Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 877

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,339
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcrit confirm - (1d20+14) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollextra crit damage - (2d8+30) [40]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  2. Default

    Amadeus summons his bird from the thrush tattoo on his arm and sends it to land on the doorway through which the group entered as a sentry of some sort. He then pulls out a small knife and cleans his cuticles while waiting for the ogre bloodletting to finish...

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    If Katharina finishes off the final ogre, Cyrill adds in a final triumphant note before returning to a more subdued state, witnessing the slaughter around them.
    'It would seem we're mostly alright, for now.Desna knows how many more of these bastards lumber around here.'

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,135

    Default Round 3

    Seeing the blond, skinny female human rush carelessly forward, the half-faced ogre plants his feet firmly on the floor and raises his hook poised for a strike. The pretty half of his face twists into an evil grin of foreboding - the other mushy half is just dead and void of any expression at all. He times his swing to catch Katharina as she gets in range and with deadly precision, he executes the strike.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO Ogre hook - (1d20+16) (16) [32] -> Katharina (-2 AC due to charge)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [17]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill save - (1d20+5) [23]

    Second later, his grin freezes as Katharinas blade sinks deep into his soft belly, driven by her momentum and the sharpness of the falcata. Crimson froth bubbles forth from his lips as he spits blood, but the fires of fury keeps burning in the giants eyes and he pushes himself forcefull off the blade. Judging by his shaky gait, the ogre is badly hurt - but he is still standing....

    Jakardros and Shalelu once again turn to face the new threat coming down the hallway. The step out from the corner and fire their missiles at the enemy. Both archers are careful enough not to shoot their companions in the back, but Paulo and Katharina nevertheless unwittingly provide the ogre with some cover against the arrows.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+12+4) (19) [35]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+4) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+11) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [9]

    ((Observing dice rolls...))

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,135

    Default Round 3, cont'd

    The two rangers fire their bows over the heads of Paulo and Katharina - the rogue feels air pressure from Jakardros' missile whistle mere centimeters past his right ear. Both arrows strike into the ogres broad chest. The ogre grunts, spits some more blood and stumbles forward a few steps before steadying himself. Then the power of Jakardros' enchanted bow ignites and the arrow in the ogres chest releases its electric energy.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollElectricity damage - (1d6) [4]

    The huge body twists and rattles for a few seconds before finally collapsing onto the floor.




  6. #666
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,339
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Katharina shrugs, moving her shoulder to check where the ogre had hit her on her approach but she's nit hurt too badly so it's alright. With disdain she quickly wipes most of the viscera off her blade on the ogre corpse and heals herself somewhat with her wand.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclw - (1d8+1) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollclw - (1d8+1) [9]
    She nods to Paulo as if to charge him to choose the next move.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  7. #667

    Default

    Joyya, showered in blood and sticky with viscera, turns around triumphantly only to have his eyes bug out. He sputters in apoplectic rage for a moment before growling, "We're up here fightin' and dyin'...and yer cleanin' yer fuckin' fingernails, Amadeus?! Are you out of yer goddamned magic-missile-y mind?! Why didn't ya help us?!"



  8. #668
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    As the echo of the last collapsing ogre dies out, near silence returns to the ransacked fort. No more smashing of doors are heard, and Amadeus' thrush returns briefly to chirp in the sorcerer's ears that everything seems calm in the pouring rain outside.


  9. #669

    Default

    Paulo steps up to wipe his blades on the nearest ogre, then twirls his swords with a flourish ending neatly in the sheathes over his shoulders.

    "First things first," he flashes a grin at the ever-solemn Katharina, "Keep an eye out, hey? Maybe some of you can get those poor blokes' heads off the wall in the armory, and see if there's anything worth takin...ah...arming ourselves with to help take back the fort?"

    He quickly checks the fallen ogres for anything of value...trying not to soil his hands with the blood spattered around.

    Once those activities are complete, he glances at the two hallways, and defers to the rangers. "You lot know this place better than us. It sounds nice and quiet now, but get us heading in the right direction. Don't want any surprises, right?"

    While it sounded like the ogres were part of Nagri's door-hating club, once the rangers point them in a direction, he'll put his attention to checking for traps on any door they go through.


  10. #670
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    The search of the ogre corpses end fairly disappointing - none of them carried anyhing of immediate value (to anyone else than perhaps ogres). Two of the ogres seem to have been better equiped than their brethren - with masterwork quality hide armors and sharpened ogre hooks, but as they are suited for ogre-sized forms, they are much too large and heavy to be of any use for anyone smaller (including you and most markets you can think of).

    "Well," Jakardros says in answer to Paulo's question, "the ground floor of the fort is mostly barracks and guest quarters, mess hall, kitchen, and... yeah - you've seen the armory. The doors in each corner, there, will take you to the towers and the ramparts." According to Amadeus' little bird, the ramparts and towers appeared empty of ogres. "Down there..." he points up the long hallway from which the last ogre came, "...are stairs leading up to to the second floor holding the forts chapel and the quarters of our commander. There are also a set of stairs leading down to the prison cells in the basement. Which way is the right direction? - I guess it depends on where you want to go?"


Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •