Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1031

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,308

    Default Round 1

    The small party creeps forwards as fast as possible without drawing too much attention to themselves. So far it seems that the ogres are still oblivious to your approach, but it is only a matter of time before that changes.

    Current distance between party and ogre demolition crew: 240 ft.

    I have rolled in secret to determine at which distance the ogres will notice your approach. If you wish to take them by surprise by a fireball, or something else, let me know at what distance you wish to fire at them. If your distance is longer than mine, you will take them by surprise. Otherwise, they will get a few seconds of warning they can react to your approach.

  2. #1002

    Default

    (OOC: Happy post 1000 in this thread, all! )

    Joyya keeps on moving, getting ever closer, waiting to see when the fireworks would start.



  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,232
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Katharina doesn't care if the ogres notice them. But in the event they aren't seen until they arrive at the 100ft mark removed from the ogres she'll open fire.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  4. Default

    Amadeus launches his first fireball as the distance approached 200 feet. Regardless he can’t measure the distance that accurately from where he stood ...

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (1, 6, 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 3) [36] for dc 18

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    The ogres still appear preoccupied with their vandalism when Amadeus' fireball shoots past Joyya, Katharina and Paulo running along the top of the dam. The blast engulfs three of the five ogres in a fiery explosion...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRef save 1 - (1d20) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRef save 2 - (1d20) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRef save 3 - (1d20) [4]

    ...and they all burst into fire and crumble to charred heaps of flesh on the ground.

    Shalelu stops momentarily to send a single arrow against one of the ogres outside the blast zone

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow - (1d20+11-2) (10) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [8]

    She hits the ogre in the shoulder and continues advancing towards the enemy.

    The sudden blast causes mayhem and confusion among the few remaining ogres. The one that Shalelu hit starts running towards the skull-shaped structure in the middle of the dam, while the other one starts charging towards you - whether from ill-advised bravery, stupidity or sheer confusion is anybody's guess.

    Current distances:
    Between front ogre and Joyya, Katharina and Paulo: 120 ft.
    Amadeus and Shalelu: +10 ft.
    Second ogre: +70 ft.

    ((Your turn...))
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 03-15-2020 at 11:20 AM.

  6. #1006

    Default

    Joyya continues advancing, but only his normal distance; not double. He uses the Full Defense action in case of ranged attacks coming his way next round.



  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,232
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Katharina focuses and calls upon her divine might to cast Blessing of Fervor on herself and all her allies.
    "Oh lord of lords, grant us your blessings and empower us to eradicate these maggots that crawl before us!"
    She keeps pace with Joyya after she casts it and draws her blade.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    The party is closing in on the front ogre fast. You can now make out the furious rage painted on its face as the ogre rushes towards you bellowing profanities through the rain and swinging his fearsome ogre hook above his head.

    The faint sound of a yelling voice makes you look back, and you see Jakardros running towards you, yelling something, which drowns in the noise of the rains and the water fall pouring out from the breach in the dam. The old ranger waves his arms and screams at the top of his lunges. It almost sounds like....a warning?

    Suddenly, you feel the ground shaking - like a small earthquake. Not hard enough to topple you over, but more like the ripples of something massive impacting the whole dam. Suddenly, what seems like a great submarine explosion breaks the surface of the Storval Deep and a huge snake with a gigantic draconic head shoots up from the deep. It keeps rising and rising to an impossible height above your heads, and soon after, the long neck and head is joined by several lengthy tentacles writhing up from the bubbling waters around the snake. The monstrosity emits an ear-piercing hooting roar and its head whips down to snap at the poor ogre running away from you.


    [rollv=Bite]1d20+24[rollv] vs. ogre
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d8+13) [22]

    It snatches the ogre in its giant maw and you can almost feel how his bones snap as the huge monster chews and swallows the poor ogre.

    The ogre leader still comes running, and he is getting quite close. But now it seems he is not running towards you, but rather away from something.....

    Distances:
    Between the party and the front ogre: 40 ft.
    To the monster: +120 ft.

    ((Your turn...))


  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    FFS stupid BBcode...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+24) (15) [39] vs. ogre

  10. #1010

    Default

    "Oh hells...," Joyya breathes, neck craning up, up and up.

    (OOC: Despite his better judgement, my guy moves his full movement toward the ogre and once again takes Full Defense as his action this turn.)
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 03-18-2020 at 11:04 PM.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •