katharina seeks to exploit her vulnerable position, but the last miss has thrown her off balance and the strike is half-hearted. In a last desperate attempt to get away, she starts chanting once more.

    ((Joyya can take an AoO as she gets up - remember to roll for hitting the last mirror image. If she survives, she will cast on the defensive to avoid another AoO: Authentic Forum Dice-rollConcentration - (1d20+10+4) [16] vs. DC 19. If she makes it, I will let you know what happens after Joyyas AoO))


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 10-06-2019 at 08:10 AM.

  5. #795

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO - (1d20+14) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+8) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShock Damage - (1d6) [3]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHit on a 1 - (1d2) [1]

    "Not so fast, ya bad ol' bitch, ya!" Joyya cries, swinging away.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 10-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.



  6. #796
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Round 7, cont'd

    Joyya is not hampered by imbalance and he happens to pick the right target. His heavy flail crushes the skull of the ogre sorceress as she tries to stand, and she collapses back onto the floor lying still.

    There do not seem to be any more enemies in the immediate vicinity that you are aware off. You do recall that the deformed ogre with the iron jaw fled out into the rain a few moments ago. You have no idea where he has gone, or when - if ever - he will be back. There is still the matter with Paulo and the rangers acting kind of strangely, however...


  7. #797
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,356
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "This waste of fat and skin got off some kind of spell. I could feel it pressing on my mind earlier." Katharina states. "I can try to negate that." she continues and casts Dispel Magic, attempting to dispel the spell the ogress had previously cast.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllvl check - (1d20+8) [26]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  8. #798
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Round 8

    Katharina completes an incantation of her own, pointing at Paulo when releasing her spells energy. The rogue instantly feels the fog lifting from his mind and he starts to wonder where the hell those words he just spoke came from.

    Jakardros still looks like he sees an ogre in place of his stepdaughter, though. Shalelu also looks confused, but perhaps that is to be expected when suddenly being attacked by a close ally.

    ((Dispel Magic cancels a spell affecting a single target - I assume you wish to clean up Paulo first))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 10-07-2019 at 05:14 AM.

  9. #799

    Default

    Joyya puts himself between Jak and Shae.

    "Oy! Snap out o' it, Jak! That's yer girl there, eh?"

    Turning to his other allies, he adds, "Heal up if ya need it, boys'n'girl. Lemme know what ya need if ya need more'n this. That iron-jawed bastard ain't gonna run away f'rever."

    Joyya then channels healing energy and sends it cascading over his compatriots.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollChannel Heal All - (2d6) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollChannel Heal All - (2d6) [6]

    (OOC: Joyya is now back up to 53/54 HP.)
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 10-07-2019 at 02:44 PM.



  10. #800
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Round 8, cont'd

    While Joyya sends his mending relief over the team, Amadeus continues to concentrate on scanning the room for magical auras. He starts to distinguish the different auras from each other, and there seems to be quite a few. Apart from the familiar magical items, which you brought with you, Amadeus detects five different auras within the chapel, the strongest aura is moderate.

    Jakardros once again raises his bow, this time taking aim at Joyya, but then he seems to suddenly have second thoughts. He looks at Joyya and yells, "Are you the glowing teapot? Go stabilize the rock that fell from the depth of the ocean!". Meanwhile, a sigh of relief escapes Shalelu, as Jakardros turns his bow away from her, but then she suddenly starts to hammer her own bow into her own face, repeatedly again and again, dealing Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+1) [8] points of damage.

    There are still no signs of Ironjaw or any other enemies.

    Soothing healing continues to stream from Joyyas prayers as you try to regain control of the situation.


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 10-08-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •