Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 900

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #881
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Myriana starts hissing and tosses her head back and forth, still floating a few feet above the murky waters. She does seem to heed your words, and eventually she calms down a bit, "They killed and mutilated my dryads....they took my Lamatar.....Find them....kill them - cleanse this land of their foul presence...... And bring back my Lamatar to me! If he is dead, I need his remains....or a part of it. Go, now! Return my beloved to me! Return my commander to my heart, or I shall find him with my vines and my dark trees will eat the land and churn your people to bone and misery. Return Lamatar to my embrace!" She seems to be very adamant about that last part - and she doesn't appear to one, who takes no for an answer...

  2. #882

    Default

    Turning to his allies, including the pixie Yap, the warpriest asks, "Uhhh...can we do that? She seems pretty damned insistent out there."



  3. Default

    Amadeus replies, “We will do so.”

  4. #884
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Katharina shrugs. A gesture so uncharacteristic to her it's almost comical.
    "Does it matter? We, or at least I, was going to search out this witches coven and kill them anyway, along with any vile cretin I come across on the way there. It's as good a place as any to look for Lucrecia and this Mokmurian she mentioned. So we kill them. And if Lamatar's remains are really there... Well, it would be a small effort to bring back a piece of him to here so why wouldn't we? That way we can at least prevent this undead specter from causing havoc. So come on, we have a job to do. First to the dam and from there up the mountain. Ser Jakadros will be able to show us the way."
    She turns to the specter:
    "Consider it done. We'll return with a piece of him."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  5. #885
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    The ghost appears to have been placate by your promises of doing what she asks of you - at least for now. "See that you do!" she hisses one last time before slipping back under the waters of the pond.


    You find the shivering little Yap hiding behind a tree at the edge of the clearing, pale as a sheet and visibly shaken. "S-s-s-she is not really s-s-s-sick, is she?", he stammers with a voice full of heartbroken sadness. Yap agrees to show you the way back out of the shimmerglens - and wait for your return from Hook Mountain.

    After a few hours of wading back through the sickly marshland, you return to the little hillock with the large oak tree, where you first encountered Yap. In one of the low branches sits a hawk - the first living bird you have seen for hours. As you approach, the hawk sets off the branch and swoops down to take a seat on Paulo's shoulder. You can see a small piece of parchment attached to one of it's feet. You take the note and read the very short message from Jakardros: "The dam has burst! Hurry! Get to the Ferry - save who you can!!!!"
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 11-21-2019 at 08:18 PM.

  6. #886

    Default

    "Sonofa...," Joyya breathes in abject horror. His cheeks drain of color and his eyes go wide.

    "We gotta get ta Turtleback, now! Run, you lot! Run!"

    And off he stumps, double-time, praying he wasn't too late.



  7. #887
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,354
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Hold up... What makes you think we can walk faster than a flood? Horses wouldn't be able to keep in front of a flood let alone us. If the dam broke those people are already dead. Nothing we can do about it. We should get to high ground before we are washed away ourselves. Or get really really good at swimming."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  8. Default

    Amadeus sends his Thrush aloft to check the story before turning to the group, “I agree with Katharina. Either the message is false and meant to delay us or is real and there is nothing we can do. To higher ground we go and to see what is the painful truth...”

  9. #889
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    Your current position is right by the Wicker Walk where it crosses the Willow River very close to Bitter Hollow. From where you stand, you can see the Willow River, and in the distance the faint line of Claybottom Lake. But you can't see Turtleback Ferry or whether the water level of Claybottom Lake stands higher than usual. You send the thrush aloft, and it takes a quick look around and returns with its findings: As far as it can tell, there is little, if any change in the water level of Willow River - so if a massive flood has occured, it is not enough to reach up through Willow River - at least not yet. But there could still be floods further downriver at the Ferry or by Claybottom Lake.

    ((Not sure what the range of the thrush is - I assumed it took a quick once-over in the immediate area, but if you can and wish to send it on a longer journey, it might be able to reach Turtleback Ferry? It is about 10 miles as the thrush flies. I've updated the map to show the entire Hook Mountain region, including the dam at Skull's Crossing and the enemy's stronghold at Hook Mountain. Higher ground would probably be somewhere north - basically anything gray in the northern part of the map should be relatively high.))

  10. #890

    Default

    Joyya wheels on the Executor Divine, points a stubby finger at her and says, "Now you listen ta me. I ain't sayin' yer wrong; I ain't sayin' yer not smart fer sayin' so. But I am sayin' this: the right thing ta do is ta go try ta save those poor people. We might be too late, we might be in danger, we might be fools fer tryin'...but tryin' is th' right thing ta do and that's what I'm gonna do. So either come along and help'r'don't. Yer call. I'm goin'."

    And with that, the dwarf does indeed turn and go, straight toward the village of Turtleback Ferry and whatever disaster he might find there.



Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •